Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Rank increase diluting drop-chance?

DarkRuler2500

Over the past three weeks me and my guild mates did a little testing.

We did a full squad MR23 with Radiant relics couple times (72 relics total!) and got an average of 23,12% at least one uncommon and an average of 9,84% at least one rare.

I did that experiment with low-ranks in my friend list too, me as MR23 ofc and a MR4, MR7 and MR5. In a full radiant run we got an average of 87,1% at least one uncommon and at least one rare with a chance of 38,21% with a total relics opened of 52.

This percentage discrepancy leads me to my main question towards DE. Ofc my numbers are not that representative but the difference is way too big to be ignored.

Is the drop chance in any means connected to mastery rank so that low-level players get better rewards while the higher ranked ones get diluted rewards?

Edited by DarkRuler2500

1 minute ago, DarkRuler2500 said:

I sense you're one of those not contributing anything constructive here.
So, gl in trolling other threads.

well sorry to burst your small mind but what is said is not trolling. it's making fun of your conspriacry theorism

3 minutes ago, Syvarin said:

Can you give the actual numbers instead of percentages? When trying to use your percentages I'm getting odd amounts. (For example, 23.12% of 72 runs is 16.6464 runs. You can't have fractional runs.)

Yeah, that could be useful also.

I mean I understand that sometimes you get more than 1 uncommon or rare to choose from, and OP obviously factored that in but still.

Edited by EvilChaosKnight

1 minute ago, EvilChaosKnight said:

Yeah, that could be useful also.

I mean I understand that sometimes you get more than 1 uncommon or rare, and OP obviously factored that in but still.

Yeah, that's what it sounded like to me as well, but the wording of "% at least one uncommon" would make using multiple uncommons in a single run skew the math.

Regardless, I'm curious since even with the fickle nature of RNG the differences in the numbers appear to be fairly significant.

27 minutes ago, DarkRuler2500 said:

Radiant relics couple times (72 relics total!)

Only 18 runs. Considering 10% drop chance for Rares, that's not enough runs to base assumptions on.

28 minutes ago, DarkRuler2500 said:

at least one uncommon

28 minutes ago, DarkRuler2500 said:

at least one rare

The part of "at least" skews the stats gathered. RNG is not supposed to guarantee a rare or uncommon relic.

Honestly, if there was a system like that in place, I'm pretty sure dataminers would have already found it.

MR has nothing to do with it. If you wanted to do a more serious bit of testing though, you would need a lot more runs (50-100) to pull some solid numbers up. You would also need another person doing the same test to verify it. However, the math behind the rewards has already been found so if your google-fu is good enough you could probably find it online somewhere.