Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New sounds causing ear fatigue

NezuHimeSama

This happened when CSGO updated the rifle sounds, several of the guns were causing ear fatigue for me due to the lack of crisp treble and abundance of muffled bass.

Braton easily has it worse than anything in CSGO though. I really hope this isn't what the game is going to sound like in a year, I'd have to turn the sound off. Can we get some options for those of us who haven't blasted our ears off with horrible bass amplification yet?

Woops, wrong subsection. Can someone please move this to sound?

Edited by NezuHimeSama

You know PCs come with audio mixers built in right? Sound is so customizable that DE doesn't really need to do anything on their end. Try adjusting your sound settings before complaining to the sound team that your ears hurt.

And if your complaining about it your obviously playing at too loud a volume.

3 hours ago, Rhundis said:

You know PCs come with audio mixers built in right? Sound is so customizable that DE doesn't really need to do anything on their end. Try adjusting your sound settings before complaining to the sound team that your ears hurt.

And if your complaining about it your obviously playing at too loud a volume.

Change PC's audio mixer setup which changes sound for EVERYTHING in the machine so that ONE weapon sound in one game wouldn't feel weird to my ears?

55 minutes ago, Tulipunahapero said:

Change PC's audio mixer setup which changes sound for EVERYTHING in the machine so that ONE weapon sound in one game wouldn't feel weird to my ears?

Uh, well you could. Or you could adjust it via whatever app is running. My current rig has 3 or 4 different sound profiles set up to change the sound balance of certain pitches depending on what app or game I'm running. Takes some work to set up but worth it in the long run so you don't have to keep adjusting.

I listen to music while playing games. I'd rather not completely hollow out the bass just because the sound effects of a couple of games have far, far too much bass with no crispness or kick.

Why should only bass-heads who've blown their own ears out from blasting loud rap music be able to enjoy multiple audio sources? If you like bass, you can turn that up, rather than forcing people who value clarity to ruin the overall audio experience to account for one very poorly designed set of sounds.

Also, volume is not a solution, as balance is the issue in the first place. Loud or quiet, the ear strain is the same, unless the volume is so low that the overemphasis on bass is balanced by ambient sound, at which point audibility of the sound in question is going to be problematic.

1 hour ago, NezuHimeSama said:

Why should only bass-heads who've blown their own ears out from blasting loud rap music be able to enjoy multiple audio sources?

You're looking a lot less sympathetic when you take a suggestion and somehow spin it into an insult, like this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10.2.2017 at 7:18 PM, Rhundis said:

My current rig has 3 or 4 different sound profiles set up to change the sound balance of certain pitches depending on what app or game I'm running. Takes some work to set up but worth it in the long run so you don't have to keep adjusting.

What do you use for that? Because that's definitely not a native feature in Win7.