Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Assault Rifles and Companions

DageWasTaken

Question

9 answers to this question

Soma Prime would be considered the top assault rifle for Primaries by most people.  As Soma Prime is currently vaulted it might be easier for you to get your hands on a regular Soma or Grakata/Prisma Grakata all of which are considered to be very good choices by many.

Akstilleto Prime is considered by most to be the best of the 'ratatatata' Secondaries.  Twin Grakatas is not far behind and easier to obtain if you don't have plat/can't trade for Akstilleto Prime.

As for companions the different varieties of companions all have pros and cons.

Kavat - Pros: buffs you can't get on any other companion that tend to make a solid difference in farming/killing, can revive them...Cons: more fragile then the other types, not much utility outside of buffs

Kubrow - Pros: generally tankier then the other companions, can revive them, some utility from them depending on type of Kubrow and what frame you're using (stealth, damage, etc.)...Cons: not as much utility as others

Sentinels - Pros: excellent utility in Vacuum (if you are someone that enjoys its use) and potentially more depending on what type you use (higher ammo pool from Carrier, stealth from Shade, etc.)...Cons: only source of revives is Regen/Prime Regen which could be a bad thing depending on what you're fighting, if you set up for damage you need another set of mods for the weapon you equip

5 minutes ago, DageWasTaken said:

Quick questions, what are some of the best Assault Rifles in Warframe?

Like the ones that have a nice "ratatatata" sound.

Secondly, what are better companions; the Kubrows, Kavats or Sentinels?

Thanks!

"ratatatata" sound hahaha.... Soma Prime? or Gorgon but the last one is not very popular!

I prefer Kavat 

Edited by (PS4)AleDiorio

Never used the gun myself but I've heard praise here and there of Stradavar's firing sounds, FWIW.

I kinda prefer AoE capability on my Primary, so all I can say is yay Akstiletto Prime / TWO GRAKATA.

Sentinels have ranged attacks (with not least potentially very good status chances),
a nice suite of utility (Vacuum & Medi-Ray FTW), no upkeep nonsense, PSO nostalgia, ... easy win IMO.

I really like the Braton Prime, and with a nice status-Slash-Build it works well even in sorties. Made one for Titania as her ult needs the same mods which makes the Braton good and am using it now very frequently :).

For companions, I could not live without Vacuum anymore ;)

Braton Prime is my favorite as well, and probably my second most used primary (after Drakgoon).

Braton has a very satisfying "takatakataka" (if not really a "ratatatata") sound, looks nice (especially with the older skins, don't really like the roundish new ones), and is a very versatile weapon: It's accurate, and can easily pull off headshots in medium-to-long ranges with controlled bursts or single shots, making it ammo efficient and allowing you to concentrate on the fight (you know, actually aiming instead of just shooting at the general direction of the enemy). On the other hand, it has a very large clip of 75, so nothing actually prevents you from just letting it sing the song and spreading a hail of bullets towards the enemies.

Basically: It's your Marksman's rifle or your light machine gun, depending on how you use it. It has a decent status chance of 20%, and to top it off, it's very easy to acquire, having only common and uncommon parts. (Or you could buy it for like, 20 plats from another player).

As for companions: I recommend [any sentinel] or Smeeta Kavat.
Sentinels, if you don't care about dealing damage and just want them to: Heal you, restore your shields, shield you during revives, slow down enemies around you, pick up loot for you, and some other utility based on which sentinel you chose.
Smeeta Kavat, if you are for a cute/cool pet that can grant you some very, very powerful buffs, but at random times. (of note: Bringing you rare resources, and doubling your resource pick ups for the next 2 minutes, Including Void Traces if you pick up the tenth reactant during that time, or double kuva if you break the kuva thing during the buff).

Edited by Tomppak