The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It's Raining Samples... Since when?

Cirayu

7 minutes ago, ViS4GE said:

-snip-

It's so amazing what you can do with a few boosters and some macros. Guess you spammed slide attack hard for 20 minutes while the rest avoided the afk-tag.

Challenging and fun gameplay! The way it's meant to be played. Boosters and (semi-)afk macros, I can already see the glorious future ahead of us.

1 hour ago, xcynderx said:

oh believe me i know...but DE's PR is getting worse and worse with bad decisions.....

First Primed Regen (they WERE mucking with the code...why not just do what players are asking for hmm) and now to NOT increase mutagen sample drops just because it would tick off those players that got it the "hard" way.....

they finally upped Oxium drops after years of complaints...so why not do the same for Mutagen? or even better make it an infested only drop...lord knows they only have 2 areas for it to drop anyways....I'm not a fan of doing Eris OR the derelict...I enjoy the build up..not starting from high and getting insane :P

Why does your post have nothing to do with mine?

8 minutes ago, Helljack84 said:

It's so amazing what you can do with a few boosters and some macros. Guess you spammed slide attack hard for 20 minutes while the rest avoided the afk-tag.

Challenging and fun gameplay! The way it's meant to be played. Boosters and (semi-)afk macros, I can already see the glorious future ahead of us.

Yes I spammed slide attack with Hydroid tentacles (thats why I had 10 melee kills), all while being semi afk. You are correct and DE is wrong. I had to afk because I was taking my Origami classes, getting prepared for origami tournament.

I'm surely going to win !

bbfad7eadce5ccf7cbacdd13c1fe86d6.jpg

Edited by ViS4GE

19 minutes ago, chaotea said:

Why does your post have nothing to do with mine?

just pointing out the mistakes DE is doing....and that they and their CMs are warning their customers for getting angry at their bad design decisions...that is why they 'updated' their profanity clause so as to fight back against self censoring like using symbols

my following two paragraphs were part of the topic.

all in all stuff that can be ignored and taken with a grain of salt..

1 hour ago, The_Doc said:

Balancing resource costs around the largest stockpiles players have only pushes those with less stuff away, not to mention it ruins resource balance for all other items: how many neurodes and cells do players have after power-farming the derelict? Those other resources got devalued just because of the Hema... 1 single item. It's also a pretty unfair tactic considering people may want to prepare for the future, spend time and money (boosters) to farm X resource, only to have a new item cost a lot more X because all that gameplay made it less valuable in DE's eyes.
There are better ways to make players spend excess resources.

+1 This is one of the key point to why the HEMA research cost is a bad choice. Seems like DE's whole 2016 focus was about "how to deplete stockpiling" (monitoring of player's ducats availability?). The missing point is that those who generally have huge stockpiles are usually vets that have play countless hours.

• How will new players catches up if the requirement uses vets as standards?
  • How can a game punishes its player base for PLAYING the game? (my option to not gaining resources is NOT playing the game)

When I started in 2014 (and now have almost 4000h), the climb was manageable. Now, I am afraid for new players who started in 2017. (Opinion) The game has slip into its "true" Free-2-Play nature.

SideNote: I like to apologize for all those on PS4. Since my treasure troves from putting in 4000h in about 2 years has lead all of you to suffering. Blame it on me. I (the player) is totally at fault for enjoying the game up to this point.  

Edited by (PS4)A_SimpleName

16 minutes ago, xcynderx said:

just pointing out the mistakes DE is doing....and that they and their CMs are warning their customers for getting angry at their bad design decisions...that is why they 'updated' their profanity clause so as to fight back against self censoring like using symbols

my following two paragraphs were part of the topic.

all in all stuff that can be ignored and taken with a grain of salt..

All i was doing was making the OP aware of the new Guidelines so his post didnt get taken down. Didnt need you to start a new topic on it. Still, if its tin foil hat time, i suppose i can reply.

Firstly, they didnt 'update' anything. They updated it. Seeing as they've been using the same guidelines since warframe launched, i think they were over-due an update.

Secondly, self censoring with symbols isnt censoring. Its like calling someone a grass-hole. You may not technically have been swearing, but the point still comes across. Self censoring is not swearing in the first place, which is a good thing.

Thirdly, The dont want you getting angry at their design decisions, but they dont need you to agree with them. Instead they want calm, collected and accurate feedback so they can correct issues. Dont forget that compared to many games, DE have been very responsive to feedback and changed so many things to better the experience. Sure, some things dont work when they come out, but its worth baring in mind that DE's development style with warframe is very different than most companies. They release stuff, we test it, give feedback, and they change things.

As someone who works in a design industry, let me tell you that sometimes you make bad decisions. This is because as someone working on it you are often to close to the project to see what would otherwise seem like an obvious mistake.

On the other stuff you talked about:

Primed Regen is fine. Im a major sentinel user, and if i loose my sentinel, i just get on with it. Primed Regen helps, but sentinels arnt exactly a critical part of the game.

Not increasing mutagen sample drops "just because it would tick off those players that got it the "hard" way" is a falsehood. They said they wouldnt reduce the Hema cost because of that factor, but the reason they didnt increase drop rates is because the rate they were going to change it to turned out to be present in the void.

Increasing Oxium drops "after years of complaints" seems an odd choice of words, as ive not seen anyone farming oxium for ages. Even so they likely increased it because its no longer the rare resource it used to be within the game.

Why not do the same for Mutagen? Mutagen is easier to farm as it drops from an 2 entire sectors, not just 1 enemy.

"I'm not a fan of doing Eris OR the derelict...I enjoy the build up..not starting from high and getting insane". Basically, you want an easy difficulty you can breeze through. And if they did add it to infested, that would water down the drop tables.

Now, the systems they put in place arnt perfect, but abit of patience on our end is necessary. The need two things before they commit to changes. Time and data. Time, as it takes a long time to change things in the game. Data, as they need to balance any decisions for the whole game. Increasing the drop rate for mutagens would effect every other weapon that needs them. It effects so much more than one weapon. So alittle patience and understanding goes along way.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)A_SimpleName said:

+1 This is one of the key point to why the HEMA research cost is a bad choice. Seems like DE's whole 2016 focus was about "how to deplete stockpiling" (monitoring of player's ducats availability?). The missing point is that those who generally have huge stockpiles are usually vets that have play countless hours.

Yes, i agree with the observation, though i dont believe it was in any way a malicious decision. I believe the high costs were part of DE's attempts to give existing long term players something new to strive for. Considering how the in-game economy of resources works, its understandable that balancing between newer and older players is going to be hard. Hopefully they learn from this and can make a more balanced approach for later.

3 minutes ago, chaotea said:

-snip-

yeah, true to it all.

back on topic so as to not derail this more than it has :P

so basically they want us to run derelict missions over and over and over to get mutagen samples...and if we do not conform to the 'farming' setup, then it will take forever for even SMALL clans that only have one..maybe 2 players active in in to get the resources needed...whereas the large clans will still take forever even with 10-20% of their group farming for the samples.

It's "raining" samples since... never ever.

What a silly thing for Steve to say.

He says these goofy things without carefully choosing his words, which only makes more stress for him as the community rightly points out how goofy they are. I wish he'd realize he could really save himself an ulcer by just thinking about [insert topic] for a while so that he has a few solid thoughts ready to go when the questions arrive.

5 hours ago, ViS4GE said:

Yes it is, if you know how to make it rain. 20 waves ODD.

How do you do that?

I tried 2 nekros,speed nova,hydroid and 2 nekros, sonar banshee, hydroid teams.

I've never got 200ish mut sample unless i went around 30 waves.

I'm not using booster btw.

Edited by DinendalMinyatur

3 hours ago, DinendalMinyatur said:

How do you do that?

Meta squad is a good start, without boosters you better like ODD/S a lot cause you'll spend a lot of time there.

1 hour ago, Helljack84 said:

Meta squad is a good start, without boosters you better like ODD/S a lot cause you'll spend a lot of time there.

And then there's the crowd that's like "It's not pay to win!"

Sure, it's not pay to win, but it's definitely "pay to not claw your eyeballs out from boredom." (And tbh I like my eyeballs, so keeping them is definitely a "win" in my book :P )

2 minutes ago, Helljack84 said:

You'll also feel the "rain" much better.

Yup, I'll sure be able to feel the "rain" if I stare at the derelict's ceiling for a few hundred hours, and let it collect in my empty eye sockets. I might get as much as a thimble-full of rain in all that time!

4 minutes ago, Jackviator said:

Yup, I'll sure be able to feel the "rain" if I stare at the derelict's ceiling for a few hundred hours, and let it collect in my empty eye sockets. I might get as much as a thimble-full of rain in all that time!

Nah, probably just some nano spores and a sore neck. 

9 hours ago, ViS4GE said:

Yes it is, if you know how to make it rain. 20 waves ODD.

Uh-huh.

And now make that rain fill up a hole 50,000 (or better, 500,000) deep. Hell, even 15,000 solo/duo is still hell. 

I think by this point we know that small clans with the help of boosters can, after some tedious grinding, collect enough to fund that research. Which, mind you, still does not justify it. DE ended the year 2016 with a giant flop that was Hema, and that, unfortunately, is a fact regardless of what hopeless white knights like you say.

Also, 

Spoiler

tJ4bHwt.png

14 hours ago, DinendalMinyatur said:

How do you do that?

In 20 waves ODD you get 80-120 samples when you have none of the two boosters and no smeeta. You can only get over 250 samples in 20 waves with both boosters (drop chance, double drop). And a smeeta kitty will also help. He "somehow" forgot to mention it when he placed his bragscreenshot

You really do not need 2 nekros. One nekros with more than 200% range and despoil is all you need. I did lots of testing on this one. If anything then bring 2 pilfering hydroids with small range to cover the stairs left and right separately. Then a speed nova and you will blaze through a boring defense quite quickly. Even with this setup drop rates do differ vastly. 

Here is the guide I made a while back. Some people may disagree but it helped me farming my 5000 mutagen samples without a burnout. 

Edited by k05h

15 hours ago, xcynderx said:

yeah, true to it all.

back on topic so as to not derail this more than it has :P

so basically they want us to run derelict missions over and over and over to get mutagen samples...and if we do not conform to the 'farming' setup, then it will take forever for even SMALL clans that only have one..maybe 2 players active in in to get the resources needed...whereas the large clans will still take forever even with 10-20% of their group farming for the samples.

Yea, its taking a while. It does depend on clan participation. Someone was saying that if every member of a full clan gives 100 samples, then it would be done. Still, i dont see it as an issue that there is this big goal to work towards with your clan. My own clan is getting through about 1k a week.

58 minutes ago, chaotea said:

Someone was saying that if every member of a full clan gives 100 samples, then it would be done.

As a matter of fact, it's 500 samples per every player slot your clan has, assuming 100% participation. So Ghost clans with 10 people slots need 5,000 and you work your way up from that. 

I'd really like to see a chart of how many Mountain (150,000 samples) and Moon (500,000 samples) clans have completed this ridiculous research...

48 minutes ago, Reifnir said:

I'd really like to see a chart of how many Mountain (150,000 samples) and Moon (500,000 samples) clans have completed this ridiculous research...

Half a million samples is actually a reason to never have a moon clan or to immediatly size down. It is a full time job to whip 1000 members into delivering their mutagen tribute to their overlord.

I guess we will not see any metrics about this topic on a devstream because it would show the obvious. Casual clans without a slave driver overlord will have not chance of researching this weapon. 

On 1/30/2017 at 5:32 AM, deepwaterrosebud said:

I's be careful asking for increased drop rates or we might end up mutagen samples in the reward rotations or sorties

That's funny as hell. And sad at the same time.

Shame on anyone who actually bought Hema with real money.

Edited by DEATHLOK

The truth is in pictures

cllqVkJ.jpg

STEW6A7.jpg

NVnJEjj.jpg

So you can see here that i spent 50min in axi endless infested survival.

-Desecrate on Nekros was active all the time and another teammate also played as Nekros.

-I had 2x resource booster active

-End reward 11 mutagen s

I dont know how i got uneven number of mutagen s. cause of 2x resource booster but you can see that stats match.

2 hours ago, Reifnir said:

As a matter of fact, it's 500 samples per every player slot your clan has, assuming 100% participation. So Ghost clans with 10 people slots need 5,000 and you work your way up from that. 

Yea, thats abit much. Im not sure ive ever had 100 samples.