Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Platform-specific subforums and posting restrictions

ChuckMaverick

I get that there is a good reason to have separate subforums for console and PC feedback, but why are we restricted from posting in threads about other platforms?

There is only one Warframe, changes to PC or console versions affect the other and all players should be able to comment in feedback threads, regardless of the platform they relate to.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)AleDiorio said:

Yes, Sometimes when a new update/ changes coming on PC  I want to post my opinion and I can't, there is not logic

There is logic but not the one you want it to be.

Situation where "There is not logic"  is actualy prety rare ^.^ 

Yeah Chuck i feel that i also dont like this restriction when someone ask for intel on lets say xbox and i see a lot of bad answer and i cannot help fellow tenno not get in usual pitfall we all faced.

Edited by trunks013

24 minutes ago, [DE]Drew said:

We've slowly opened up more cross-platform permissions over the past couple years. Can you give me a more detailed example of what you'd like to do?  Maybe I can clarify the logic or help with a change. 

I think chuck is talking about this part of the forum 

https://forums.warframe.com/forum/163-xbox-one-ps4-feedback/

Where tenno from pc cannot comment or answer.

Allowing us to answer there would give us a chance to also give our point of view on topic that may be on console and PC but posted in this specific section where we cannot write to our fellow tenno.

Opening this may result into some fight over PC vs Console but personaly i dont think its gonna be huge.

am i on the right track @ChuckMaverick ?

Edited by trunks013

11 minutes ago, trunks013 said:

I think chuck is talking about this part of the forum 

https://forums.warframe.com/forum/163-xbox-one-ps4-feedback/

Where tenno from pc cannot comment or answer.

Allowing us to answer there would give us a chance to also give our point of view on topic that may be on console and PC but posted in this specific section where we cannot write to our fellow tenno.

Opening this may result into some fight over PC vs Console but personaly i dont think its gonna be huge.

am i on the right track @ChuckMaverick ?

That was the one which prompted my post, but as @(PS4)AleDiorio pointed out it also applies to console Tenno trying to post in the PC Feedback subforum.

56 minutes ago, [DE]Drew said:

We've slowly opened up more cross-platform permissions over the past couple years. Can you give me a more detailed example of what you'd like to do?  Maybe I can clarify the logic or help with a change. 

Speaking of cross-platform permissions, and sorry if I'm off topic, do you think it'll ever be possible to send gift from PC to console and vice versa? It'd incredibly help with giveaways, as currently the gate between the platforms is insurmountable.

22 hours ago, [DE]Drew said:

As a player who playing is playing Warframe using Xbox One controller and Steam Big Picture, it is more beneficial that I could help test out any changes/implementations related to controller in the PC version, before it is rolled out to the consoles.
Controller-Bug-catchers / free "console UI and UX" playtester :thumbup:
PC Players using controller could also share their keybindings, help out and have discussions with some console players, maybe get some opinions/solutions from console players too.
Although the platforms are different, PC players using controller like I do, interact with the game using similar interface with console players.
When playing Warframe using Steam Big Picture, there is no mouse cursor for me to use.
Thus, although I am a PC user, I interacted with the star chart, mod screen, foundry and chatbox like a console player does.
No way of resize/moving chatbox, zooming or scrolling with mouse wheel or tilt the mod screen by moving mouse cursor so that my frame's "horn"/head doesn't block the stats
:crylaugh:
And mainly using keyboard to type messages in chatbox after bring the chatbox into focus.

Examples of possible different platform users interaction:

Hope this helps.
Thank you for your attention.

• 2 weeks later...