Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Still waiting for mutagen sample drop "buff"

SolarDwagon

3 minutes ago, Hemmo67 said:

odd speed nova, 4 napalm ogrises with viral dmg, 2 hydroid full power and nekros

I don't see what the ogris is for, unless it's bugged that anything killed by it drops samples. Otherwise, I've tried something like this before with a hydroid, 2 nekros, and a speed nova and I got 25 samples for 20 waves

Just now, LabMan95 said:

I don't see what the ogris is for, unless it's bugged that anything killed by it drops samples. Otherwise, I've tried something like this before with a hydroid, 2 nekros, and a speed nova and I got 25 samples for 20 waves

firstly ogris is backup if hydroids run out of energy (2 nekros is useless because both cannot desecrate same body) with 2 hydroids u can kill enemies faster and benefit from the augment. propably should have added bring tons of pizzas but isn't that kinda the obvious thing everyone knows?

3 minutes ago, Hemmo67 said:

firstly ogris is backup if hydroids run out of energy (2 nekros is useless because both cannot desecrate same body) with 2 hydroids u can kill enemies faster and benefit from the augment. propably should have added bring tons of pizzas but isn't that kinda the obvious thing everyone knows?

No, people do not know this. I explained the one Nekros thing every time I ran ODD. I explained 2 hydroids every time I ran ODD. The same goes for how to mod speed nova, how to mod Nekros with despoil and max range, how to mod hydroid and why they have to spam tentaciles. Most wf content does not require a special farm setup. 

The majority of the "farmers" I met were non-vets (10-15). They lacked the mods or the frames for a task like this. But they wanted to do this for their clans. And not all clans are lead by vets. Therefore the kind of meta squad you describe is hard to find.

From my experience even with a good meta squad 500 samples per hour is the exception. Rng does make its way into the drop rates. I have seen 20 waves giving 60 samples and 20 waves giving 130 samples with the same squad. That is why I tried to run 20 waves only. Just to even out the rng and of course to keep it chilled. 

I had not thought of Ogris with napalm. I used the zarr quite often but with the expected consequences of regular suicides ;)

With this information I will update my farm guide. Much appreciated.

18 minutes ago, Hemmo67 said:

What kind of plebian Hydro runs out of energy in ODD? Failing to kill enemies with tentaclespam should start around wave 18, which is why you can just restart your run afterwards. Only enemies killed that are grabbed drop additional loot (sadly this makes it incompatible with Atlas).

While this setup is the optimum, it comes quite short with roughly 50 drops/20 waves (without boosters).
The cost alone isn't what makes it so bad, it is that it's just a monotous, tedious grind.

19 minutes ago, ScribbleClash said:

What kind of plebian Hydro runs out of energy in ODD? Failing to kill enemies with tentaclespam should start around wave 18, which is why you can just restart your run afterwards. Only enemies killed that are grabbed drop additional loot (sadly this makes it incompatible with Atlas).

While this setup is the optimum, it comes quite short with roughly 50 drops/20 waves (without boosters).
The cost alone isn't what makes it so bad, it is that it's just a monotous, tedious grind.

tediousness and monotousness isn't my problem i only presented a solution to those who complain about the high cost

either u do it and be happy or don't and shut your mouth (meaning the research don't get the wrong idea)

13 minutes ago, Hemmo67 said:

tediousness and monotousness isn't my problem i only presented a solution to those who complain about the high cost

either u do it and be happy or don't and shut your mouth (meaning the research don't get the wrong idea)

what you seem to not get is that this is a GAME first and foremost. if I have to treat any part of a game as work then it's no longer a game.

6 minutes ago, ProfessorLitmus said:

what you seem to not get is that this is a GAME first and foremost. if I have to treat any part of a game as work then it's no longer a game.

that's your problem take a break for couple days and return it's what i do

2 hours ago, KYLoooo said:

If it takes you 60 Hours for 500 Mutagen Samples then you are doing something wrong.

If you've got together a clan filled to max capacity with ONLY veterans that are ALL ready and willing to farm RIGHT NOW... you are not running a clan. you are running a business

4 minutes ago, Jakorak said:

If you've got together a clan filled to max capacity with ONLY veterans that are ALL ready and willing to farm RIGHT NOW... you are not running a clan. you are running a business

Yup. A strict, dull, boring and cut-throat business. Not a game, not an entertainment.

21 minutes ago, jmthebigman said:

they already did it, hence the problem...

They didnt 'already do it' as the cost to make the gun is realy high compared to usual clan weapons. The whole reason they wont, and shouldnt, increase the drop rates for mutigen samples is that it would make getting other infested clan research trivial. What im saying is they should lower the cost of it, and offer a special clan statue for any clan that invested enough to unlock it already.

1 hour ago, chaotea said:

They didnt 'already do it' as the cost to make the gun is realy high compared to usual clan weapons. The whole reason they wont, and shouldnt, increase the drop rates for mutigen samples is that it would make getting other infested clan research trivial. What im saying is they should lower the cost of it, and offer a special clan statue for any clan that invested enough to unlock it already.

same system for all weapons just checked.

A buff to samples' drop rate won't solve the problem of an insane research requirement.

5000 samples for Hema will still be insane when compared to 65 for Synapse.

Only reducing that price to 70 (with every other research material made to be in-line with previous research) will solve the problem.

One can point out, that would cause a new problem of the dreaded ''slap to the face to those who farmed it''.

But:

1) it's irrelevant to the sanity of research requirements

2) I don't think there will be too many players who will get offended by that more than there were players offended by ''raining mutagen'' and ''a few runs with Nekros''

3) With the history of nerfs and price cuts... "Slaps to the face'' like that are already old news and pretty much expected.

Just look at the most recent: Kuva cost cap, Faint Riven nerf, Ayatan endo extraction fee waiving.

There are quite a lot of ways to make clan research donation count.

Basing resource requirements on the stockpiles of people with 1000+ hours of play time not only builds a grind wall to new players, it devaluates that 1000+ play time as well.

Because you are supposed to farm like a man possessed, but not before you have something to spend the farmed resources on. Or you risk that the price for the new thing will be set to twice the amount of resources you got from a year of playing the game.

11 hours ago, Flirk2 said:

A buff to samples' drop rate won't solve the problem of an insane research requirement.

5000 samples for Hema will still be insane when compared to 65 for Synapse.

Plus it would make researching the synapse a cakewalk for new clans.

11 hours ago, Flirk2 said:

One can point out, that would cause a new problem of the dreaded ''slap to the face to those who farmed it''.

I dont think it would be an issue if you made it sort of like a 'retroactive clan competition'. Give clans that re-seached it already a big gold statue, those that got 2/3rds of the way a silver statue and those that got 1/2 way a bronze.

• 1 month later...

I am getting sick and tired of people always defending Digital Extremes. Our voiced need to be heard and we need to fight over capitalism. If we just be quiet about this whole situation then things are going to get worse. if people have nothing constructive to say about the situation then they should be quiet as they are not helpful.  

5 minutes ago, ExplosiveNova22 said:

and we need to fight over capitalism

No, we really don't.

While I might disagree with some of the methods DE have used to encourage players to spend money, no sane person should be questioning their need to actually have an income that supports the game.

2 hours ago, ChuckMaverick said:

No, we really don't.

While I might disagree with some of the methods DE have used to encourage players to spend money, no sane person should be questioning their need to actually have an income that supports the game.

He didn't question anything, he just disagreed like you did.