Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kavat Farming Rework

Slayer116

I have scanned 859 kavats and I have not got a kavat I wanted. The problems with kavat farming 1. more kavats the more players in squad this sucks because of the next problem. 2. the chances of getting a genetic code after scanning a kavat is like 20%. 3. when we try to scan kavats with scanners without any other abilities or help they run to fast that we cant get a lock on. 4. hammers that scan them on death such as heliocor don't give bonus widget scans for all I know. 5. if you don't have Ivara, Atlas or Vauban it is impossible to get the kavats to stay still to scan them. 6. ever since alerts for the genetic codes started happening I have only seen like one. 7. I can try not to get a kubrow egg and il accidentaly get one where if I scan kavats its 10 times harder to get even one genetic code from 10 kavats. I think either something should be changed that helps us get these codes or perhaps give simaris ability to sell kavat genetic codes maybe 10k rep for 5 genetic codes I would be down for that it would make me want to hunt for simaris more or perhaps even on april fools day have kavats hatch from kubrow eggs and kubrows made from genetic codes or something along those lines. I just ask this favor you will give us a way to get kavats more easy. I would also like fellow tenno's input on this matter post what you think below.

17 minutes ago, Slayer116 said:

I have scanned 859 kavats and I have not got a kavat I wanted. The problems with kavat farming

• 1 more kavats the more players in squad this sucks because of the next problem.
  • 2 the chances of getting a genetic code after scanning a kavat is like 20%.
  • 3 when we try to scan kavats with scanners without any other abilities or help they run to fast that we cant get a lock on.
  • 4 hammers that scan them on death such as heliocor don't give bonus widget scans for all I know.
  • 5 if you don't have Ivara, Atlas or Vauban it is impossible to get the kavats to stay still to scan them.
  • 6 ever since alerts for the genetic codes started happening I have only seen like one.
  • 7 I can try not to get a kubrow egg and i accidentally get one where if I scan kavats its 10 times harder to get even one genetic code from 10 kavats.

I think either something should be changed that helps us get these codes or perhaps give simaris ability to sell kavat genetic codes maybe 10k rep for 5 genetic codes.

I would be down for that, it would make me want to hunt for simaris more or perhaps even on april fools day have kavats hatch from kubrow eggs and kubrows made from genetic codes or something along those lines.

I just ask this favor you will give us a way to get kavats more easy. I would also like fellow tenno's input on this matter post what you think below.

FTFY.  Not to be mean or anything, but I simply could not read it ala wall 'o' text.

That said, I agree on all points, though I don't see simaris offering them up.  That would be akin to him giving away knowledge, and he seems pretty greedy with it.

CAN'T YOU KEEP YOUR MURDEROUS IMPULSES IN CHECK FOR 5 FREAKING SECONDS TENNO! - Paraphrased for dramatic effect.

I love the april fool's idea.  Though last year they made e-freaking-normous kubrows.  I hope for something just as spectacular this year.  Either or.

38 minutes ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

Oberon

Mellow those cats out, get your scan, then send them to their maker.

36 minutes ago, caosfox said:

indeed, oberon or rhino (4th skill) makes scanning kavats way too easy

In my experience Oberon makes things harder.  The cats don't attack you and you can't hurt them, but they don't stand still, either.  Even if you clear the room of enemies they still wander around, making it more difficult to both scan them and know when you've scanned them all.  It's way easier if you just bring an area-wide hard CC frame like Vauban or Equinox.

12 minutes ago, (PS4)chibi_matatabi said:

slow nova, speed scan widget, duration Vauban, duration trinity, frost (snow globe), inaros (his 1), equinox (sleep), duration ivara, HELIOS

mighta missed some, but the above should make it easier

IIRC, Helios scans do not get you Genetic Codes, and will prevent you from scanning the Kavat yourself.  That is, until you complete your codex, after which Helios will not scan them at all.

25 minutes ago, (PS4)xKAIOWAx said:

Go solo with Ivara 

probably best ivara but the more players in squad the more kavats. even when I had someone with ivara help me kavat scanning was always a pain, low chance for those kavats to give codes bonus widget scans only work sometimes IF kavat gives an actual code.

Edited by Slayer116