The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Conclave fans love the alerts DE keep making more ;P

(PSN)Xx-Ribbium-xX

I liked this one as well. Yeah I'd usually have more deaths even than the guys that AFK, but I enjoyed not having the stun-locks and knockdowns. The two times I got a double kill with one shot were pretty sweet as well.

Edited by Maicael

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Xx-Ribbium-xX said:

Exclusive rewards yes. You don't need to play conclave if you don't like it 

There are exclusive rewards in this event, so if I want to have it, I have to play it.

That's the point of the complaints.

But it seems you'll never understand that. Typical.

No exclusive reward = I play if I want.

Exclusive reward = I have to play if I want.

Understood ?

Edited by Chewarette

6 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

There are exclusive rewards in this event, so if I want to have it, I have to play it.

Maybe they should just remove exclusive rewards from all events then. All players should just play the events for fun then. We don't really need more Wraith/Vandal weapons anyway.

Edited by Maicael

6 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

Understood ?

Not my problem if you're compelled to play something because an exclusive reward is available. Again if I don't want to play something I won't regardless of the reward but whatever clearly you don't have free will or something 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Xx-Ribbium-xX said:

Nah man people wouldn't even play half of the game if they don't have an incentive to play it. Just look at the kuva fortress and the void now

Yeah, I know. I'd just like to see the reactions of people playing a really long or difficult PvE event and finding out there's no rewards.

Maybe a Stratos emblem.

24 minutes ago, Maicael said:

Maybe they should just remove exclusive rewards from all events then. All players should just play the events for fun then. We don't really need more Wraith/Vandal weapons anyway.

We always need more content this is the thing that keeps Warframe alive even if it is "only" a Vandal Weapon 

21 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

Understood ?

The exclusive rewards are cosmetics.

You don't need the rewards, you want them but don't want to leave your comfort zone to get them.

DE should alternate more between event types at least. like make sure there is a PvE event between each PvP event to not overload people. But next to that they really should make more in the future. though not spam it like this and instead make sure there are plenty of PvE events as well.

And to those who are "forced" into PvP. The reward is a cosmetic FFS. Your brain wants the shiny, it does not NEED the shiny. You are forcing yourself more then DE is.

33 minutes ago, (PS4)Xx-Ribbium-xX said:

I'm looking forward to having this event on console and I'm looking forward to seeing more rewards like this in the future.

i personally would like weapon skins and Warframe skins as a reward but that's my opinion 

Yes, indeed. Once these alerts die down I'd love for the Conclave team to shift their attention to new weapon skins and maybe a new syandana or two that work on the same principle as the Celestial one. 

But what's the harm in having multiple avenues for the same rewards? The game has always been a PvE focused game; PvP was added more as an afterthought. All DE are doing is annoying the majority of the community when they could just add the event as an option for either. Purely cosmetic stuff should be available in both PvP and PvE. Why not just have PvP modes for Stratos emblems and stuff too?

Not to mention, the reverse argument doesn't really exist. You can't really join a game that is immensely squad-focused and complain that there's too much PvE-only content. That's like playing Halo for the PvP modes but complaining that it doesn't have any storyline unless you play the campaign

9 minutes ago, Airwolfen said:

The reward is a cosmetic FFS. Your brain wants the shiny, it does not NEED the shiny. You are forcing yourself more then DE is.

^^ Pretty much this!

I am kinda neutral to the whole conclave ordeal myself. I don't love it, but I don't hate it either. I play pvp from time to time and these kinds of events are here to stay as it seems and I'm all up for that

1 minute ago, Xarteros said:

But what's the harm in having multiple avenues for the same rewards? 

The harm is that is DE is trying to get people to play more Conclave, since it's here to stay, having an "alternate PvE road" to get those would mean absolutely no people would play Conclave and we'd be back to square one.

14 minutes ago, Autongnosis said:

The harm is that is DE is trying to get people to play more Conclave, since it's here to stay, having an "alternate PvE road" to get those would mean absolutely no people would play Conclave and we'd be back to square one.

If DE want more people to like conclave, they should endeavour to make the game mode fun and enticing, rather than bulldoze all the avid-collectors/completionists into it.

What they are doing is making people hate conclave even more, which means if they DO add more improvements to conclave, less players are going to be willing to try it at all.

Plus, the Conclave fanatics are using these events as opportunities to gloat, and it's definitely not fostering a fun environment that promotes PvP gameplay.

It's not helping.

Edit: The argument always boils down to "Hurr durr it's just a cosmetic you're dumb shut up and quit warframe" in basically all similar conversations. It's more civil than that here, for the moment, but it's what it normally becomes. Yes. It's a cosmetic. A cosmetic that half the game is centred around. People don't call it FashionFrame for no reason, it's become a huge part of the game. Go kill things, but look GOOD doing so. Decorate your ship, your dog, your dojo, your frame, and even your operator. Dangly weapon ornaments, colourful syandanas, stylish armour. It all has appeal, and huge amounts of people are compelled to collect things, especially cosmetics. That's why so many people are annoyed. People aren't going to be un-annoyed just because you belittle their desire to collect all the cosmetics they can, particularly ones advertised clearly in limited-time events. Particularly events as short-spanning as this. Particularly events in a fringe game mode that most players have never played with any real intent. PvP is the only thing the general populace hates more than Archwing, and Archwing doesn't get unique cosmetics (or not noticeable enough to remember).

I respect people for liking PvP. Same as with those scant few who actually like Archwing. If you like it, hey, that's great. More diversity means more possible things you might enjoy. If I had a clan in my country that could all play without 300+ ping, and if clan-only games could actually earn Conclave Standing, I'd probably play for fun. What I don't respect is people belittling others for what they enjoy.

Edited by Xarteros

1 hour ago, AizenIchi said:

Conclave-Events are a thing we have to live with. Slowly I start to realize this, but I hope DE doesn't forget the PvE-Events.

Really? PvE has a 4 day event, Conclave gets a 1 day event.

Seems DE still favors PvE.

As for exclusive item, i enjoy these. I would like to have Warframes and weapons that you can only earn via Conclave.... Just like 99% of all frames and weapons only earned via PvE

12 minutes ago, Krhymez said:

As for exclusive item, i enjoy these. I would like to have Warframes and weapons that you can only earn via Conclave.... Just like 99% of all frames and weapons only earned via PvE

Well, Conclave is a Syndicate, so in due time, it will probably have a weapon or two and it's own Warframe acquired via Quest. Though for Quest I'm picturing a PvE quest that forces the player into PvP loadouts, that way it can't be cheesed and you actually require skills honed in the Conclave to beat it.

1 hour ago, Krhymez said:

Really? PvE has a 4 day event, Conclave gets a 1 day event.

Seems DE still favors PvE.

I mean the frequency of these PvP-Events. We got 4 (2x Snowday S.) Conclave-Events in a row. If I remenber correctly Snowday S. had 2 days per reward. There were 8 rewards in total. That would mean 16 days of PvP-Event. Quick Steel had also 2 days per reward. Also 3 rewards = 6 days. The PvP-Event yesterday only lasted one day because this was a special day (Valentine's Day). 

Don't get me wrong, I like the rewards, they are worth playing conclave. But I'd like to see a better distribution of both event types.

4 hours ago, Maicael said:

That's a PvE game. Nobody ever downloaded Warframe saying "that's gonna be a hell of a great PvP game !".

Rewards for events are ok. But not 100%-exclusive rewards you cannot get from any other way.

Some examples as you people seem to have some problems with the term "EXCLUSIVE" or Unique :

- Quick Steel part 2/3 : Orokin Reactor/Catalyst. THIS IS NOT EXCLUSIVE, LIKE, AT ALL.

- Quick Steel part 1+3/3 : Sigil + Liset decoration you'll never ever have from any other way (cannot be traded, bought, or obtained anywhere else. You missed it ? too bad).

- Valentine's Conclave : Liset decoration you'll never ever have from any other way

- Argon Scopes, Maiming Strikes, Vandal/Wraith weapons : Available via Invasions, trading. You can get them without playing these events if those are boring to you.

See the point or you're still stuck on the "you don't have to, nobody points a gun at your face" nonsense ? Hell, DE could put tons of other rewards to these events, even a 5k platinum rewards, as long as it is not exclusive, there isn't any problem (and yeah it will draw a lot of people to try out Conclave, with a much less hassle as this is obtainable through other means).

Edited by Chewarette