Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best 'Color Pallet'?

mosaickle

Question

22 answers to this question

Well if you are able to afford it, Colour Pack Alpha is honestly the best starting point I can ever reccomend. Otherwise if you can pick only one I'd suggest either Ice if you like blues or Fire if red is more your thing. Other than that choice is really up to your prefered colours.

1 hour ago, Runelea said:

Well if you are able to afford it, Colour Pack Alpha is honestly the best starting point I can ever reccomend. Otherwise if you can pick only one I'd suggest either Ice if you like blues or Fire if red is more your thing. Other than that choice is really up to your prefered colours.

Thanks man, helped a lot, got the Ice pack, now I look much better :D

AGayGuyPlays made a excellent full palette overview vid in 2 parts, link is here;

color palettes overview, AGGP

If you wanna dig up -really deep- into fashion frame and color combinations, here is you starting point.

As owner of 12 palettes and guy with a keen eye for color I can recommend few quick choices;

Classic color palette is fair and has you covered in all of major choices. It's good cause it's varied and useful till you get more options /ie. for beginner. And forget "saturated", it's too darn bright and "into your face" - some ppl may like it but I wouldn't advise it.

Tenno - this is color palette made by professionals to paint basic warframes, so it's really, really good. It has all those undertones and shade colors and bright energy colors as well, great selection of greys and off whites which I find essential in most of frame combinations and few nice toned blacks. This is possibly - probably best palette you can get if you must get only one - get this one. 

Further down it's up to you. Personally I love grineer color palette cause of really nice greens and yellows and blues and truly unique pinky-shady greys you won't find anywhere. 

For general flexibility, while not going with Packs then I'd recommend these as they each have a broad array of colors.

Classic Saturated
 Classicsaturated1

Eximus
Eximus

Tenno
 Tenno Color Picker

And then also try to get "1 credit" holiday pallette's when they're offered-

Valentine
 ValentineH

Shamrock
 Shamrock H

Easter
Easter Colors

Halloween
 Halloween Cropped

On 18/02/2017 at 5:17 PM, Atylia said:

Thanks man, helped a lot, got the Ice pack, now I look much better :D

Glad its working out. I've been able to use soley Ice to colour all my frames :3 Some should be white/blue and others a deep 'black'/blue depending. Also those sea greens are so handy.

On 18/02/2017 at 8:51 PM, Rolunde said:

For general flexibility, while not going with Packs then I'd recommend these as they each have a broad array of colors.

Classic Saturated
 Classicsaturated1

Eximus
Eximus

Tenno
 Tenno Color Picker

And then also try to get "1 credit" holiday pallette's when they're offered-

Valentine
 ValentineH

Shamrock
 Shamrock H

Easter