Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Longsword Idle Stance.

Restartmind111

Hey everyone! Just a minute ago i was playing a mission with War equipped and i decided to stop for a brief moment to just, you know, look at the weapon itself, its design, the colors and how they look on it, some of the light effects and the weapon's idle stance, which is this one: 

Then i just stopped moving and tried to move the mouse camera in some directions, so i'd have a closer look at how the sword was positioned, how the warframe was holding it, and well, the animation that happens when you are not moving as well. 

They all look great, the time i've been using War, besides for being a deadly and cool looking sword, it's also because of the lore behind it. Though i'd like to praise the War a bit more, i'm writing this post to simply suggest the inclusion of a new longsword idle stance, so players would have more options to choose from and well, fashion frame :cool:.

Longswords are not the only type of melee weapons that i'd like to see getting new idle stances, but i'll just keep the spotlight on these for now. 

So, here are some possible examples that i googled and i think they could look nice in-game. Of course, i do not own any of them, just wanted to clear this out.

Well, hope i made myself clear enough. I'd like to read what you guys think about this, and as for me, i'll just keep playing the game, 'cause dude...Warframe is amazing! 

22 hours ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

The last one is ridiculous and makes no sense physically speaking, but I like the idea. 

It's Berserk. Of course it's not going to make sense from a physical standpoint. :P

Anyhow, like the ideas OP. It would make heavy blades feel even more awesome than they already are. All I'm worried about is the potential for clipping on the larger frames, like Rhino, Frost and Atlas.

I think they did that to avoid issues, specially with clipping. I mean, with the sword looking upwards always it's easier to manage for all the array of Warframes we have.

TBH, I don't really see a reason to get it changed.

On 3/2/2017 at 7:58 PM, Marine027 said:

I do actualy belive that one Warframe stance/animaiton witha heavy sword has such in it, can't remember which thou.

You sure you're not confused with Wukong's Idle?
rDqlvpS.gif

Edited by NightmareT12

7 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

I think they did that to avoid issues, specially with clipping. I mean, with the sword looking upwards always it's easier to manage for all the array of Warframes we have.

TBH, I don't really see a reason to get it changed.

You sure you're not confused with Wukong's Idle?
rDqlvpS.gif

No i am sure it was one if you have a heavy weapon equipped. But to many stances to check them all each one in the simularium or so.