Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Good Weapons for Loki

mosaickle

Question

So now that I'm super into Loki, what sort of weapons should I get for him? I currently still have the MK1 Kunais (though I am leveling up a Magnus) which I'm fine with, except I feel like since Loki's really good at getting 'up close and personal' and does that quite often, I feel like I should prioritize damage rather than range or stealth (as in the noise the weapons make, since his invisibility muffles his weapon damage anyway). I also currently have Braton as my primary but I feel like I can get Hek easily soon and since that's a shotgun with a ton of damage to it, it'd probably suit Loki more than a 'standard' rifle.

Is this 'philosophy' correct? Should I get shotguns and just overall 'higher damage' weapons since I don't 'need' range or accuracy?

15 answers to this question

For stealth frames, you want melee. While stealthed, melee gains additional damage, as long as you are not detected. Outside of that, you're likely going to want silenced weapons, such as throwing knives or a bow. When not stealthed, loki is quite fragile, but I quite enjoyed an Orthos Prime build on him, due to the long range of the Orthos series.

Any bow, Hikou, any dagger with Covert Lethality, any polearm for killing great amount of enemies with a few swings. Also Atterax can be amazing, if you have access to a clan's lab. If you build it with Berserker, Fury and Reach (even better if primed) you can deal an insane amount of damage on a large area!

get hushed invisibilty that is great augment... u can use any wepon and will make it 100% silent... my loki gear is orthos prime... furis with augment for insta heal.. then u dont need life strike on melee...and primary wepon u can use anything u like really....and if u can start farming nramon focus school....

Wait but guys, many of you are recommending silent weapons, but doesn't Loki's invis already grant him weapon silencing anyway? Why would I want silent weapons if he can already silence weapons to a certain extent? Would I want to ignore the silent weapons and focus on damage since the silent advantage would be wasted due to Loki's own innate ability to silence them?

7 hours ago, Magnar21 said:

For stealth frames, you want melee. While stealthed, melee gains additional damage, as long as you are not detected.

Yeah I actually find myself hardly ever using primary or secondary weapons, I usually just spam quick melee etc

Anything works with Loki as long as you have Hushed Invisibility.  He's a great frame to level weapons while invisible.  

In general, there is very little warframe/weapon synergy.  Exceptions are when a frame buffs a damage type (ie Ember and heat based weapons), when a frame's power is based of a weapon's mods (ie Mesa and pistols) or Mirage and pretty much anything (especially explosives).

2 hours ago, Atylia said:

Wait but guys, many of you are recommending silent weapons, but doesn't Loki's invis already grant him weapon silencing anyway? 

Nope! Invisibility doesn't affect the sound of weapons at all; enemies will still be able to hear you perfectly fine. They might even start shooting at you if you make too much noise while staying in one spot.

Just a couple notes:

- Melee weapons can also make noise by clanging against the environment. This makes Heavy Blade and Hammer weapons (which scrape against the ground during almost every swing) extremely noisy, making them great choices for damage at the cost of being poor choices for stealth leveling.
- The 8x Stealth Multiplier while Invisible will disappear if you physically bump into enemies. Because of this, short-ranged melee weapons (daggers, fists/sparring, etc) are not recommended.
- Long-ranged melee weapons like Polearms/Whips/HeavyBlades/Hammers are extremely effective on Loki since you'll be able to hit enemies without your body bumping into theirs. Just be aware that their large size also makes them more likely to hit the walls and ground, which can alert enemies if you're not careful.
- The Hushed Invisibility augment will completely nullify all noise from weapons-- so blasting shotguns and heavy rifles everywhere, or clanging into every nearby surface with a giant battleaxe, won't be heard by enemies at all.

Edited by SortaRandom

Do you want lvl 100 enemies to die in a simple button press? Try the Destreza with Vulpine Mask using the hold combo. Bleds lvl 100 Corrupted heavy gunners and bombards in one hold most of the time while invisible. 

Edited by aligatorno

3 hours ago, Atylia said:

Wait but guys, many of you are recommending silent weapons, but doesn't Loki's invis already grant him weapon silencing anyway? Why would I want silent weapons if he can already silence weapons to a certain extent? Would I want to ignore the silent weapons and focus on damage since the silent advantage would be wasted due to Loki's own innate ability to silence them?

This is only possible with his augment mod, Hushed Invisibility http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Hushed_Invisibility

Only Banshee can silence her weapons (passive).

4 hours ago, aligatorno said:

Do you want lvl 100 enemies to die in a simple button press? Try the Destreza with Vulpine Mask using the hold combo. Bleds lvl 100 Corrupted heavy gunners and bombards in one hold most of the time while invisible. 

Can't get that yet, I'm level 4 so yeah, but my current kit is Kronen, Paris and Hikou, is that alright for Loki?

People are suggesting silenced weapons so that you don't need use that hushed invisibility mod, saving you a mod slot.

However, Loki can use pretty much anything you want - staying silent is only really important if you're stealth-kill farming for affinity.

What I recommend: Redeemer. Requires Vasto and Dual Skana to build (and 2 argon crystals) but is otherwise pretty cheap to build. It's a beast, especially with Loki:
It's a melee, so it's naturally silent, yet it's a shotgun with, so you can shoot enemies from afar. You don't need to even equip your melee - you can just press E to use the charged shot to kill just about anything, anywhere, anytime. The bonus? As a melee weapon, you can slap on a stance and a potato and have immediately enough capacity to nearly fully mod it, you don't even really need to forma it.

Personally, I've been using the Orvius for my Loki. Admittedly, I don't use him much (when given a choice on how I would like to approach combat, Stealth is never my first choice), and I don't do stuff much higher than Level 45 very often, so my advice may not bear out in higher level play. However, for everything I've used Loki for, the Orvius has proven a solid weapon. It's quiet, does excellent damage, can hit at range, disables it's target for 5 seconds, and deals damage in an area. It's not a weapon for a straight up fight (partly because it's best attack takes so long to get off, partly because it can kill you as well), but Loki has Invisibility and Decoy, allowing him to make any fight one in which the Orvius excels.

And, to reinforce what others have stated, Invisibility doesn't make Loki quiet; just invisible. If you want to use any weapon without worrying about noise, you either need to give up a slot for the Hushed Invisibility Augment mod, or give the weapon itself a Silencer mod. Since you haven't stated whether or not giving up a mod slot is something you're willing to do, everyone has been suggesting weapons that are quiet by default.