Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Still waiting for mutagen sample drop "buff"

SolarDwagon

16 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

So he agrees DE should earn an income, but wants us to fight against it anyway?

There's a thing called fair trade.

Every company needs income but not every customer has the same standard. Everything is cheap for rich people so it must be cheap for all of humanity too?

I believe every 'sane' person questions when they think the products are overpriced or the services being unfair. If no one questions anything, no company in this world goes bankrupt, right? It's not an I/O question.

Edited by Volinus7

5 minutes ago, Volinus7 said:

There's a thing called fair trade.

Every company needs income but not every customer has the same standard.

I believe every 'sane' person questions when they think the products are overpriced or the services being unfair. If no one questions anything, no company in this world goes bankrupt, right? It's not an I/O question.

And I don't believe I disagreed with any of that in my post, so what's your point?

3 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

And I don't believe I disagreed with any of that in my post, so what's your point?

To answer this

22 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

With 'yes' I think.

3 minutes ago, Volinus7 said:
7 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

To answer this

26 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

With 'yes' I think.

You seem to be interpreting my post differently than I intended, the "it" refers to DE earning an income, not any particular method.

As I said, I disagree with some of DE's decisions on how to encourage player spending, but I don't question their need for an income or tell people "we need to fight over capitalism". What's the alternative? DE adopt a communist business model?

23 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

You seem to be interpreting my post differently than I intended, the "it" refers to DE earning an income, not any particular method.

As I said, I disagree with some of DE's decisions on how to encourage player spending, but I don't question their need for an income or tell people "we need to fight over capitalism". What's the alternative? DE adopt a communist business model?

I didn't see where he talked about DE's income. Maybe he talked about in game difference between clans? You just tied real money with his 'capitalism' on your own, didn't you?

I saw threads about distribution of ignis w bp that's pretty communism vs capitalism same goes for Hema distribution it has nothing to do with incentivising people to pay for DE's income even it's related.

Edited by Volinus7

11 minutes ago, Volinus7 said:

I didn't see where he talked about DE's income. Maybe he talked about in game difference between clans? You just tied real money with his 'capitalism' on your own, didn't you?

Well, the full context was...

"I am getting sick and tired of people always defending Digital Extremes. Our voiced need to be heard and we need to fight over capitalism."

I don't see how people defending DE could be accused of capitalism for that, so the only logical conclusion is that he was referring to DE's 'capitalist' activities.

How else would you interpret it?

I'm MR 21, and when the Hema dropped into Dojo research, I had accrued a grand total of about 1000 Mutagen Samples to my name. This was across my entire playthrough of the game, without spending any of it on Mutagen Mass. Meanwhile, I have something like ~8000 Fieldron Samples and Detonite Ampules each. I think there definitely is a drop rate issue with Mutagen Samples, on top of the material being somewhat more difficult to obtain naturally than other faction resources, since it is generally farmable only on two locations, Eris and Orokin Derelict, the latter of which is also resource-gated, whereas the others are each found on 6 different, much more common locations.

Technically, this means I've completed my "share" of Hema research, but I'm in a one-man Ghost clan, so I have to accumulate about 4500 more Mutagen Samples before I can even consider getting the blueprint. I don't think that's a reasonable amount of time to dedicate for a single weapon, especially if DE is planning on implementing similarly expensive research in the future (which they kinda did with Polymer-hungry Stims already), so I'd appreciate a drop rate buff to the resource.

To a larger extent, I don't think any single item should have their cost scaled around the resource hoards of veterans, who have accumulated them over years' worth of play, because it just shuts out newer players, and ends up not really addressing resource inflation at all because it's just a one-time payment. If DE truly wants players to avoid hoarding too many resources, they should either generalize Argon decay to apply to every resource (e.g. by having them decompose over time or the like), or implement smaller, infinitely appliable resource sinks that everyone has the incentive to contribute, such as by having players pay an entry fee to participate in some kind of ongoing event or the like.

On 14-3-2017 at 2:31 AM, imoneoldfart said:

I am, I do not think they should change the drop ratre or teh cost, just to teach people to stop whining and accept what they get. It is fine as it is.

Yet people calculated you need an average of 60 hours per player to get enough for the research...

Thats not raining...

On 14/03/2017 at 1:31 AM, imoneoldfart said:

I am, I do not think they should change the drop ratre or teh cost, just to teach people to stop whining and accept what they get. It is fine as it is.

"what we get" = a weapon whose costs are far out of line with both existing clantech research and with resource availability (26.8k detonite, 21.4k fieldron and 2.8k mutagen - this is over four years of gameplay)? Why should I accept that? Farming mutagens requires explicit organisation (since they don't drop in the starchart, you have to go out and organise dedicated farming groups) and is explicitly not fun. If I'm going to do boring things for hours upon hours straight, I'll do actual work which gives me actual money.

3 hours ago, imoneoldfart said:

And it gives me and my friends something to do every now and than while waiting for a new quest.

Nah. I see new quest as a bonus for players who stayed and still playing the game.
There are plenty of other better things to do than trying to fulfil this unreasonable resource cost. Either solo or with friends.
Things like:

• Doing Sortie
  • Farming Relics
  • Farming Kuva
  • Doing Fissures
  • Doing Syndicate missions and collecting Medallions
  • Doing Invasions
  • Leveling and forma-ing new contents
  • Trying/testing out different builds in Simulacrum
  • Fashion frame

Just not wasting time and effort on this unreasonable Hema research cost which is a mistake.

19 minutes ago, Ditto132 said:

Nah. I see new quest as a bonus for players who stayed and still playing the game.
There are plenty of other better things to do than trying to fulfil this unreasonable resource cost. Either solo or with friends.
Things like:

• Doing Sortie
  • Farming Relics
  • Farming Kuva
  • Doing Fissures
  • Doing Invasions
  • Fashion frame

Just not wasting time and effort on this unreasonable Hema research cost which is a mistake.

And nearly ALL of that can be done while you, wait for it, farm for the Hema. Did you know that, I bet not.

17 minutes ago, Ditto132 said:

Things like:

• Doing Sortie
  • Farming Relics
  • Farming Kuva
  • Doing Fissures
  • Doing Invasions
  • Fashion frame

How about to do something for a Clan?

53 minutes ago, imoneoldfart said:

And nearly ALL of that can be done while you, wait for it, farm for the Hema. Did you know that, I bet not.

Really? So I can do all these while farming for the Hema:

• Doing Sortie
  • Farming Kuva
  • Doing Fissures
  • Doing Invasions
51 minutes ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

How about to do something for a Clan?

So farming for Mutagen Samples is more important than doing all of those listed for players who don't have as much time?
Anyway, I have been contributing to my Clan that I started, of course I am doing something for my Clan. Just to let you know.

28 minutes ago, Ditto132 said:

So farming for Mutagen Samples is more important than doing all of those listed for players who don't have as much time?
Anyway, I have been contributing to my Clan that I started, of course I am doing something for my Clan. Just to let you know.

Just reminder, to let u sometimes check which resources in Inventory u r missing to not be surprised when another "huge" amount of resource will be needed for research.

13 minutes ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

Just reminder, to let u sometimes check which resources in Inventory u r missing to not be surprised when another "huge" amount of resource will be needed for research.

Just a reminder that it was precisely because some players had large stockpiles of mutagen samples that the research requirements were set so ridiculously high.

If everyone farms resources so as to "not be surprised", the next resource costs will be even higher.

46 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

Just a reminder that it was precisely because some players had large stockpiles of mutagen samples that the research requirements were set so ridiculously high.

If everyone farms resources so as to "not be surprised", the next resource costs will be even higher.

They will be higher, no matters if prefarm or not, Fieldron Samples and Detonite Injectors, players will have no problems with them even if the cost will be 3x higher then MS, we both know why and it's not only about their drop rate.

Edit: But in these days, after the first Clan event, it's no more about the amount of resources but about Efficiency and Clan management, because 100% Efficiency will be 100% Efficiency every time and everywhere.

Edited by (PS4)Onder6099

It was really lovely when the event nodes had the odd drop rate. But outside that, there's no good place to accumulate mutagen samples. Derelicts have absolute crap outside vaults, which are somewhat exclusive with endlesses, and Derelict endlesses have some of the worst drop tables in the game. Either gives us more reasons to go to the Derelict, or buff the Eris drop rate to be at least competitive with ODD, if not actually equivalent.