The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tennogen for consoles is a thing, but what about non-Steam PC?

HyokaChan

20 minutes ago, DoUrdenAzazel said:

Because you can't trade stuff on console for plat ? I don't know that is why I ask. I know on pc some never bought any plat and just made their plat by trading so even console users don't have discounts, you can make yourself some plat by trading...

Edit : I just read that sometimes console users do have some discounts : "So no holiday deals where they can get...what is it... 30% off platinum?" "Not every time" 

So I guess you do have discounts :p

Even if you trade for plat on consoles that 250 plat in your pocket will have the exact same value monetarily as someone who just bought 250 plat with cash the vast majority of the time.
Meanwhile on the PC if you trade for plat you don't know if you traded from someone that paid full price or only a quarter of the price.
Simple fact is that the value of a set number of plat on PC varies way, way, way more than the value of a set number of plat does on consoles.
If DE would still be paying the creators that could lead to quite a few problems and DE potentially losing money or the creators getting way less money.  Which would drive creators away from tennogen...

Further: They don't always have the plat discounts for holidays, its never as big as what the PC can get nor anywhere near as often, and I believe that the Sony/Microsoft drive some of those discounts not just DE.

Edited by Tsukinoki

2 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

But it is the case. I don't buy plat because I can trade for it. Trading plat probably loses as many sales as it causes.

It was paied for one way or another and one of the players took it out of circulation with a market purchase. Now the person who traded away plat has to buy more plat for trades or trade with another who makes them buy more plat. All trading goes down to someone who bought that plat to trade. Now, no telling if that inital plat was 75% off or the over inflated no discount price which more than makes up for various discount sales.

DEs inital cost was in designing and implementing. Then they can sell it indefinitely. The last thing DE is doing is losing money from trading. There are traders who horde plat as well effectivly taking it out of the trade pool. Hyper inflated rare mods from limited events that drives hundreds of thousands of plat, and it all had to be bought somehow.

Pretty sure you cant trade with reward plat from streams, which would be the only plat introduced without purchase. Would be the only case of lost sales.

7 hours ago, Temragon said:

You don't even have to play through steam. Just link your account to a steam account.

False. You can use Tennogen items on standalone, but they don't show up in the market unless you log in through Steam. Meaning you have to log in through Steam to buy them.

Which means you have to keep two versions of the game up to date if you want to buy them, if (like me) you prefer standalone.

Edited by Corvid

51 minutes ago, Corvid said:

False. You can use Tennogen items on standalone, but they don't show up in the market unless you log in through Steam. Meaning you have to log in through Steam to buy them.

Which means you have to keep two versions of the game up to date if you want to buy them, if (like me) you prefer standalone.

Corvid is correct. I also prefer standalone client, but I have Steam one just for viewing/buying tennogen.

2 hours ago, Corvid said:

1 hour ago, DatDarkOne said:

Corvid is correct. I also prefer standalone client, but I have Steam one just for viewing/buying tennogen.

I stand corrected. Well, whatever floats your boat then. Workshop is a steam feature and they can't offer Workshop Tennogen on PC because we get plat discounts, so..