Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need help from Warframe veterans (a bit longer post)

(PSN)kompesak45

Question

Hi people, I apologize for the longer post but I think this could help more people than just me. I am currently at mastery rank 9, and im kind of struggling with the transition from 'mid-game' to 'end-game'. I have done some reasearch and for example, someone said that Scindo Prime is a good end game weapon. So i went ahead and got Scindo Prime (got blood rush, body count, pressure point, 2 elements, berserker, buzz kill) and yet i still dont do much damage to the 70-80 level units. Also, I got a Tigris, 'forma' it 2 times, got a bunch of slash damage and still its a pain to kill 90-100 levels. My Soma does barely any damage and its not like I didnt put mods on it. Vectis is kind of okay to be honest. I see others kill 100+ lvls on a whim. I also saw that someone said that Nikana Prime is a fair end game weapon, and there it is building right now, and what am I supposed to put on it and be sure that I'm not gonna be useless next time I go to do a sortie?

Another thing is that, some people say that grineer are weak to radiation damage, and from the damage 2.0 cheat sheet I saw that they are in fact weak to corrosive damage, just like corpus are weak to magnetic, and infected to gas. Is that correct?

I apologize one more time for a maybe over subjective post, but I really need help with this.

Thank you, Tenno.

Regarding the radiation damage, I believe people are referring to the super tough Grineer like Scorchs and Bombards. These units have Alloy Armor that is weak to radiation.

Generally you're packing enough damage that the weaker units who are weak to corrosive damage are gonna die anyway without corrosive damage, I think.

Radiation Damage is good against certain types of enemy health. (Typically Robotic health (Many Corpus Bosses) and Alloy Armor (Napalms, Bombards and Elite Lancers use Alloy Armor, as well as most Grineer Bosses.)

Corrosive Damage is great against certain types of Infested enemies (ones that have Fossilized health types) and is great against lightly armored targets, such as Ballistas, Butchers, Lancers, Troopers and many more.

Viral Damage really only gets a bonus against enemies without shields and without armor. (4x Corrosive Projection mods in a squad playing against Grineer, and Viral would definitely be the way to go.) But does less damage against Infested targets.

I could go on, but here is a quick reference for you to look at if you'd like to: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

5 minutes ago, (PS4)drpunk-yo said:

Regarding the radiation damage, I believe people are referring to the super tough Grineer like Scorchs and Bombards. These units have Alloy Armor that is weak to radiation.

Generally you're packing enough damage that the weaker units who are weak to corrosive damage are gonna die anyway without corrosive damage, I think.

Bombards have Alloy Armor, Scorches use Ferrite Armor (which is weak to Corrosive Damage.)
And typically, Corrosive damage works well against Grineer in general, especially with high status chance weapons.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

FINE!

Alloy armored Grineer...

Bombard, Elite Lancel, Eviscerator, Napalm.

Generally the really difficult ones to kill. So radiation for them cos you ain't one shotting them like the ferrite armor wusses.

Apart from naming bombard I think my advice was pretty spot on.

Which can't be said for every person who's suggested an end game weapon to someone. But no one pulls them up on any of that.

Annoys me a lot.

Edited by (PS4)drpunk-yo

Elemental combos I use

Corpus mag/tox

Grineer rad/viral

Infested/void corrosive

If you have armor enhanced grineer sometimes corrosive is better.  

Things to consider

The higher the lvl the higher the armor if your doing higher end stuff take corrosive projection aura.   In extremely high end (lvl 150++) you really need all 4 to have corrosive up or it's like your weapons are nerf bats.

Blinded enemies take far more melee dmg slash / toxic and gas proc all can do 4x stealth dmg dots that utterly lay waste to just about anything also slash profs ignore armor.  Weapons that can take advantage of this most include Lesion/atterax.

That scindo build will also be even stronger with maxed out passives from naramon focus .

Frame choices...   Lower down banshee doesn't shine so well but in the high lvls she makes stuff die like nothing else can oooh hi lvl 2000 bombard have a 2 billion dmg head shot...  The lvl 70 to 100 range though a peacemaker build mesa will obliterate everything in seconds.   Even a landslide build Atlas can make short work of everything in this lvl range basically the lvl range of the sorti is.  Max range Magnatize build mag is also a fav of mine few others like her since rework.

Lots more really but now my post is long...

Edited by (PS4)Eluminary

14 minutes ago, (PS4)kompesak45 said:

Hi people, I apologize for the longer post but I think this could help more people than just me. I am currently at mastery rank 9, and im kind of struggling with the transition from 'mid-game' to 'end-game'. I have done some reasearch and for example, someone said that Scindo Prime is a good end game weapon. So i went ahead and got Scindo Prime (got blood rush, body count, pressure point, 2 elements, berserker, buzz kill) and yet i still dont do much damage to the 70-80 level units. Also, I got a Tigris, 'forma' it 2 times, got a bunch of slash damage and still its a pain to kill 90-100 levels. My Soma does barely any damage and its not like I didnt put mods on it. Vectis is kind of okay to be honest. I see others kill 100+ lvls on a whim. I also saw that someone said that Nikana Prime is a fair end game weapon, and there it is building right now, and what am I supposed to put on it and be sure that I'm not gonna be useless next time I go to do a sortie?

Another thing is that, some people say that grineer are weak to radiation damage, and from the damage 2.0 cheat sheet I saw that they are in fact weak to corrosive damage, just like corpus are weak to magnetic, and infected to gas. Is that correct?

I apologize one more time for a maybe over subjective post, but I really need help with this.

Thank you, Tenno.

I may be biased, but Nikana Prime is my most used melee weapon for a reason. I always bring it into the end game (and sometimes Telos Boltace for the fun sliding factor).

For my Nikana Prime, I use Prime Pressure Point, Prime Reach, Blood Rush, Body Count, Berserker, Buzz Kill, and elements of your choosing. For the stance I exclusively use Blind Justice. When I was MR12 and lower I made sure I used Hek for endgame and raids. The weapon augment for it is killer, and is better than the regular Tigris IMO.

By Soma, do you mean Soma Prime or regular? On my Prime I make sure to use Fanged Fusillade and mod for crit, that is the weapons strong suit.

As for the end game part of your post, try getting a clan that runs the raids often and doesn't mind helping you out and building your skill in the end game, same goes with sorties. 

Best of luck to you, Tenno.

Can you post screenshots of your weapons and the mods on them please?  A list like the information that you posted on your Scindo Prime is a good start.  It helps much more if we can see a good screenie with everything in it so we can double-check everything: mods you use, level of your mods, forma-ing, etc.

27 minutes ago, (PS4)kompesak45 said:

So i went ahead and got Scindo Prime (got blood rush, body count, pressure point, 2 elements, berserker, buzz kill) and yet i still dont do much damage to the 70-80 level units. Also, I got a Tigris, 'forma' it 2 times, got a bunch of slash damage and still its a pain to kill 90-100 levels.

Well, first off, "raw" damage or crit-based weapons don't really do well against high-level armored targets (Grineer or Corrupted). It just the way armor damage  reduction works. They can still kill them given high-enough Combo multiplier (upwards of 3x) due to red crits, but don't expect any miracles.

If you want to consistently kill high level enemies with a melee weapon, it's time to switch to a status-based one. Two prime candidates are Lesion and Atterax. The latter, when modded with Weeping Wounds, Drifting Contact (or Body Count) and Blood Rush deals armor-ignoring Slash procs of rather extreme magnitude. Add Relentless Combination and you're set for very, very high-level scenarios. Just to demonstrate, pay attention to how quickly enemies die in this vid as soon as a Slash proc (or a Crit slash proc off a red crit) occurs - and compare to how ridiculously little damage is dealt when there is no slash proc. 

27 minutes ago, (PS4)kompesak45 said:

Also, I got a Tigris, 'forma' it 2 times, got a bunch of slash damage and still its a pain to kill 90-100 levels. My Soma does barely any damage and its not like I didnt put mods on it.

Primary weapons based on raw damage/crit suffer from similar problems - no matter how great the damage numbers on paper, it's eaten by armor soon enough. Modding for the specific faction to maximize the damage type VS armor type element can help you a bit, so is Viral damage (Viral procs temporarily halve the enemy HP, making it easier to kill them). Huge red crits also push the viability a bit higher - for example, a simple Dread bow with Argon Scope and Crit Damage mods scores rather crazy headshots, despite unimpressive "on paper" damage. Add abilities like Rhino's Roar, Banshee's Sonar or Nova's Molecular Prime and you'll be melting Sortie 3 enemies in one headshot. Last time I had to use a bow on some "bow only" Sortie I went as Volt and we had a Nova with us. Firing a Dread arrow through two stacked Volt's shields and placing a headshot on a Hyekka Master resulted in ~240,000 damage red crit. If we had a Banshee, it'd prolly push into high seven digits.

Last but not least, Status procs are equally powerful. The very same Dread, or even your Tigris are capable of proccing solid Slash damage when modded for it. 

Edited by Reifnir

33 minutes ago, (PS4)kompesak45 said:

Thank you, Tenno.

With the Scindo Prime I'd swap out the element mods and add organ shatter, true steel, and weeping wounds.  Since the Scindo Prime is primarily a slash weapon with good crit chance and status chance you'll want to leverage both of those stat lines.  The slash procs will bypass enemy shields and armor and chew away at enemy health.  I'd even swap out body count in favor of drifting contact to push your status chance higher.

So, to recap.  Blood rush, pressure point, organ shatter, true steel, drifting contact (body count), berserker, buzz kill, and weeping wounds.

Bring my build into the simulacrum and test the kill speed against a level 140 bombard versus your old build, see what you get.

Also, for a little extra speed consider swapping out true steel in favor of fury.  Although too much speed makes combos difficult to do.

Edited by (PS4)Magician_NG

13 minutes ago, (PS4)kompesak45 said:

So i went ahead and got Scindo Prime (got blood rush, body count, pressure point, 2 elements, berserker, buzz kill) and yet i still dont do much damage to the 70-80 level units. Also, I got a Tigris, 'forma' it 2 times, got a bunch of slash damage and still its a pain to kill 90-100 levels. My Soma does barely any damage and its not like I didnt put mods on it. V

Quick Question- Have you maxed out the mods you're using? 
It's one thing to put the "right" mods in a weapon/frame, but their Rank contributes quite a lot as well. 

Also, Slash is "ok" but I wouldn't focus on it too much. Both the Scindo Prime and Tigris already have a nice amount of it for procs and you could make use of other mods instead.

Another Question - are you using a Stance on your Melee weapon/Scindo Prime?
If you're doing "equipped melee" (i.e. melee weapon in hand instead of a gun) you can do the Combos and the best stances are best because they have really nice combo multipliers (+200% or x3 damage). 
If you're doing Quick Attacks then you might want to look at some other weapons. IMO Scindo Prime is great as a equipped melee/only weapon but I'm not a fan of the big slower weapons for Quick Melee since I like them to actually be quick, heh.

So for that, the Nikana Prime would do well. There are other good options too fi you want suggestions. If not that's fine. It's not "wrong" to use the SP, most things in Warframe are largely personal preference. ;-)

re: damage types - this can get a bit complex but... Corrosive vs Radiation. 

Corrosive is great against most armored targets because the proc will remove armor. It's also strong against most types of grineer, corrupted and ancients. 

Radiation is often recommended because it's strong against the toughest hard-hitting grineer/corrupted (Bombards. Napalms).

The trick there is they still have armor.

IF you're able to get in a group that all have equipped the Corrosive Projection Aura then armor will be removed 100%.

Then Corrosive becomes way less useful and your slash becomes much much better. Radiation would still be strong but now we can also start looking at Viral to cut that health down a lot faster if your weapon has decent status. If you're not sure about the status then raw damage without viral should still work fine because there is not a wall of armor blocking it.

if you're PuG-ing Sorties against Grineer, if you can try to use Corrosive Projection. Hopefully, the other players will be using it too and then armor won't be blocking out so much damage. Your weapons should be a lot more effective when that happens.

Hope there is some help amongst all that.

Cheers!
~R~

17 minutes ago, Rolunde said:

Quick Question- Have you maxed out the mods you're using? 
It's one thing to put the "right" mods in a weapon/frame, but their Rank contributes quite a lot as well. 

Also, Slash is "ok" but I wouldn't focus on it too much. Both the Scindo Prime and Tigris already have a nice amount of it for procs and you could make use of other mods instead.

Another Question - are you using a Stance on your Melee weapon/Scindo Prime?

1. Yes I have maxed all the 'important' weapon mods.

2. Yes of course, I know Cleaving Whirlwind is the wrong way to go for Scindo, but i only have that right now. Im working on getting tempo royale maybe

Edited by (PS4)kompesak45

One thing that you haven't mentioned is how you are doing with mods. Make sure you have the important damage mods the so called "core" mods, fusioned up to at least 2 from max level (what I have it to since the last few levels require as much fusion power as you had to put in for the other levels so only worth it if you have excess fusion power, even then, not that important to have it fully fusioned). Make sure you have the important corrupted mods and Auras since those will help out for end game. End game is really only there once you have the core mods and game knowledge on how to defeat enemies. When modding to counter have 3 set ups, one for corpus, one for grineer, and one for infested/void. You can go with an all round set up but those won't do as well as the other combos.

When modding you want to have the core damage mods first (unless it reduces accuracy too much, then just go with multishot and the base serration/other). Next get the two crit core mods if the weapon is crit based. Then get at least one elemental combo, two if possible for elemental damage. Base damage of slash/impact/puncture are only really useful in sorties where they take reduced elemental damage, so not really worth modding except for some extreme cases.

In short on how to defeat enemies(my way at least):

General build(if interested)

Viral and Fire is the elemental combo you will want to go for if you really just don't care too much about min maxing and don't want to switch loadouts often. You WILL need another source of armor reduction, so make sure you have Corrosive Projection or a pistol with corrosive and high status chance.

Corpus:

Shield based, almost no armor, focus on Magnetic and Toxin damage. Magnetic does really well against shields and toxin bypasses shields directly. Slash and Impact also do well against corpus since slash will also bypass shields (and armor) and impact deals more damage to shields. Nullifiers can be dealt with by shooting the bubble (or weak point soon to come) or if you can and don't have channel abilities, jump into the bubble quickly and focus the nullifier.

Grineer:

High armor scaling, considered the toughest to fight and usually is end game. You have two options for elemental combos here:

Corrosive and Fire, this will allow for armor shredding and fire deals well against the non-armor part of their life (flesh/the red health). This usually will go on your pistol with a high status chance.

OR

Viral and Radiation, this combo has the higher multiplier in damage and will also allow for some CC if needed and will deal with most harder enemies of the grineer and only 1 or 2 types (rollers) won't take the full effect of those damage types, but it won't matter much). This is usually what you will try to get on your rifle/shotgun (other than few rare cases)

Infested/Corrupted(void)

Corrosive and Fire OR Cold, corrosive will deal with armor, which helps against scaling, while the other type can deal with flesh(fire), or shields(cold). Most of the time, fire is the better option since you will then be able to use it against infested better than cold.

Hope this helps a bit

-gkuoni

Edited by gkuoni
clarity that it isn't the only way to deal with end game

5 minutes ago, gkuoni said:

One thing that you haven't mentioned is how you are doing with mods. Make sure you have the important damage mods the so called "core" mods, fusioned up to at least 2 from max level (what I have it to since the last few levels require as much fusion power as you had to put in for the other levels so only worth it if you have excess fusion power, even then, not that important to have it fully fusioned). Make sure you have the important corrupted mods and Auras since those will help out for end game. End game is really only there once you have the core mods and game knowledge on how to defeat enemies. When modding to counter have 3 set ups, one for corpus, one for grineer, and one for infested/void. You can go with an all round set up but those won't do as well as the other combos.

When modding you want to have the core damage mods first (unless it reduces accuracy too much, then just go with multishot and the base serration/other). Next get the two crit core mods if the weapon is crit based. Then get at least one elemental combo, two if possible for elemental damage. Base damage of slash/impact/puncture are only really useful in sorties where they take reduced elemental damage, so not really worth modding except for some extreme cases.

In short on how to defeat enemies(my way at least):

General build(if interested)

Viral and Fire is the elemental combo you will want to go for if you really just don't care too much about min maxing and don't want to switch loadouts often. You WILL need another source of armor reduction, so make sure you have Corrosive Projection or a pistol with corrosive and high status chance.

Corpus:

Shield based, almost no armor, focus on Magnetic and Toxin damage. Magnetic does really well against shields and toxin bypasses shields directly. Slash and Impact also do well against corpus since slash will also bypass shields (and armor) and impact deals more damage to shields. Nullifiers can be dealt with by shooting the bubble (or weak point soon to come) or if you can and don't have channel abilities, jump into the bubble quickly and focus the nullifier.

Grineer:

High armor scaling, considered the toughest to fight and usually is end game. You have two options for elemental combos here:

Corrosive and Fire, this will allow for armor shredding and fire deals well against the non-armor part of their life (flesh/the red health). This usually will go on your pistol with a high status chance.

OR

Viral and Radiation, this combo has the higher multiplier in damage and will also allow for some CC if needed and will deal with most harder enemies of the grineer and only 1 or 2 types (rollers) won't take the full effect of those damage types, but it won't matter much). This is usually what you will try to get on your rifle/shotgun (other than few rare cases)

Infested/Corrupted(void)

Corrosive and Fire OR Cold, corrosive will deal with armor, which helps against scaling, while the other type can deal with flesh(fire), or shields(cold). Most of the time, fire is the better option since you will then be able to use it against infested better than cold.

Hope this helps a bit

-gkuoni

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I got the core mods. Since I know I can make the all the mentioned elements by combining. And uhm, I have slash mods like buzz kill, fanged fusillade and sweeping serration. Just like metal auger and hells chamber. There are more but you get it, I think i got the mods that you got in mind. And sure everyone, this helps a ton, thanks to all of you

1 minute ago, Lluminate said:

You're missing Organ Shatter.

Everyone else is giving great advice, but the reason your particular build isn't working is because you focused on crit chance with no crit damage. Organ Shatter is a required mod on crit weapons.

I traded my Scindo Prime in for a Galatine Prime a while back, but this is the build I was rocking for a long time. Had no trouble in endgame.

xYs8fBc.png

Min-max version would be trading the stance for Cleaving Whirlwind, and Pressure Point/Fury for their primed counterparts.

Ah yes, forgot about organ shatter. And yes thank you for sharing, im gonna test all the things people said to me and see which fit me the best. Thank you again

From my experience, best elemental combos for different factions differ if you build for status or not.

For non-status build, I'd say best combos are corrosive+heat vs Infested (don't bother with gas; tanky Infested are all weak to corrosive (+75% dmg) and light units are squishy as hell and vulnerable to heat(+25% dmg to infested health type, +50% dmg to infested flesh)) and toxin(+50% dmg vs flesh, -25% vs robotic) vs Corpus. You can add magnetic(+75% dmg to shields) or radiation(+25% dmg to robotic) but it's not mandatory. Toxin should kill them fast enough. Just remember to kill Shield Ospreys first. At higher level they seem to give damage reduction to Corpus units.

Grineer are more tricky. I'm not 100% sure how exactly elementals work against armor but as far as I know they ignore % of armor and deal extra damage. You can use either corrosive+heat, radiation+viral, corrosive+cold, radiation+cold or viral+heat. It depends how you want to distribute damage. Alloy armor is very weak to radiation(75% extra damage, ignores 75% of armor) and ice does a bit more damage(25% extra damage, ignores 25% of armor), ferrite armor is very vulnerable to corrosive(75% extra dmg, ignores 75% of armor) and, to some extent, to toxin(25% extra dmg, ignores 25% armor). Barring Rollers, all Grineer units' health type is cloned flesh, very vulnerable(75% extra dmg) to viral and slightly to heat(25% extra dmg).
From my experience you should worry primarily about heavies. Light Grineer die fairly quickly regardless of elementals used.

As far as I know both toxin and cold is always less effective than viral so if you can try to combine these two into viral. Corrosive/radiation always beat Viral against their respective armor.

Choice of dmg depends on what you want. If you want to kill Bombards and Napalms quicker go for radiation as your main dmg and add viral if you can. If you can't use viral go for either toxin to dmg ferrite armor or cold to deal even more dmg to alloy. Though you'll struggle against Heavy Gunners and Hyekka Masters if you don't use any element they are weak to.
If you want to have easier time with Heavy Gunners and Hyekka Masters go for corrosive for your main damage type and use either cold for extra damage vs alloy or heat to for extra dmg against all units.
If you can reliably destroy most or entirety of armor (4x Corrosive Projection, Sonic Fracture, Avalanche, pure corrosive status Tysis) go for viral+heat.

You should build for crit if weapon has 20% or more base crit; otherwise it's not really worth it, unless you have good riven. With exception of melee crit builds are simple, you just throw +crit chance and +crit dmg mods. Just don't use any +crit chance -fire rate mods, they are never worth it.

For melee crit weapons I use (Primed) Pressure Point, Berserker, two elementals, Life Strike, Blood Rush, Body Count and Organ Shatter. If you want extra damage you can drop Life Strike for 3rd elemental. Just remember you must build up combo counter a bit.
For me melee needs >15% crit chance to be considered crit weapon.

For status build, corrosive+ice or corrosive+heat is always an answer vs Grineer. Corrosive procs permanently remove chunk of armor and enough of them will completely destroy it. Extra element is there for extra dmg and added status chance.

Vs Corpus I always use gas+electricity. Power of gas lies in it's proc- gas dmg itself is weak vs flesh(-25% dmg) but proc deals toxin AoE and inflicts strong toxin DoT; both bypass shields. Electricity deals extra dmg to robotics (+50%), proc does AoE dmg and offers some CC.

I try to figure status combo vs Infested but until now I never used status vs them. Ancient Healers absorb all procs from units in their aura range and Toxic Ancients give very high resistance to poison (100%) and gas (80%). 
Many Infested are innately resistant to toxin so even without Toxic Ancients gas is bad while Healers absorbing procs make only radiation viable but it deals reduced dmg to most infested and leaves you only with toxin, cold or viral as remaining elements- and Infested are resistant to all three.

I've been experimenting with blast+electricity but didn't have much time to test it. On paper it's OK because blast deals extra dmg to heavy Infested (+50% dmg to fossilized health; all infested heavies share it) and offers CC and no Infested have any resistances to electricity so AoE damage will help. If I could take Healers fast enough it worked pretty well but take it with a grain of salt. As I said, I didn't have time to test it well.

Another deadly status effect is slash- it deals very high armor ignoring DoT. It makes Tigris Prime extremely deadly weapon. Slash in general is best physical dmg type.

For status build weapon should have at the very least 15% status though 20% is better. You also need dual stat elementals(+elemental dmg +status chance). Pure status mods(Rifle Aptitude and Co) are trash, don't use them.

There is also hidden gimmick to shotguns- if you can reach 100% raw status (without taking multishot into account) every pellet will proc. Otherwise status on shotgun isn't that great.
For such build you need shotgun with at least 30% base status and four dual stat elementals. You can also try to use Nano-applicator or Shotgun Savvy but former is acolyte exclusive and I found it to be too limiting while latter has very weak effect.

Like always, melee is different. You can use 3 dual stat mods and Drifting Contact though be careful with Weeping Wounds- as far as I know there is no benefit from status effect chance than 100% so if weapon can reach around 90% without Weeping Wounds don't use it. Alternatively use Weeping Wounds and normal elemental mods. I don't have Condition Overload but on paper it's very good mod. Same goes for Healing Return.
I didn't use status melee builds much but from few tests I did they worked pretty well. Still, take it with a grain of salt.

Overall, status build will beat crit or pure damage build vs Grineer while against Corpus both are equal and crit and pure damage perform better vs Infested. Also, if you can, use Bane mods (+dmg vs faction), they are pretty powerful.

Sorry for lengthy post, it grew a lot longer than I wanted it to be :)

6 minutes ago, Slaviar said:

From my experience, best elemental combos for different factions differ if you build for status or not.

For non-status build, I'd say best combos are corrosive+heat vs Infested (don't bother with gas; tanky Infested are all weak to corrosive (+75% dmg) and light units are squishy as hell and vulnerable to heat(+25% dmg to infested health type, +50% dmg to infested flesh)) and toxin(+50% dmg vs flesh, -25% vs robotic) vs Corpus. You can add magnetic(+75% dmg to shields) or radiation(+25% dmg to robotic) but it's not mandatory. Toxin should kill them fast enough. Just remember to kill Shield Ospreys first. At higher level they seem to give damage reduction to Corpus units.

Grineer are more tricky. I'm not 100% sure how exactly elementals work against armor but as far as I know they ignore % of armor and deal extra damage. You can use either corrosive+heat, radiation+viral, corrosive+cold, radiation+cold or viral+heat. It depends how you want to distribute damage. Alloy armor is very weak to radiation(75% extra damage, ignores 75% of armor) and ice does a bit more damage(25% extra damage, ignores 25% of armor), ferrite armor is very vulnerable to corrosive(75% extra dmg, ignores 75% of armor) and, to some extent, to toxin(25% extra dmg, ignores 25% armor). Barring Rollers, all Grineer units' health type is cloned flesh, very vulnerable(75% extra dmg) to viral and slightly to heat(25% extra dmg).
From my experience you should worry primarily about heavies. Light Grineer die fairly quickly regardless of elementals used.

As far as I know both toxin and cold is always less effective than viral so if you can try to combine these two into viral. Corrosive/radiation always beat Viral against their respective armor.

Choice of dmg depends on what you want. If you want to kill Bombards and Napalms quicker go for radiation as your main dmg and add viral if you can. If you can't use viral go for either toxin to dmg ferrite armor or cold to deal even more dmg to alloy. Though you'll struggle against Heavy Gunners and Hyekka Masters if you don't use any element they are weak to.
If you want to have easier time with Heavy Gunners and Hyekka Masters go for corrosive for your main damage type and use either cold for extra damage vs alloy or heat to for extra dmg against all units.
If you can reliably destroy most or entirety of armor (4x Corrosive Projection, Sonic Fracture, Avalanche, pure corrosive status Tysis) go for viral+heat.

You should build for crit if weapon has 20% or more base crit; otherwise it's not really worth it, unless you have good riven. With exception of melee crit builds are simple, you just throw +crit chance and +crit dmg mods. Just don't use any +crit chance -fire rate mods, they are never worth it.

For melee crit weapons I use (Primed) Pressure Point, Berserker, two elementals, Life Strike, Blood Rush, Body Count and Organ Shatter. If you want extra damage you can drop Life Strike for 3rd elemental. Just remember you must build up combo counter a bit.
For me melee needs >15% crit chance to be considered crit weapon.

For status build, corrosive+ice or corrosive+heat is always an answer vs Grineer. Corrosive procs permanently remove chunk of armor and enough of them will completely destroy it. Extra element is there for extra dmg and added status chance.

Vs Corpus I always use gas+electricity. Power of gas lies in it's proc- gas dmg itself is weak vs flesh(-25% dmg) but proc deals toxin AoE and inflicts strong toxin DoT; both bypass shields. Electricity deals extra dmg to robotics (+50%), proc does AoE dmg and offers some CC.

I try to figure status combo vs Infested but until now I never used status vs them. Ancient Healers absorb all procs from units in their aura range and Toxic Ancients give very high resistance to poison (100%) and gas (80%). 
Many Infested are innately resistant to toxin so even without Toxic Ancients gas is bad while Healers absorbing procs make only radiation viable but it deals reduced dmg to most infested and leaves you only with toxin, cold or viral as remaining elements- and Infested are resistant to all three.

I've been experimenting with blast+electricity but didn't have much time to test it. On paper it's OK because blast deals extra dmg to heavy Infested (+50% dmg to fossilized health; all infested heavies share it) and offers CC and no Infested have any resistances to electricity so AoE damage will help. If I could take Healers fast enough it worked pretty well but take it with a grain of salt. As I said, I didn't have time to test it well.

Another deadly status effect is slash- it deals very high armor ignoring DoT. It makes Tigris Prime extremely deadly weapon. Slash in general is best physical dmg type.

For status build weapon should have at the very least 15% status though 20% is better. You also need dual stat elementals(+elemental dmg +status chance). Pure status mods(Rifle Aptitude and Co) are trash, don't use them.

There is also hidden gimmick to shotguns- if you can reach 100% raw status (without taking multishot into account) every pellet will proc. Otherwise status on shotgun isn't that great.
For such build you need shotgun with at least 30% base status and four dual stat elementals. You can also try to use Nano-applicator or Shotgun Savvy but former is acolyte exclusive and I found it to be too limiting while latter has very weak effect.

Like always, melee is different. You can use 3 dual stat mods and Drifting Contact though be careful with Weeping Wounds- as far as I know there is no benefit from status effect chance than 100% so if weapon can reach around 90% without Weeping Wounds don't use it. Alternatively use Weeping Wounds and normal elemental mods. I don't have Condition Overload but on paper it's very good mod. Same goes for Healing Return.
I didn't use status melee builds much but from few tests I did they worked pretty well. Still, take it with a grain of salt.

Overall, status build will beat crit or pure damage build vs Grineer while against Corpus both are equal and crit and pure damage perform better vs Infested. Also, if you can, use Bane mods (+dmg vs faction), they are pretty powerful.

Sorry for lengthy post, it grew a lot longer than I wanted it to be :)

Its okay for the long post, Im soaking all the knowledge like a sponge lol

And i knew i was gonna regret one day that i didnt get primed bane mods from baro when he was selling them 

1 hour ago, (PS4)kompesak45 said:

Thank you, Tenno.

I'll share my loadout with you:

Primary: Tigris prime with this build

100% status + Rad/viral and high slash means it'll work against just about any enemy of any faction besides maybe Sentients and Shadow Stalker: Slash proc damage ignores shields and armor while viral halves their HP directly for a few second, you can definitely guess what happens when you put a weapon with abysmal base damage, a status effect that deals a % of base damage directly to health ignoring armor and shields, and an HP reduction of 50% together. I never change elements on this one and I can still one/two shot (if we consider both shells one shot) basically everything: If they don't die from the shot's damage, they will either bleed to death or be CC'd and debuffed long enough for me to follow up with another volley that will most likely kill them. The only con about this weapon is its tiny magazine and relatively large reload time even with seeking fury. You can replace P. Point blank with regular point blank and Sweeping Serration with... I dunno, either Blaze or a 90% elemental I suppose.

Secondary: Akstiletto Prime with this build for corpus and this one for everyone else.

For when you can't get in range to Tigris them in the face. I only use heat because I have P. Heated charge, but you can do Corrosive Cold if you wish. This is the weapon I use to strip enemies of their armor or halve their shields. So far the only times it hasn't worked for me is when I forgot to switch builds and proceeded to deal magnetic damage to grineers. It'll take a bit longer to kill heavies than the Tigris, but it'll be your only choice at mid and long range.

Melee

Put that thing away and shoot people in the face instead. Get this thing and build it like this, then channel and shoot someone in the face when you're low on health.

If you want to kill people with melee, however, I suppose a Galatine Prime or War with Body Count, Blood Rush and Berserker will do fine. If you have Maiming Strike, Use an Atterax or Secura Lecta for a metric ton of damage and range on slide attacks. Haven't tried the Telos Boltace, but I hear that's good with Maiming Strike as well.

This is what I personally use, you might want to switch the element to radiation or magnetic depending on what you're going against, however the only times I use melee consistently is when I'm fighting low-mid level enemies that are going to die in one spin attack once the combo starts to rise and the red crits start raining.

Or you can take a Banshee built for Sonar and one-shot everything with an unmodded MK1-Kunai.

Edited by Sky_Flare

8 minutes ago, Sky_Flare said:

I'll share my loadout with you:

Primary: Tigris prime with this build

100% status + Rad/viral and high slash means it'll work against just about any enemy of any faction besides maybe Sentients and Shadow Stalker: Slash proc damage ignores shields and armor while viral halves their HP directly for a few second, you can definitely guess what happens when you put a weapon with abysmal base damage, a status effect that deals a % of base damage directly to health ignoring armor and shields, and an HP reduction of 50% together. I never change elements on this one and I can still one/two shot (if we consider both shells one shot) basically everything: If they don't die from the shot's damage, they will either bleed to death or be CC'd and debuffed long enough for me to follow up with another volley that will most likely kill them. The only con about this weapon is its tiny magazine and relatively large reload time even with seeking fury. You can replace P. Point blank with regular point blank and Sweeping Serration with... I dunno, either Blaze or a 90% elemental I suppose.

Secondary: Akstiletto Prime with this build for corpus and this one for everyone else.

For when you can't get in range to Tigris them in the face. I only use heat because I have P. Heated charge, but you can do Corrosive Cold if you wish. This is the weapon I use to strip enemies of their armor or halve their shields. So far the only times it hasn't worked for me is when I forgot to switch builds and proceeded to deal magnetic damage to grineers. It'll take a bit longer to kill heavies than the Tigris, but it'll be your only choice at mid and long range.

Melee

Put that thing away and shoot people in the face instead. Get this thing and build it like this, then channel and shoot someone in the face when you're low on health.

If you want to kill people with melee, however, I suppose a Galatine Prime or War with Body Count, Blood Rush and Berserker will do fine. If you have Maiming Strike, Use an Atterax or Secura Lecta for a metric ton of damage and range on slide attacks. Haven't tried the Telos Boltace, but I hear that's good with Maiming Strike as well.

This is what I personally use, you might want to switch the element to radiation or magnetic depending on what you're going against, however the only times I use melee consistently is when I'm fighting low-mid level enemies that are going to die in one spin attack once the combo starts to rise and the red crits start raining.

Definetly gonna take note for primary and secondary, but i really love melee in this game and i just gotta stick to it. But when things get real, i want to know i can rely on my primary and/or secondary. Thanks for sharing :)

7 minutes ago, (PS4)kompesak45 said:

And i knew i was gonna regret one day that i didnt get primed bane mods from baro when he was selling them 

Unless you have a huge stockpile of Credits and Endo, don't feel too bad about that.

Primed Mods cost a lot of both to rank up high enough to really be different than the non-primed versions.

Getting 10-rank-mods to 8 can be relatively costly but is also not too bad. Rank 9 and 10 are very expensive and with Prime mods much more so.

So then ranking up 3 primed mods all at once? That'd cost a lot, haha

If you want to know some numbers-

Spoiler

mod-                                                     endo           credits

10 rank uncommon:
rank 6                                                    1260          60,858
rank 8                                                    5100         246,330
rank 9                                                 10,220        493,626
rank 10                                               20,460        988,218

Primed mod:
rank 6                                                     2520        121,716
rank 8                                                  10,200       492,660
rank 9                                                  20,440       987,252
rank 10                                                40,920     1,976,436

So yeah, unless/until you have a ton of credits and endo, don't worry too much about that stuff.

Cheers!
~R~

11 minutes ago, Rolunde said:

Unless you have a huge stockpile of Credits and Endo, don't feel too bad about that.

Primed Mods cost a lot of both to rank up high enough to really be different than the non-primed versions.

Getting 10-rank-mods to 8 can be relatively costly but is also not too bad. Rank 9 and 10 are very expensive and with Prime mods much more so.

So then ranking up 3 primed mods all at once? That'd cost a lot, haha

If you want to know some numbers-

Hide contents

mod-                                                     endo           credits

10 rank uncommon:
rank 6                                                    1260          60,858
rank 8                                                    5100         246,330
rank 9                                                 10,220        493,626
rank 10                                               20,460        988,218

Primed mod:
rank 6                                                     2520        121,716
rank 8                                                  10,200       492,660
rank 9                                                  20,440       987,252
rank 10                                                40,920     1,976,436

So yeah, unless/until you have a ton of credits and endo, don't worry too much about that stuff.

Cheers!
~R~

Ah yes, good point ^^