Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ivara's Pointless Alert Arrow

Queen_Crimson

Ivara is a wonderful warframe, and I use her often. But, I have to say that her alert arrow is almost useless and is just a waste of space to have. While the idea seemed interesting, distracting enemies, there's really no point in a mission to do that when you can just walk up to it while invisible, sleep arrow it, or just kill it. It would be nice if that arrow was replaced with something that actually did anything, as the alert arrow is only ever going to actually be usable in a spy mission (although you can simply stealth by invisibly or stun them, so what's the point?). Perhaps we can add to the great support role Ivara plays by making the arrow heal targets, or give a shield, or anything better than "Look over there for 3 seconds"?

Edit: I'm talking about the noise arrow, not the sleep arrow being useless.

Edited by Queen_Crimson

It's great for Riven challenges like x headshots in one aim glide.

It keeps Combas and Scrambuses from zooming around corners.

It destroys enemy AI in Interception.

it's not as useless as you think.

EDIT:

Just now, Trichouette said:

Some people actually found a lot of use for this arrow, like making the game even more boring (interception with all the enemies sleeping in one bunch)

I do agree that Noise Arrow Interception is literally the most boring thing to do in this game, but it's effective at least.

Edited by Inarticulate

2 minutes ago, Inarticulate said:

I do agree that Noise Arrow Interception is literally the most boring thing to do in this game, but it's effective at least.

Well it's at least a bit more pushed than "hello i'm playing banshee, show me where the center of the map is. Oh it's here ? Okay then" *press 4*

9 minutes ago, Queen_Crimson said:

the alert arrow is only ever going to actually be usable in a spy mission

You already gave a possible use for it. Not every power (and this is just 1/4 of a whole power) has to be applicable in every game. Niche abilities are fine.

1 minute ago, Trichouette said:

Well it's at least a bit more pushed than "hello i'm playing banshee, show me where the center of the map is. Oh it's here ? Okay then" *press 4*

At least with Banshee I can go eat a sandwich or make a pizza or something.

With Ivara, I have to actually babysit the enemies because even though Noise Arrow usually destroys their AI permanently, sometimes enemies grow their brains back.

6 minutes ago, Inarticulate said:

With Ivara, I have to actually babysit the enemies because even though Noise Arrow usually destroys their AI permanently, sometimes enemies grow their brains back.

Let's hope Banshee gets a much-needed rework when her Prime comes.

I suppose I never actually tried the noise arrow in stealth missions, but I usually play Ivara for crowd control when we're in a single-room mission. At that point the enemies are already attacking things.

1 minute ago, Queen_Crimson said:

I suppose I never actually tried the noise arrow in stealth missions, but I usually play Ivara for crowd control when we're in a single-room mission. At that point the enemies are already attacking things.

I still have no idea how such things can exist in a game... I mean, an arrow that cost close to no energy and put asleep all enemies in a quite huge area.

If she had healing power that would be even worse.

Just now, Trichouette said:

I still have no idea how such things can exist in a game... I mean, an arrow that cost close to no energy and put asleep all enemies in a quite huge area.

If she had healing power that would be even worse.

I'd say she's balanced by the fact that she just may be the squishiest frame in the entire game. 

2 minutes ago, Queen_Crimson said:

Dont touch Banshee or we rage.

As for Ivara, her sleep arrow works as intended, use it to group a bunch of enemies and nail them to the wall with Artemis Bow, or like someone else suggested use a silent Tonkor to help them achieve spaceflight.

1 minute ago, Queen_Crimson said:

I'd say she's balanced by the fact that she just may be the squishiest frame in the entire game. 

I thought the same, then I figured "hey... How comes she has 3 invisibility abilities ?" and we all know that invisibility + CC = pretty much unkillable.

And that CC = everything can be done

1 minute ago, John89brensen said:

Dont touch Banshee or we rage.

You can rage all you want, she will get reworked eventually.

DE don't like "press X to win" (even though they encourage it)

4 minutes ago, Queen_Crimson said:

For some reason a lot of you guys are thinking I'm talking about her sleep arrow. 

I'm talking about her noise one.

I think he just did a typo... and meant noise instead of sleep

And as we say, the sleep arrow has uses, but only in stealth missions. (which is indeed pretty much useless, but not fully)

edit

or maybe not :p

3 minutes ago, John89brensen said:

Funny cuz it was DE's augment that made Banshee press 4 to win. So just rework the augment if that is the problem

That's why I said "encourage it"

And even without it, it's still "press 4 and go get a coffee"

Edited by Trichouette

12 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

And even without it, it's still "press 4 and go get a coffee"

Without the augment she is still "press 4 and go get a coffee"????

I take it you dont use Banshee, ever. Otherwise you would know that her 4th, without the augment, is the best way to get killed in the game. 

Also Banshee has several specific builds, Quake is just one of them, and its not compatible with other, more fun, builds, like Savage Banshee.

Edited by John89brensen

46 minutes ago, Queen_Crimson said:

Ivara is a wonderful warframe, and I use her often. But, I have to say that her alert arrow is almost useless and is just a waste of space to have. While the idea seemed interesting, distracting enemies, there's really no point in a mission to do that when you can just walk up to it while invisible, sleep arrow it, or just kill it. It would be nice if that arrow was replaced with something that actually did anything, as the alert arrow is only ever going to actually be usable in a spy mission (although you can simply stealth by invisibly or stun them, so what's the point?). Perhaps we can add to the great support role Ivara plays by making the arrow heal targets, or give a shield, or anything better than "Look over there for 3 seconds"?

Edit: I'm talking about the noise arrow, not the sleep arrow being useless.

idk what your saying, i use it in spy to gather large groups then kill all with one talon explosion, i remain undetected and get pure stealth affinity bonuses

Just now, Sannidor said:

I only wish it would work all the time. It does not. No hope for fixing, there are more important glitches with higher priority. 

Ivara works as intended. Quiver allows you to tackle situations with a wide range of options. Not all her abilities need to works 100% of the time.

The only broken thing about Ivara is her augment.

2 minutes ago, Sannidor said:

I only wish it would work all the time. It does not. No hope for fixing, there are more important glitches with higher priority. 

The only time I've had Noise Arrow not work (excluding situations where it's supposed to not work) is when using it on enemies that are already affected by Noise Arrow. Sometimes, they just stay put and won't go to the new location.

Other than that, I've had no troubles with Noise Arrow's consistency.

10 hours ago, Inarticulate said:

With Ivara, I have to actually babysit the enemies because....

so what your saying is you'd rather go do laundry(example... you did say or something) than actually play the game

2 minutes ago, Moysa said:

so what your saying is you'd rather go do laundry(example... you did say or something) than actually play the game

Sometimes, the most effective strategy just means babysitting brain-dead Grineer. Laundry is definitely more interesting, but ultimately less rewarding unless I've run out of clean clothes.

That said, I don't particularly enjoy Interception in general. (Everyone's got a least favorite game mode, and this is mine.) Between babysitting brain-dead Grineer and herding a couple hundred cats with guns, I'll take the brain-dead Grineer, thanks.

Also, the novelty that strategies like this actually work hasn't yet worn off on me.

10 hours ago, John89brensen said:

Without the augment she is still "press 4 and go get a coffee"????

Despite this being a thread about Ivara and not banshee: With maxed range she gets 50 on the initial cast, which is the cap on it's range. Even if the augment goes over this, you can still cover 4 interception nodes from the center of a map (usually you cover a whole tile).

Back on topic:
Since Ivara's Noise Arrow is a) a fourth of that ability and the stars are probably cloak and sleep and b) seems to have it's applicance leaves me to say that this skill is in a positive place.

If it requires a nerf is another question.