Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void/Derlict Parkour Courses

OkamiA

Today I did something I feel pretty good about; I was doing a vault run when I stumbled upon one of the Deralict Parkour courses. Thing is: I was running the Hobbled Key, the one that slows you down when you equip it. I was the only one around, so I figured "Eh, I'll give it a shot: I enjoy these." And I stepped on the pressure plate to activate the switch. Now, I was playing mobility queen Zephyr, and to my surprise I was able to actually finish the course before the door at the end closed.

And that got me thinking: The Parkour rooms are wonderful. I love playing them, even though they are clearly designed for the old style of movement that entailed Wall Running rather then dashing. If you have enough skill or the right frame, not even something like the Hobbled Key can keep you from completing them. Yet there is no real reason to do these side rooms other then the sake of some rare mods you might find in the containers in them.

I was wondering what people would think of adding rewards to these areas? A set of new, good mods that can only be gotten from doing the courses? A guaranteed chance, or perhaps a high chance to find an Ayatan, sitting on a pedestal like at the end of the Maroo's bazaar missions? Give one a reason to dash through these beautiful rooms more then once a week. Perhaps even more courses, modeled to challenge players in new ways. So far the only reason people venture into the void anymore is to fight Vor and hunt for those Argon crystals. Hell, a guaranteed Argon Crystal Pegamite would be enough to run the courses,

What other rewards could be added to the Parkour rooms to make them worth returning to? Hell, to make the Void itself worth returning to beyond just Vor and crystallized noble gasses.

Well, the Void parkour courses have several containers in them. These containters already have a high chance of dropping mods, including many rare ones. I farmed these things a lot when I was new and it paid off very nicely. It still does. For longtime players they obviously have all the rare mods that Void has to offer, but for new players it's an incentive to do them as much as possible and thereby practicing on how to parkour without relying on Zephyr, Wukong or other cheese methods.

Their Derelict counterparts on the other hand, these offer nothing worthwhile. Just common/uncommon resources. These need buffing in the reward department.

The problem is adding in better rewards before revamping the rooms. As you said they were designed before Parkour 2.0 and offer no challenge anymore these days. And that's not even looking at frame powers that let you trivialize them.

Maybe add a set of parkour abilities to the operator and make it an operator-only challenge, dunno.

2 hours ago, Snib said:

The problem is adding in better rewards before revamping the rooms. As you said they were designed before Parkour 2.0 and offer no challenge anymore these days. And that's not even looking at frame powers that let you trivialize them.

Maybe add a set of parkour abilities to the operator and make it an operator-only challenge, dunno.

Ooo, I like that idea. The Oporator does all the bullet-jumping parkour stuff while controlling the warframes, so they know how to do these abilities. The thing that limits them (as far as I can tell) is their physical limitations-- it would be sweet to see the operators do these things on their own!