Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Loki or Volt?

mosaickle

Question

As a casual player, I really don't have time to level up multiple Warframes at the same time and I'd rather stay with one and 'get good' at them. Volt seems to be more useful in more situations but I prefer Loki's playstyle more. My main 'issue' with Loki is that apparently he's susceptible to enemy AoE damage in teamplay situations when fighting a boss or whatnot. My main 'issue' with Volt is that his gameplay (to me, totally a personal opinion and preference thing) just isn't as intriguing to me, like he's almost too straightforward, got some chain lighting, has the ability to GOTTA GO FAST and has a situational shield and an AoE damage ability that other Warframes have (though with some different CCs but you get the idea).

I mean if I were to main Loki (which I'm leaning to right now) I guess I can 'avoid' damage altogether? Like even though teamplay is a thing, I often don't like to approach things with my team, I like to be the flanker etc, for example I main jungle on League of Legends (basically a role where flanking is like, 70% to 80% of what you do), basically the guy who likes to take people off guard, which Loki seems to be really good at. But regardless, I still feel like I could be doing the community a favor by playing more uhh, 'team friendly' Warframes, especially now that I like to play on public matchmaking (soooo much more fun)

15 answers to this question

34 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

Hey, if Loki is more fun (and you don't just futz around invisible letting others do the mission's objective), go for it.

Oh....well....uhh.....since Loki's so fast and elusive, especially during spy and sabotage missions....especially in public.....

...I end up being the only one who prioritizes objectives...like others go for kills or damage farming etc whereas I only kill what's in my way and pick up loot when it's convenient to...

Basically I often literally just sprint for the objective marker on the map so yeah lmao

(and switch with random allies when it doesn't matter just for the lulz)

Edited by Atylia

It's super up to you. :D The awesome thing about Warframe is that everything really just boils down to doing what you want.

Volt is pretty amazing, and I prefer him myself. I actually use him more as a support and wide-range lockdown frame, focusing on duration and stuff. Build up a safe zone with shields and use his Discharge ability to stun a massive area of enemies. Good in pretty much any mission type.

Loki is just as good, though. He's incredibly versatile, and you should definitely play him if you like his style. His invisibility makes positioning and avoiding the bulk of damage much easier. His Radial Disarm is really amazing, as it cripples enemy damage and protects not only the squad but any objectives you may need to protect.His invisibility makes melee do crazy damage, and his Decoy + Switch Teleport combo lets him get into really good sniping spots. All around, Loki is an amazing and versatile frame.

My suggestion: get Savior Decoy, or whatever the augment is called. Honestly, once you spend more time in the game and get better at it, you'll get better at avoiding all that damage as Loki and his squishiness won't be as huge of an issue. Savior Decoy makes it so that, if you die while your Decoy is up and within a certain range, he dies instead of you. It's pretty nifty for those "oh S#&$, I died" moments.

18 minutes ago, Atylia said:

I end up being the only one who prioritizes objectives

Heh, good on ya, and believe me, I know the feeling :P

(I was mostly letting off some steam over under-geared Loki leeches in e.g. higher-level Defense / DS Excavation missions.)

Edited by NinjaZeku

As I have said on your other thread... wait...

To me, Volt is just a roadrunner, that's about it. When you play the game long enough, you will understand.

Loki.... when you mastered Loki... wait... AOE damage in team play situation... ain't that happened to all frames when it happened? Loki is not the only frame that can attract damage. 

Ok... Loki... when you mastered Loki, you will know how yo evade damage etc... and you can go survival for years non-stop even after warframe is no more.

Depends on your play style. I enjoying playing both, but my Volt Prime is more used than my Loki. With high duration, range and his discharge ability augment, volt makes an amazing crowd control support frame. He can keep enemies still and provide over shields (more shields) for you and your group. A lot of people use him for his speed ability, hence the "roadrunner" joke.

Also I just thought of this; If you're choosing between regular Volt and Loki, go Loki. But, if you ever get your hands on a Volt Prime, take him, use him, love him. My reason for this is that Loki and Loki Prime only have a difference in energy count, but Volt and Volt Prime have a difference of a lot more armor and power. Regular Volt is pretty squishy, he might leave a bad impression on you.

11 hours ago, Atylia said:

As a casual player, I really don't have time to level up multiple Warframes at the same time and I'd rather stay with one and 'get good' at them. Volt seems to be more useful in more situations but I prefer Loki's playstyle more. My main 'issue' with Loki is that apparently he's susceptible to enemy AoE damage in teamplay situations when fighting a boss or whatnot. My main 'issue' with Volt is that his gameplay (to me, totally a personal opinion and preference thing) just isn't as intriguing to me, like he's almost too straightforward, got some chain lighting, has the ability to GOTTA GO FAST and has a situational shield and an AoE damage ability that other Warframes have (though with some different CCs but you get the idea).

I mean if I were to main Loki (which I'm leaning to right now) I guess I can 'avoid' damage altogether? Like even though teamplay is a thing, I often don't like to approach things with my team, I like to be the flanker etc, for example I main jungle on League of Legends (basically a role where flanking is like, 70% to 80% of what you do), basically the guy who likes to take people off guard, which Loki seems to be really good at. But regardless, I still feel like I could be doing the community a favor by playing more uhh, 'team friendly' Warframes, especially now that I like to play on public matchmaking (soooo much more fun)

Does it have to be one of these two?I would recommend Trinity BUT not an EV build. A tank build trinity is both good for a team and solo play.

From what you are saying about being a "flanker", i would say Ash. He has the ability to (with augments) strip armor, invis your team or one shot any enemy during a teleport.  

Add me in game: Krhymez   

I can help you farm some frames for testing.