Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Veteran friendly matchmaking

Seaspartan118

Every veteran player probably has had this situation:

You are a lvl 20+ player with a good understanding of how the game works and are looking for a good time while farming Lith prime parts. You decide to jump into a match and expect players with a similar skill or at least a similar knowledge of the game. When you arrive you'll notice that the players that you joined are under level 5 and are trying their best to stay alive at the expense of the objective. You are not the saltiest person so you decide to offer some advice on how to stay alive with the help of the abilities of their warframes. However, you'll get ignored so you are guessing they maybe don't speak english. As the mission fails you see them typing "omg / how / wtf / this is so hard".

I don't mean to scold the current state of matchmaking but it could use some improvement or more options for player prefrences.

My idea:

Implement a MR limit for players: A slide that can be set on what rank the other players must be for you to join them. The minimum being 0 and the max being your own lvl. This will mean that players who don't mind playing with lower players can still play with them and new players can discover the game together. 

This will make the game more enjoyable in my idea.

If there are any comments on my idea or any other suggestions on this subject be sure to leave a reply.

This is not meant to offend, but any lith relic you should be able to carry 3 pubs who can't hit the broadside of a bursa with their mk-1 kunai with very little issue.

If you want a solid squad recruit channel is your answer.

Edited by Skaleek

4 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

This is not meant to offend, but any lith relic you should be able to carry 3 pubs who can't hit the broadside of a  bursa with their mk-1 kunai with very little issue.

Is that the Warframe equivalent of the french expression "Rater un éléphant dans un couloir avec un bazooka ? " kinda thing ? If yeah thats awesome

Edited by trunks013

man o man do i ever notice when i have 3 other MR20+ players in my group... so much more fun. i always play with randoms, but when i play sortie or kuva flood... i always cross my fingers and 1 out of 12 times i get lucky at best and have an experienced group.

4 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

This is not meant to offend, but any lith relic you should be able to carry 3 pubs who can't hit the broadside of a bursa with their mk-1 kunai with very little issue.

If you want a solid squad recruit channel is your answer.

I was able to carry them for a while but eventually they would get down and when using a trinity that isn't maxed lvl it will become a lot harder. One of the players was using a maxed Nyx so she would have been able to cc them. However she decided to not use her abilities when they would be effective. And that I would blame on the amount of knowledge of the game and the characters within it. 

2 minutes ago, Seaspartan118 said:

I was able to carry them for a while but eventually they would get down and when using a trinity that isn't maxed lvl it will become a lot harder. One of the players was using a maxed Nyx so she would have been able to cc them. However she decided to not use her abilities when they would be effective. And that I would blame on the amount of knowledge of the game and the characters within it. 

Ah so basically your generosity and kindness got the best of you. At some point, for me personally, i stop rezzing people in favour of completing the mission succesfully (especially in kuva floods).

Two thing i have to say.

1. Today on the rescue sorti I had an MR 22 player who singlehandedly failed the mission. He failed the hack in the chamber where the hostage was 4 TIMES and did not let others to do it and the timer ran out....(tx to that ....from here too) 

2. Drako and Drako 2.0 (Berenya) did exist and still exist. In a month peoples can easily get to mr 22-23. If you ask me MR means nothing today.

(saying this as MR 23 with with 1900+ hours and 3 years of gameplay behind my back.... sadly it have no meaning...)

Solution? 

Don't limit it for MR, Limit it for played time. I give more credit to that.

13 minutes ago, Askell91 said:

Two thing i have to say.

1. Today on the rescue sorti I had an MR 22 player who singlehandedly failed the mission. He failed the hack in the chamber where the hostage was 4 TIMES and did not let others to do it and the timer ran out....(tx to that ....from here too) 

2. Drako and Drako 2.0 (Berenya) did exist and still exist. In a month peoples can easily get to mr 22-23. If you ask me MR means nothing today.

(saying this as MR 23 with with 1900+ hours and 3 years of gameplay behind my back.... sadly it have no meaning...)

Solution? 

Don't limit it for MR, Limit it for played time. I give more credit to that.

I understand the frustration when someone doesn't know how to do the grineer hack properly but you'd have to ask yourself: Who do I see struggling with hacks the most?

and to know about the Draco 2.0 you would either have to stumble onto it or have knowledge of it which will come with time. And lets be honest, you would know a fair bit of warframe if you'd play for a month. 

While hours played would be more accurate it would also be harder to match with and harder to manage youself since players with 1900+ hours could be as good as players with 2500+ hours.

Edited by Seaspartan118

I think that this idea will backfire because most players will probably only want to play with players that are close to their MR, so new and low rank players won't be able to get into public matches and that'll make them think that the game is dead and no one wants to play a dead game. The best choice is probably to just invite people to a group that you know don't need to be carried. 

36 minutes ago, Xionyde134 said:

I think that this idea will backfire because most players will probably only want to play with players that are close to their MR, so new and low rank players won't be able to get into public matches and that'll make them think that the game is dead and no one wants to play a dead game. The best choice is probably to just invite people to a group that you know don't need to be carried. 

Perhaps limiting this option to higher MR players of lets say 15+? Like some sort of league system?

1 hour ago, Seaspartan118 said:

I understand the frustration when someone doesn't know how to do the grineer hack properly but you'd have to ask yourself: Who do I see struggling with hacks the most?

and to know about the Draco 2.0 you would either have to stumble onto it or have knowledge of it which will come with time. And lets be honest, you would know a fair bit of warframe if you'd play for a month. 

While hours played would be more accurate it would also be harder to match with and harder to manage youself since players with 1900+ hours could be as good as players with 2500+ hours.

Simply make a que for -1000 and +1000 ign players. 

(any way you try to diverse the playerbase it will be harder to find matches.. duh.)

1 minute ago, JuicyPop said:

I don't mean to be rude but you should be able to easily carry an entire squad of new players through Lith missions with the relative amount of experience and power at your fingertips as an MR20+.

I probably could've easily carried us but I was also leveling my trin and some freshly forma'd weapons. So carrying was not really an option at the time.

Just now, Seaspartan118 said:

I probably could've easily carried us but I was also leveling my trin and some freshly forma'd weapons. So carrying was not really an option at the time.

And that's why you always carry one weapon that can finish the mission on its own. 

14 minutes ago, JuicyPop said:

And that's why you always carry one weapon that can finish the mission on its own. 

yeah same for me i always bring 1 OP weapon it may be a primary, secondary or melee but come on it's a lith mission i would use the weapons i'm leveling for that and at MR 20 you can put a lot mods on your weapons as well.

Edited by (PS4)bogsters23

Not needed or wanted. Vets are a rather small portion of the game's player base.  Forum users alone account for less than 1% of our player base. Stop trying to put us in separate categories based on false knowledge of supposed skill or time invested.

Edited by (XB1)MrOrionQuestHD
Changed some text

3 hours ago, (Xbox One)MrOrionQuestHD said:

Not needed or wanted. Vets are a rather small portion of the game's player base.  Forum users alone account for less than 1% of our player base. Stop trying to put us in separate categories based on false knowledge of supposed skill or time invested.

Sometimes 1Veteran is more then 1k Newbies and Noobs. Nobody is pushing no one somewhere, problem is that Newbies are pushing themselves on the edge, thanks to that they don't listen, jumping into hard missions unprepared with mention: nvm someone will carry me, without any experience how this and that works, etc. I can write* a book about that, u can trust me.

Edit: *write not read, of course 

Edited by (PS4)Onder6099