The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

LUA Rescue is nuts

Banser

1 hour ago, Bizzaro21 said:

not really, as you must check in portal to roll a terminal out, and nope, I did solo and got 4 terminals, tried DUO and also got 4, it doesnt change, which is good tbh, given that all squads get the same time regardless of player count

and I did, first opens up in that time, second takes like 5, there is a way around the doors, but it takes almost the same time to go through...

I only had 3 solo, but 5 in a 4 player, so i dunno. I do think that the timers shouldnt activate as soon as door opens, but straight away if you get seen. Give stealth a chance.

10 minutes ago, chaotea said:

I only had 3 solo, but 5 in a 4 player, so i dunno. I do think that the timers shouldnt activate as soon as door opens, but straight away if you get seen. Give stealth a chance.

that ofc is the best way to solve it, I was just discussing the number of terminals :P

I can complete this mission with ordis, but they really don't give enough time. It should have about 15-30 seconds more than a regular rescue mission. Even with Ordis this mission can be a little annoying to finish in time. Especially if hacking isn't going your way right away. 

People keep talking about shortcuts. Yes, there are shortcuts in this mission and in all rescue missions. But you still have to start the timer before you can even make use of those shortcuts. And even if you are really good, it can still be cutting it close if you don't get the right room right away. I've never had it take more than three tries, but I have had it take three tries. And on solo that can be a little annoying. 

Personally I dislike the modifier of rescue sortie to begin with how it makes you cheese with air support or just brute force your way through. What happened to the point of stealthing our way through the jail to rescue, when we literally cannot get into the area without starting the countdown? Unless I am missing something, all shortcuts are only available after you have gone through the very first, main door of a rescue sortie. In my opinion rescue sorties should have something else to make them harder. Right now the way they are set up, they are basically designed for brute force prisoner extractions and nothing else. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

1 hour ago, Helljack84 said:

Of course, makes sense. One guy rushes ahead and instant fails because pushing one button to be invisible is hard.

So he's too inept and can't complete the mission on his own, he needs his team to carry him because he can't hack or push one button on his keyboard.

And because he can't do it alone he rushes ahead and fails his entire team, which is to blame for this...yeah I get it.

Guess you're one of these guys xD

Good day to you sir. I hope you will always get good teams so you can get carried show off your skills.

He cant open the door alone, can he?

The design itself of Moon Rescue is - while much more frustrating - fine. The thing that ruines everything is the extremely low amount of time you get in sorties. And then to add to that there is tons of hacking, two slow-opening doors and the need for team coordination. There is almost no way to complete that in the mere ~50 seconds you are given.

Indeed like most are already suggesting, simply giving us more time would fix most of the issues. Something like ~80 seconds at minimum would do. There are some other things that could use some QoL tweaks, like the two slow-opening doors and the large amounts of hacking, but those would be more low-priority in comparison to the low time in sorties.

Now Moon Spy on the other hand, i find those missions to be among the worst missions I have ever had the misfortune of playing through...