Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why is Naramon immune to Nullifiers?

Magneu

Title. Nullifiers can nullify Warframe powers (except for physical projectiles on their shield), Operator powers, Focus, etc, but Shadow Step is (IIRC) the only thing they can't nullify, while also being the single strongest defense mechanism against them, and AFAIK, Shadow Step...is a Focus power.

Would someone kindly explain why this inconsistency that can easily break the game is still allowed?

Don't all focus power bypass nully abilities? I know Zenurik's life drain lines hurt Nullies when you're in their bubble and I think they are affected by other Zenurik passives attacks as well. Only really pop Zenurik for a second so don't use the pulse so can't say for sure if they are affected by Magnetic Aftershock and that bullet redirection one but they definitely take damage from the lines.

Nullifiers were introduced, as i understand it, to stop players totally trivialising content by using AoE powers to clear entire rooms without having to put themselves in harms way, and also to potentially remove invulnerability powers like Valkyr's Hysteria.

Shadow Step doesn't kill enemies or provide invulnerability, it simply provides you with temporary invisibility as long as you're constantly critting on enemies with melee attacks.

While invisible through Shadow Step you still take damage from toxin clouds, Sappers' mines, tar puddles and other environmental effects. You can also get hit by the AoE of Bombard rockets if they're fired in your direction.

Shadow Step is a powerful focus passive, but it's nowhere near the same league as something like Mag's old Shield Polarise against Corpus used to be.

If it was completely OP then it would be the only focus school that people used, but I still use Zenurik on most of my setups. 

Hmm, reading the answers, fair enough. Didn't know about Zenurik Umbra Lance,will have to test that.

I'm of the mind that Focus should bypass Nullifiers consistently, but also of the mind that Shadow Step is a bit too cheesy, but whatever; it only really breaks the game in solo, and that's honestly more of a dumb AI problem than a player problem.

6 hours ago, (PS4)maso_sage-mode said:

pshhhhhhhhhhhh we dont speak about this. it will be nerfed! 

But this is an attitude I can't get behind.

1 minute ago, Magneu said:

Hmm, reading the answers, fair enough. Didn't know about Zenurik Umbra Lance,will have to test that.

I'm of the mind that Focus should bypass Nullifiers consistently, but also of the mind that Shadow Step is a bit too cheesy, but whatever; it only really breaks the game in solo, and that's honestly more of a dumb AI problem than a player problem.

But this is an attitude I can't get behind.

hehe xD

3 hours ago, ChuckMaverick said:

Shadow Step doesn't kill enemies or provide invulnerability

Just want to point out that it certainly can be somewhat indirectly responsible for both of these things.

A) Whilst invisible you're doing 4x melee damage, an incredible boost that will certainly help you kill enemies.

B) Whilst playing solo there will be no toxic clouds, no sapping fields, no bombard missiles since they cannot see you, and can therefore not target you.

Shadow Step is completely OP, your argument that it isn't because it would be the only focus school used if it was completely OP is incorrect, there is literally no precedent of this being a thing in any situation. Some find it boring playing like that, others find that Energy Overflow is simply... OPer (that's a word now, coined it).

At the end of the day I don't overly care about the focus schools right now, they need some serious work from DE for me to actually start putting points into other trees.

But don't understate how powerful Shadow Step is.