Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Game overruled by Screen saver

Myscho

Question

Is there way to stop game being overruled by screen saver setting ??  I have set screen saver start 5 min after innactivity, but problem is Warframe act like desktop so that 5 min rule applied on game too and probably thats the only game

11 answers to this question

13 hours ago, Xzorn said:

Unless you're still using an  CRT monitor for art or something there's no reason to have a screen saver.

Unless you mean power save mode, which you kinda don't need either, least for the monitor.

LCD monitors get burn-in too, although slower and in a different way, but it happens.

18 minutes ago, Praxxor said:

LCD monitors get burn-in too, although slower and in a different way, but it happens.

Image Persistence is not permanent for LCD like it is for CRT.

It's unlikely for a consumer to suffer any permanent damage by leaving an LCD on a fixed screen for long periods.

12 hours ago, SkeinsOfFitzsimmons said:

Are you using the keyboard or an controller? Non-direct input will usually trip the screensaver, unless you're using a Xbox controller.

Honestly, I'd just turn the screensaver off. 

Keyboard and mouse, but i wonder why this only with Warframe happens. I try find something in High perfomance plan, but nothing

9 minutes ago, .LeiA._ said:

Ay I can feel ya, @Myscho, got same problem with ya, but i'm not using screen saver, just regular "turn-off display" after 5 minutes idle. Warframe on 3840 x 2160, become small and windowed.

Yep, i have that too, but after 15 mins and its killing my brain why only WF do that. Steve should program some kind of HW acceleration to prevent this

Edited by Myscho