Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Good Late/End Game Warframes?

mosaickle

Question

Or does it not really matter eventually? Cuz I feel like I should stick to someone who will remain relevant throughout the game

On that note, how exactly is Excal? This might be just a misconception but does he have a bad rep since he's the most popular starting warframe?

12 answers to this question

Excalibur is okay, not the best or worst at much, basically a good combination of movement, disable, and medium damage in Exalted and light range in Radial Javelin. Excalibur has a decent chance of success at most missions with medium to good modding. For the most part though, many warframes are or can be modded to take on most missions while a few are currently great at early levels or before you can afford the mod points for full load-outs. Warframes like Oberon or Rhino are warframes that fill that role but can be built to be useful to even hit sorties with some effort.

Often when players look for 'powerful warframes' they seek warframes that scale or are just easy to use or nearly invulnerable with good or specific mod builds. Nova, Trinity, and Loki are reliable choices for this but Chroma, Valkyr, Inaros, and Mirage have been known to be used for such purposes with more work or specific load-outs. Other warframes like Frost, Limbo, Vauban, and looters like Nekros are used for particular niches or to fill out needs or teams when hitting specific missions. Some focuses, weapons, and arcane enhancements can be further used to give your chosen warframe more emphasis on ease of use, survival, or specialization on their niche.

Ultimately, choose the warframe that works best for you; feels the best; or you just enjoy the look the most. You will enjoy the game more when you succeed with something you like doing versus what others think is better.

22 minutes ago, Urlan said:

Often when players look for 'powerful warframes' they seek warframes that scale or are just easy to use or nearly invulnerable with good or specific mod builds. Nova, Trinity, and Loki are reliable choices for this but Chroma, Valkyr, Inaros, and Mirage have been known to be used for such purposes with more work or specific load-outs. Other warframes like Frost, Limbo, Vauban, and looters like Nekros are used for particular niches or to fill out needs or teams when hitting specific missions. Some focuses, weapons, and arcane enhancements can be further used to give your chosen warframe more emphasis on ease of use, survival, or specialization on their niche.

Right now I'm mainly playing (in this order) Trin, Valkyr, Loki and then Frost, I'm guessing I'm good to go?

Almost every frame is endgame worthy - few days back I did sortie with oberon - my broberon has 3 forma and nice build and paired with my skill /experience can be useful team member of any party. 

But to put things in simple perspective best endgame frames are not ones that scale well in lategame content, but ones that contribute to team mostly and to mission that is issued. For example nova can make any mission twice easier or easier and twice as fast, value of frost cannot be overestimated in every defense /mobile defense mission but his usefulness doesn't stop there, loki /ivara can make spy missions a breeze, nidus /inaros are incredible in survival or very high level content, volt can make quick runs twice as quick, etc. 

It depends what your "end-game" is.

End-game for this game can have multiple meanings. It's not like an MMO where Raiding is the only thing you'll end with.

Any frame can do Raids / Sorties but not all frames are created equal after lvl 100 while at the same time  you could avoid any content past lvl 60 if you wanted and still get everything in the game through trading and become the platz master. There's nothing forcing you to any specific play style.

I personally avoid Raids but do plenty of endurance runs. That's my end-game.

Any frame can do end game stuff.  I would say that every end game player needs at a minimum

1. Frost: for chilling globe stuff.  Almost irreplaceable 

2. A crowd control frame: Nyx, Vauban, Nova, etc 

3. Ivara or Loki: the invisible frames

4. High damage output frame: Mirage, Mesa, etc.

With these four frames you can fill almost any role in any mission.  If you want to add a 5th frame, Trinity's healing is important too 

Ash-instant kill with a dagger or can kill lots of things with just FT and a strong melee, can remove armor, can be invis, and has a gorgeous deluxe and tennogen skin- what else is there to ask for?

Frost- can slow a bunch of enemies with ice wave impendance, has a globe, and good at cc

Vauban- good at cc- i dont have him tho so i cant tell you much about him 

Volt- shield that gives dmg boost when shot through, amazing at cc

Lots of frames can be whatever you think is endgame though, but these are just my personal picks

oh also inaros and mag are also very good-they are very strong

Edited by (XB1)TomTheImperator

First of all, try all frames.  Don't just stick to one.  That's a really fast road to get bored really quickly.  Most missions you will do are not "end game" anyway.  However, you probably will run into a time late game, mid game, whatever, where damage from your weapons will fall off, maybe even the damage from your frame too.  To complete your arsenal, try to get frames that have good utility and who's abilities work on all levels.  Loki's disarm, all of nyx's abilities, inaros and his 1st, all come to mind.  

As for excalibur, he will do fine in endgame.  Since his blind is line of sight though, he works really well in wide open areas, but not so much in tight spaces.  His other abilities work well for melee combat too, if your into that.