Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do you split up during sortie spy missions?

2Peter3Nine

Question

Well don't.

If everyone goes to the same data vault, then someone will be able save the mission if you die in the vault.

Every time i've joined a random spy mission, they always split up.

That can save time yes, but if any one guy fails, we all fail.

I'm also tired of seeing non-stealth frames in spy missions.

Yeah, sure, this one is a infested spy mission, but believe it or not,

not getting noticed is better than getting noticed, even if the infested can't purposely set off alarms.

Edited by General_Durandal

I enjoy spy missions and I always run sortie spy in public. Most of the time there two kinds of players and the mission goes smooth and quick:

1. Those who know spies inside out and tend to split
2. Those who know it's not their cup of tea and keep out of vaults.

There is rare 3rd kind of players who think they can manage but fail - be it pressure of time, blocked passage they didn't expect or extra guard that wasn't there before. In that is the case going together to the same vault hardly helps because you can't rush with ciphers to save the day. If they tripped the alarm too soon it is fail anyway. But hopefully they will learn for next time.

Also important note: if you run any sortie in public you either go there to carry others or expect to be carried. If you expect to go to public and get full group of skilled and geared people with synergy between frames then you are doing it wrong.

On the other hand if you can do it solo then you can as well help others. All you lose is few minutes if the mission fails. If you don't want the risk don't run public :)

Tried running public spy sorties not too long after I finished The War Within quest and unlocked sorties.

Just a few public spy sorties made believe that it should be done solo. The amount of idiots are inconceivable. A waste of time when they keep barging into the vault and can't get the data before they are purged. Most likely those that rely on brute strength and ciphers, but ciphers aren't allowed in sorties. Guess they didn't get the memo.

1 hour ago, PierceSG said:

Tried running public spy sorties not too long after I finished The War Within quest and unlocked sorties.

Just a few public spy sorties made believe that it should be done solo. The amount of idiots are inconceivable. A waste of time when they keep barging into the vault and can't get the data before they are purged. Most likely those that rely on brute strength and ciphers, but ciphers aren't allowed in sorties. Guess they didn't get the memo.

Not really directed at you though I did quote you, but:

Most of the issues with public spies could be avoid by simply typing out "Please stay out of the vaults if you aren't 100% sure you can solve it". With luck, you've got one or two skilled people in the group and you solve the vault quicker. Without luck, you'll have to solve all the three vaults alone... But on the other hand, having 3 people watch you do it doesn't make it take any longer, so why not help others while you're at it?

53 minutes ago, Tomppak said:

having 3 people watch you do it doesn't make it take any longer, so why not help others while you're at it?

Provided that all three understand English, none of them has groundless confidence in his abilities and doesn't decide to troll you on a whim.

Which kinda limits the "please wait for me while I crack the vaults for you" to friend/clanmate groups unless you enjoy it when someone ridicules your efforts. 

Edited by Reifnir

11 hours ago, Tomppak said:

As to the different paths in vaults: Every vault has a path or a way that is ALWAYS open, despite some parts of the vaults being random. Learn these. For example, the Grineer vault with the conveyor belts has a guaranteed easy way in - to the left from the start is a fan that you can't shoot, but you can shoot a red barrel behind it (those move on the conveyor belt) to destroy the fan. Get in, hop over the laser field that's on top of the belt, and shoot another red barrel next to a fan on the wall on the right. Go in, drop in, and you're in the vault - with literally no real chances for messing it up. The grineer can't see you, there's just one easily avoidable laser field, no regulators, no hacking, etc. Learn paths like these.As to the OP: 

No kidding. As I mentioned in another thread on spy missions, I don't blow stuff up because I'm worried about being heard. I'll have to experiment more. 

14 hours ago, Tomppak said:

Not really directed at you though I did quote you, but:

Most of the issues with public spies could be avoid by simply typing out "Please stay out of the vaults if you aren't 100% sure you can solve it". With luck, you've got one or two skilled people in the group and you solve the vault quicker. Without luck, you'll have to solve all the three vaults alone... But on the other hand, having 3 people watch you do it doesn't make it take any longer, so why not help others while you're at it?

What Reifnir said below. I've tried communicating with said players. They either do not understand English, or they are just trolls, wasting peoples' time as enjoyment.

13 hours ago, Reifnir said:

Provided that all three understand English, none of them has groundless confidence in his abilities and doesn't decide to troll you on a whim.

Which kinda limits the "please wait for me while I crack the vaults for you" to friend/clanmate groups unless you enjoy it when someone ridicules your efforts. 

On 2/7/2017 at 6:05 AM, General_Durandal said:

Well don't.

If everyone goes to the same data vault, then someone will be able save the mission if you die in the vault.

Every time i've joined a random spy mission, they always split up.

That can save time yes, but if any one guy fails, we all fail.

I'm also tired of seeing non-stealth frames in spy missions.

Yeah, sure, this one is a infested spy mission, but believe it or not,

not getting noticed is better than getting noticed, even if the infested can't purposely set off alarms.

I would much rather solo them. Lua spys are horrible in pug groups... Majority of players can not do them, so i just solo them.

EVEN when you tell players to not go ahead... unless they are certain they can solve them, they leeroy jenkins it.

Edited by Krhymez

1 hour ago, PierceSG said:

What Reifnir said below. I've tried communicating with said players. They either do not understand English, or they are just trolls, wasting peoples' time as enjoyment.

... Okay.

I have to say that I have never, to my knowledge, encountered anyone who'd just troll me in a spy. Someone not understanding English may be a valid point, but again: Generally those who do sorties, know to either 1. How to deal with the vault or 2. Stay out of the vault if they don't. Case in point: Just last time, in Lua Vault, I ran with randoms. I completed one of the vaults, another one completed the second, and a third one got stuck, and told us he didn't know how to complete it - so I ran there and did it. Still, it was quicker than doing all three alone.

Obviously, your experiences may vary, but my opinion is that even if someone messes up your vault run every now and then, it's more time efficient to give them a try in public. I think the biggest problem may be people who are overconfident in their ability/haven't done sortie spies earlier, but as said earlier - If the party can't complete it on the first try, then I'll do it solo. However, the times I've failed a sortie spy with public are pretty few and far in between. I'm kinda sorry if you've had worse experiences, but from what I've seen, your examples are rare cases, far from the norm.

As a point to the OP - Split up. If you don't want to take the chance that someone messes the vaults up, do them solo. If you are willing to give the pubs a chance, you need to give them a bit of trust. If you are unsure of your own skills and think that you might be the one to slip up, either practice in solo, or let others do the vault. I really don't see the benefit of staying as a group (except for the one dude who doesn't have his own vault, who could give back up to one of the others).

Edited by Tomppak

"Do spy mission solo". Seriously? What kind of advice is that even? Warframe is a team co-op game and you tell people to go solo? Why? What kind of a teamplayer are you? If things go hard or risky you prefer to ditch the teamplay? Well good job, you can be proud of yourself...

I always go on Spy missions public. And no, in 90% cases I have no problems with vaults at all.

I don't mind people who don't know how spy vaults work and fail the mission. I'm not affraid of failure and imo it does create the chance for those people to learn about their mistakes and wait or ask for help the next time they go in.

Also, keep in mind that in most cases people who join sortie missions are there to get the reward, not to troll you, so if they fail, it's usually due to lack of experience.

As for the split/stay together part... whatever suits you best. I've been in many teams where we either kept together, or in groups of 2 or decided to split entirely with 1 person running around and killing mobs.

Your 90% of times of it not being an issue, is about the same amount of time when I'm doing them public theres an issue with someone in some vault.  Sortie mission, or even a non-sortie spy, where the people who are playing just end up running into the vault with someone already there and set off the alarms or just set off the alarms because they do not know it. Not knowledgeable on the vault or trolling. Many times have spy missions turned into exterminates because of it or in the event of sorties, it failing and wasting time. Team game or not, I trust other tenno to do their job and if they do not feel confident they can finish it, then ask for help or not attempt it and wait for someone else to come by to do it, none of the times has anyone ever asked for help that I can recall.

You may not have ran into people trolling on spy missions, but it can be very prevalent where people end up re-running the mission after finishing the sorties themselves, claim to be farming focus points (because possible eximus stronghold modifier) and fail the vaults on purpose. Ran into more than you may think of these types of people. Same goes for radiation modifier where people purposely get you downed in a vault or near a vault and refuse to revive you.

Playing Warframe in Solo mode is there for a reason as well, and there is nothing wrong with suggesting it. If you do not wish to waste time in certain missions for the chances of it failing from others, you're better off doing it solo. There is nothing wrong with it. I would prefer everyone who is doing spy missions to know what they need to do for the vault, but I don't expect it of everyone. In the same breath, I would rather not spend an extra 5 minutes to re-do a mission as I could have spent that time doing the next sortie mission or running an alert, invasion, or anything else that further increase credits, mods, etc.

I solo with one other clan mate well my only clan mate lol anyways we solo it as we don't trust others to do their job. Even moon just do the easy route i don't understand why you guys keep doing it the long hard way sure its the path they show you but if you do it the easy way no dumb patterns to follow.

Not sure why everyone is so anti-pub. In my experience, only one out of three sortie spys fails (and even that is a stretch). So, using mad math skills, due to being able to theoretically complete a pub spy 3x faster, it is considerably more efficient to run public in the long run even counting fails. 

If I do these its usually as a duo or solo, and thats specifically cause I still have issues with corpus hacks in particular after all this time. I just suck at them as I have hand twitches which just get gradually worse as the time ticks down, cause Ill start to panic while Im sucking at it LOL Rather that happen alone or with a friend that understands and wont have an emo-rage fit about it.

if in a group, try to split up, one person does the vault, while the others are standing by defending and ready to rush in if the alarms triggered, and non stealth frames is only an opinion, sure they turn invisable, but nezha has a better teleport, limbo can riftwalk, trinity can stun certain enemies for up to about 20 secs, vaubon has bastille, atlas has petrify etc.