Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Invulnerability After Fall

kyori

There is the topic of invulnerability after spawning etc recently and I notice whenever we fall into the 'abyss' of any map, there is no invulnerability moment when we are being 'teleport' back to the surface.

We are unable to move for about 1-2 seconds after returning and if there are many (high level) mobs there, we will be killed helplessly.

So is it possible to add the invulnerability when we got teleported back after the fall?

6 minutes ago, kyori said:

So is it possible to add the invulnerability when we got teleported back after the fall?

I think it's part of the gameplay that falling actually punishes you since you know... You shouldn't fall in the first place imo.

While I do disagree with an invulnerability period after returning from falling off a cliff, I still think some of these incidents are redundant. There are several areas that you can easily jump out of after parkour 2.0 came out, but were not retroactively adjusted accordingly.

Some maps should be given a look through again and remove any cliff teleports if you can bullet jump or wall run out of.

1 hour ago, Vantooth said:

Not only fall, so many time I bullet jump through what is, visibly, perfectly legit space to go through only to be teleported back...

Jumped too high in the sky? Time to teleport you back to the ground and make you suffer a penalty of unable to act for a second. Don't you dare use bullet jumping as we designed it for next time!

I only wish the "returning" procees would be animated, maybe something like automatic void-dash back to the surface. Not only it would look nice but also helped with orientation in space (knowing where you've been actually teleported).

On 1/28/2017 at 6:22 PM, Heckzu said:

Why? If you fell out of the map, that's your own fault and you shouldn't be given rewarded for making mistakes. Spawning before entirely loading is out of one's control, but falling is entirely the player's fault.

To play devils advocate there are several such areas that are clearly not out of the map but reset you anyway. Jumping too high straight up in a couple maps reset you, while in other maps bullet jumping straight up is fine (on the mars outdoor Tileset there are a couple spots this can happen). On the Grineer gallion there is a long room with a pit in it where you can not even jump but merely slide over one of the graphics and get reset while you can jump higher in every other part of the same room. On several other tiles you can literally see a floor below you that looks like you could drop to but turns out is "out of bounds" even though the drop is far less than many other drops in the game that are just fine to drop into.

I'd agree with your post 100% if DE didn't have many problems with resetting players that never really fell out of anything or it certainly didn't look like they should be reset

Another issue I have with being teleported back is not so much the 1-2 seconds of you getting your footing back but if you have any abilities active when you go into the reset zone they are dispelled.  I've died as Trinity multiple times from a stupid reset zone turning my Link ability off because reasons.