Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plat spending suggestion

Sarge_Tarmus

Question

Three days ago, I managed to sell some prime parts and BP's from the ,,Fire an Ice" unvaulting. In result, I earned 320 platinum. An now, I do not know, what should I buy for this. A primed (vaulted or not) frame or weapon?

To avoid useless replies, I built all Orbiter segments upgrades, my primed frames are Saryn and Ash, and weapons are Nikana and Latron. Please, do not suggest any melee weaponry.

15 answers to this question

Getting various Primes and mods (Rivens come to mind) could be a good place to start, as could be cosmetics if you want such things. I personally Wallet Warrior most Prime Accesses so I don't have any need to buy primes. Failing all those, buying slots and potatoes is always a good idea. 

Slots and cosmetics(syadanas, armor sets and colors).

Don't buy Rivens. Ppl will ask too much for them and its not required. Rivens are better when you have large arsenal and want to have fun with older weapons

Potatoes are not a bad choice if you want to use warframe or weapon in higher lvl missions and don't have any left from alerts or invasions.

Slots, and maybe an armor/syandana set (something that goes well with multiple frames), potentially a color palette, and if you already have those, buy a nice skin for a frame you like to use (or a primed version of a frame you like to use).

Loki Prime looks really cool, and was vaulted recently, so if you want and can afford him, you should probably buy him sooner rather than later.

30 minutes ago, Tomppak said:

Slots, and maybe an armor/syandana set (something that goes well with multiple frames), potentially a color palette, and if you already have those, buy a nice skin for a frame you like to use (or a primed version of a frame you like to use).

Loki Prime looks really cool, and was vaulted recently, so if you want and can afford him, you should probably buy him sooner rather than later.

I'm good with trading. But I bought deluxe skin for Excalibur, Hunhow's gift and some other cosmetics 3 months ago.

First, let me apologize for not seeing this thread earlier so I could tell you to ignore the inevitable "slots, potatoes, and color palettes only" posters before they flooded your thread.  Sure, you need this stuff, but as you advance in the game, you'll be able to pay for this stuff as needed with your pocket change if you keep selling.  For now, set aside about 80 to 100p for a rainy day.  

Now here's some helpful advice:  

1.  Look through your prime parts inventory.  See if there's any weapons or frames that you really want, are close to completing, and have no relics for.  Spend some plat finishing those sets.

2.  What frames or weapons do you play normally?  Is there a prime or other special version? Buy it in trade chat.

3.  Buy one of the difficult to obtain weapons or frames from the market and save yourself a ton of grinding.  Ivara, Equinox, Mesa or Atlas are all good choices.  Make sure you wait until you have a 50% off coupon from your daily login reward.

On 2.02.2017 at 1:46 AM, (XB1)ThermalStone said:

First, let me apologize for not seeing this thread earlier so I could tell you to ignore the inevitable "slots, potatoes, and color palettes only" posters before they flooded your thread.  Sure, you need this stuff, but as you advance in the game, you'll be able to pay for this stuff as needed with your pocket change if you keep selling.  For now, set aside about 80 to 100p for a rainy day.  

Now here's some helpful advice:  

1.  Look through your prime parts inventory.  See if there's any weapons or frames that you really want, are close to completing, and have no relics for.  Spend some plat finishing those sets.

2.  What frames or weapons do you play normally?  Is there a prime or other special version? Buy it in trade chat.

3.  Buy one of the difficult to obtain weapons or frames from the market and save yourself a ton of grinding.  Ivara, Equinox, Mesa or Atlas are all good choices.  Make sure you wait until you have a 50% off coupon from your daily login reward.

Thanks!

1. For now, I'm really big fan of Grineer ranged weaponry. My only primed weapon is Nikana, but I do not need SaH (Slow-As-Hell) Galatine, or something similar.

2. Heh, Excalibur Prime is for founders. Inaros Prime does not exist.

3. I'm sure, but I heard a lot of really good things about MEsa, so maybe...

What most ppl said (except the guy who recommends buying credits for plat ... disregard that advice) 

Best color palette is tenno, no contest. If you want to have just one, there's the one. 

Cosmetics are up to personal taste. Personally I like pakal syndana (yea, expensive one is unsurprisingly best) but salyx looks great too. (Ivara's cloak)

Of armor I prefer Eos prime from baro. (I have most cosmetics available in game)

Oh one more advise; get primed sets that are dirt cheap now; trinity is around 40p, volt 50p. Fragor 40p, Galatine 45p, there are few others.