Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sortie/Alert Spies crush my very soul

Xekrin

Every I do a spy mission for an alert or sortie, especially on lua where there are exclusive rewards, I die a little inside.  Because I am doing exactly what I would have to do to farm vaults except I am missing out on vault exclusive rewards.

Alerts are _as_ bad, since there is something of a purpose to them, but considering spy missions usually grant 3 rewards and alerts REQUIRE at least 2 vaults and only grant one reward.  It is kind of frustrating.

Sorties are the worst though, extra risk, high levels, more danger, no rewards.

This is yet another request to allow mission specific rewards be awarded during 'special' runs for them.  Just like we still get rotation rewards for endless fissures, it would be nice if alert/sortie versions still at the very least granted us the chance at what would be dropped were it a normal run.

Although, considering the higher risk involved (I know, risk? where? but still), instead of a 10 minute sortie survival (for example) being AA it draws from BC tables instead.  Sortie interceptions are 3 rounds, ABC or BCC.  Spy vaults, just give us the unidentified items like any normal vault.  Put caches in sortie sabos, most won't bother searching for them anyway.  UNLESS there is a bump in drop rates for rare-exclusive sabo only items!

Make high level content more rewarding with ... rewards.

I mean, we still get the Kela De Thaym reward when fighting her in sorties.  Come on.

It is a bit weird considering that Syndicate Spy Alerts do give normal rewards in addition to the advertised Standing.  If it wasn't for that then I could understand it as an alert's reward replaces the normal rewards (and Sortie missions reward all the effort at the end of the Sortie) but there is a lack of consistency.  Do we get Specter Blueprints from Sortie Rescues?  I cant remember, although we wouldn't get good ones what with the auto-triggered alarms and likely not hanging around to kill guards.

15 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

we still get the Kela De Thaym reward

That's pretty much just a mod drop though.  I don't know why it still gets hidden now, but it is just a drop from her mod table and functionally no different from getting Hellfire or any other regular mod from a different bosses guaranteed single drop.

4 minutes ago, Katinka said:

That's pretty much just a mod drop though.  I don't know why it still gets hidden now, but it is just a drop from her mod table and functionally no different from getting Hellfire or any other regular mod from a different bosses guaranteed single drop.

When fighting normal Kela, you still need judgement points. I'm pretty sure that judgement points don't get subtracted until you win. So this is DE's way of assuring that nobody tries to farm Kela's mods without doing a couple rounds of rathuum.

3 minutes ago, Tain_OSkoom said:

When fighting normal Kela, you still need judgement points. I'm pretty sure that judgement points don't get subtracted until you win. So this is DE's way of assuring that nobody tries to farm Kela's mods without doing a couple rounds of rathuum.

I get that being the reason for them introducing her drops being hidden (they weren't at first and there were problems of hosts dropping if they didn't get what they wanted, which used to happen when farming warframes too way back when they were drops instead of end of mission rewards, pre-Nekros days...) but I would have thought that it's been enough time now that that wouldn't be an issue any more.  Anyway, apart from being hidden until post-mission, drops from Kela are just normal mod drops, guaranteed from a boss, so I'm not surprised we still get them from Sorties.  No more surprised than I am by getting from mods from Lech Kril, Vay Hek, Phorid etc during Sorties.

Edited by Katinka

1 hour ago, Katinka said:

That's pretty much just a mod drop though.

Valid point and I suppose not a great example, I guess there are no examples.  Well, it is kind of an example, because even though its just a mod drop, its an exclusive that-mission-only reward that you still get.  

Why I mentioned it was because after the last Kela sortie I got a mod from her I'd not gotten yet, along with (insert some sortie reward that sucks here) and I thought to myself "Well, at least I got that mod finally"  So it wasn't a total waste.

Doing a mid-sortie spy mission though, on lua, which to some people is a major PITA and there is zero compensation for it, especially the part where we can't use ciphers and must deal with the sortie condition which can sometimes for some people occasionally make the mission more difficult or just plain more annoying.

This also leads into my adamant belief that sorties should have higher drop rates for rare mods, caches, containers etc...  Even though people will persist in their need to say that sorties aren't difficult and are barely end-game, it would still provide a singular motivating factor that drives us to do sorties.

Because it is pretty clear that a once a day reward for 3 missions just isn't all the rewarding.  

A boost in drop rates from enemies though? And the sortie happens to be on a tileset (kuva fort) that holds something you really want (stupid stance), I'd happily replay for that increase in chance at obtaining it.

Edited by Xekrin

53 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

This also leads into my adamant belief that sorties should have higher drop rates for rare mods, caches, containers etc...  Even though people will persist in their need to say that sorties aren't difficult and are barely end-game, it would still provide a singular motivating factor that drives us to do sorties.

It would also encourage us to actually explore the map and kill enemies during Sorties which would in-turn make the mission more challenging.  Part of the reason I don't consider most Sorties hard is because I don't actually need to fight in some of them.  If it's Rescue then I'll often complete it with 0 kills and Spy would be the same if I didn't abuse an Ivara/Covert Lethality/Gleaming Blight combo during them.