Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fixing the Kuva Siphon Burnout

Xion

Ever since TWW update, pretty much all I've been doing in Warframe has been grinding Kuva missions in the hopes of getting that perfect Riven mod. Lately, though, I've started to get really burnt out. Kuva missions are REALLY repetitive and get super boring really quickly. 

I was wondering if we can expect certain missions in the Kuva Fortress to reward Kuva as end of mission rewards. As of right now, there's really no point in going into the Fortress. Invasions, and Fissures don't occur there (not entirely sure if Alerts can occur in the Fortress), and very rarely during Grineer sorties do we get a Fortress sortie.

Maybe missions like Spy or Survival can reward us with Kuva for our troubles. For Spy missions, it'll only be rewarded if we get all 3 Vaults and Survivals can be in Rotation B or something. And because the Kuva will be rewarded at the end of a mission and not from a "pickup," then 2x resource boosters wouldn't affect it, giving a uniform amount of Kuva for everyone. Even the Fortress-specific mission type known as "Assault" could reward it. 

The way I do it is by just ignoring anything that isn't a Kuva Flood and doing other things with the game running in the background (optionally just log in once an hour).

Other methods to obtain it would definitely be agreeable, though. Kuva Siphons/Floods should give larger chunks but other methods could give less in the vein of other rare-type drops.

1 minute ago, Chipputer said:

The way I do it is by just ignoring anything that isn't a Kuva Flood and doing other things with the game running in the background (optionally just log in once an hour).

This is what I do now, and even then, I'm very reluctant to do so.

A mini raid style kuva siphon mission, where we are doing the siphoning would be cool. Starts with having the infiltrate the fortress and do a decent puzzle in a sabotage style game to unlock the kuva chamber. ending in a defense style mission similar to the newer defense missions on Neptune I believe. every 5 waves rewards normal siphon level kuva amounts(starting enemy levels 45-50) and a higher level version that rewards flood level kuva(starting enemy level 90-100). This adds a reliable way to get the kuva for players that can handle the enemies. I'm not sure how well this would cut down the grind but it would add more of a reason to visit the fortress other than sorties and the mythical stance(by far my favorite tiles in the game!)

Have to say, I burned out on Rivens a lot faster than I burned out on Kuva missions. I farmed Kuva until I had all the weapons that required it, and then stopped going after it.

I gave up on Riven mods with my first one, when I satisfied the stated conditions three times before deciding the conditions had been incorrectly (or at least misleadingly) stated. I've been around WF long enough and dealt with RNG long enough to have hundreds of weapons to choose from, and no desire to grind endlessly to MAYBE make a bad gun somewhat better.