Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tennogen Inequality

What make you think Console=PC on how DE treat/manage them? No, they're not equal for really long time.

You might want to gather a lot of console players and fight for equality, DE definitely have no obligation to comply with a single player demand.

27 minutes ago, Volinus7 said:

You might want to gather a lot of console players and fight for equality, 

And then bring your grievances to the platform owners (like Valve, Sony and Microsoft) before you get angry with DE, who is probably bound by miles of 'agreements'.

You know we folks at vanilla pc client would trade our places for yours anyday right? A 'skimpy' amount it more than nothing.

Don't act spoiled please.

Spoiler

I get a bit triggered by these topics, sorry. I really wanted that limbo tennogen helm :(

5 minutes ago, Evanescent said:

You know we folks at vanilla pc client would trade our places for yours anyday right? A 'skimpy' amount it more than nothing.

Don't act spoiled please.

Hide contents

I get a bit triggered by these topics, sorry. I really wanted that limbo tennogen helm :(

Can't you guys migrate to the Steam platform?

2 minutes ago, ComCray said:

Can't you guys migrate to the Steam platform?

We have our reasons. Some are petty, some are major.

Like for me, I don't agree with Steam's ToS and business ethos. I also prefer getting the game first-hand through DE rather than through another client.

7 minutes ago, Evanescent said:

We have our reasons. Some are petty, some are major.

Like for me, I don't agree with Steam's ToS and business ethos. I also prefer getting the game first-hand through DE rather than through another client.

Oooh-keee... fair enough... I guess... 

Does sound a bit "I SO want that hat from that store I said I'm not going to visit, ever!!, I wish they would sell it on the street"-ish though... ;)

edit: I understand your objections though. I used to have plenty. But somewhere along the road I decided that this was one battle I didn't want on my plate. 

Edit2: you DO know that we get our updates through the WF launcher and not through the steam client? I should actually try and run the app outside of steam (since I know where the executables are) to see if the client is really different from the 'vanilla' version. Just because I'm a curious human.

Edited by ComCray

8 minutes ago, ComCray said:

Oooh-keee... fair enough... I guess... 

Does sound a bit "I SO want that hat from that store I said I'm not going to visit, ever!!, I wish they would sell it on the street"-ish though... ;)

I realise that, hence why you don't see me posting topics like this one. I do try to think up solutions and shepherd some discussions into making it possible but that's not likely to happen. I can live without some digital pixels in my life, especially if it's me throwing the wrench into the system.

edit: I understand your objections though. I used to have plenty. But somewhere along the road I decided that this was one battle I didn't want on my plate. 

I am glad you do.

Edit2: you DO know that we get our updates through the WF launcher and not through the steam client? I should actually try and run the app outside of steam (since I know where the executables are) to see if the client is really different from the 'vanilla' version. Just because I'm a curious human.

I do, yes, but I would like to do as little with steam as possible. 

11 hours ago, (Xbox One)Rey Za BurreI said:

This inequality between console and PC players when it comes to cosmetics is ridiculous. How about  just creating a community creations program for console players only? That way console players get their items and PC gets theirs. I'm sick and tired of this whole, oh we get tennogen items, but only some of those items, crap. Just keep that stuff over there on PC if it's such a trouble to get on console. I don't like people being skimpy with me.

Oh and another thing, to certain people, please don't come to me talking about things like "Prestige skins" or whatever they have on PS. The "exclusive" things we get are quite crappy to be completely honest. You cant even compare the two. 

Do you know anything at all about how tennogen items are brought over to the consoles?  Serious question here.
The main thing is that DE has to buy the rights to sell the tennogen items on consoles since the creators see no profits from them.  Not all content creators agree and in those cases DE legally can't sell them to you.  And it takes time to work through those agreements and such.
Further DE has to do more work with Steam due to using the steam marketplace and more rights issues there, which takes even more time.

DE gets you what it can when it can, but it takes time and money for DE to be able to move the items over.

Second: Do you know how hard it would be to roll their own solution/version of the steam marketplace?  Even if it was just for consoles?
There is a ton of work there, and you're asking them to put hundreds of work hours and thousands of dollars into something that has no promise of a good RoI.  And that's just development not maintaining it.
Basically asking for a lot of work that could potentially end up doing nothing.

10 hours ago, --Q--Voltage said:

I do not know why DE used steam in the first place. Why not just create an extension on the website to submit modeling and have design council or a forum for people to vote on skins.... and then make them cost plat and pay the player in plat cuts (tradeable plat).

Why did they use steam?  Because its a proven solution that is easily available.
Talking from an actual programmers perspective here: Why would DE spend the time and money to basically re-create the wheel on something that already exists, works well, and is easily available to a massive player base already?  And easily available and visible from the same place where you start the game up?
And that's without even trying to figure out how much work they would have to do to properly support things world-wide, especially the contracts/legal part.  Steam already has that done and handles it which saves even more work hours and money that DE can better spend elsewhere.
EDIT: To also add onto this the possible reach for voting for tennogen items goes well beyond the relatively small amount of people that are regularly on the forums and such.  I don't think a lot of people would be happy to have all of their future tennogen items that are voted on only by the minority of the games population that frequents the forums.  Most people I talk to deal with the game through the steam launcher and vote on items because its right there on the library page for it and never visit the forums at all.

Also: Back when we did have a short stint of tennogen items via plat and not through steam we had a pitiful amount of content.  Why?  Because why would someone want to spend dozens of hours working on something and then get absolutely nothing in return for it?
If DE just came out and said "Yeah, absolutely no real money will be paid to tennogen creators going forwards!  Instead they get ingame currency only!" you would see a massive exodus of the good creators.
Contrary to your belief most of the creators would like to be paid for their work in something other than what is essentially monopoly dollars.
And no, plat can't be turned into real cash due to how the discounts are handed out at amounts of up to 75% off, meaning someone who buys $200 of plat could have paid as little as $50, and that could lead to DE losing money.

In short: There is a ton more work in rolling out their own version of the steam workshop than you think (both logistically and legally, let alone actual programming work), and most of the creators would prefer to be paid in real money as opposed to monopoly dollars.

Edited by Tsukinoki

Shouldn't all of us be thrilled that the deal finally went through to make Tennogen available to all platforms?

They have talked about wanting that to happen since the very first batch.

If anything, things can only get better from now on.

10 hours ago, (PS4)hahajake said:

by your logic, since beta players got excal prime, you dont want any primes since you didnt get excal prime too.

I actually have a friend that thinks exactly this... it makes no sense.

Edited by Reidmaster

3 hours ago, arch111 said:

Shouldn't all of us be thrilled that the deal finally went through to make Tennogen available to all platforms?

They have talked about wanting that to happen since the very first batch.

If anything, things can only get better from now on.

Exactly, there are some things I definitely would've rather been brought to console first but I realize that it's not just something they can snap their fingers at and it's done.

3 hours ago, Tsukinoki said:

Do you know anything at all about how tennogen items are brought over to the consoles?  Serious question here.
The main thing is that DE has to buy the rights to sell the tennogen items on consoles since the creators see no profits from them.  Not all content creators agree and in those cases DE legally can't sell them to you.  And it takes time to work through those agreements and such.
Further DE has to do more work with Steam due to using the steam marketplace and more rights issues there, which takes even more time.

DE gets you what it can when it can, but it takes time and money for DE to be able to move the items over.

Second: Do you know how hard it would be to roll their own solution/version of the steam marketplace?  Even if it was just for consoles?
There is a ton of work there, and you're asking them to put hundreds of work hours and thousands of dollars into something that has no promise of a good RoI.  And that's just development not maintaining it.

Why did they use steam?  Because its a proven solution that is easily available.
Talking from an actual programmers perspective here: Why would DE spend the time and money to basically re-create the wheel on something that already exists, works well, and is easily available to a massive player base already?  And easily available and visible from the same place where you start the game up?
And that's without even trying to figure out how much work they would have to do to properly support things world-wide, especially the contracts/legal part.  Steam already has that done and handles it which saves even more work hours and money that DE can better spend elsewhere.
EDIT: To also add onto this the possible reach for voting for tennogen items goes well beyond the relatively small amount of people that are regularly on the forums and such.  I don't think a lot of people would be happy to have all of their future tennogen items that are voted on only by the minority of the games population that frequents the forums.  Most people I talk to deal with the game through the steam launcher and vote on items because its right there on the library page for it and never visit the forums at all.

Also: Back when we did have a short stint of tennogen items via plat and not through steam we had a pitiful amount of content.  Why?  Because why would someone want to spend dozens of hours working on something and then get absolutely nothing in return for it?
If DE just came out and said "Yeah, absolutely no real money will be paid to tennogen creators going forwards!  Instead they get ingame currency only!" you would see a massive exodus of the good creators.
Contrary to your belief most of the creators would like to be paid for their work in something other than what is essentially monopoly dollars.
And no, plat can't be turned into real cash due to how the discounts are handed out at amounts of up to 75% off, meaning someone who buys $200 of plat could have paid as little as $50, and that could lead to DE losing money.

In short: There is a ton more work in rolling out their own version of the steam workshop than you think (both logistically and legally, let alone actual programming work), and most of the creators would prefer to be paid in real money as opposed to monopoly dollars.

I also doubt Sony or Microsoft would allow a program to make tennogen items on their consoles. If they could even handle it well tbh, I play console because I really hate keyboard and mouse but I realize there are things I can and will miss out on because of it. DE doesn't have to give us any of the tennogen items and I'm glad they do because some of them are amazing. (Although I don't understand how the graxx skins (other than Mesa) keep getting voted in.) 

15 hours ago, (Xbox One)Rey Za BurreI said:

This inequality between console and PC players when it comes to cosmetics is ridiculous. How about  just creating a community creations program for console players only? That way console players get their items and PC gets theirs. I'm sick and tired of this whole, oh we get tennogen items, but only some of those items, crap. Just keep that stuff over there on PC if it's such a trouble to get on console. I don't like people being skimpy with me.

Oh and another thing, to certain people, please don't come to me talking about things like "Prestige skins" or whatever they have on PS. The "exclusive" things we get are quite crappy to be completely honest. You cant even compare the two. 

You don't speak for me. Besides while PC Players have to pay cash money for Tennogen items, we Xbone players can pay just platinum. Which means we can get Tennogen for free by selling off stuff.

13 hours ago, Tsukinoki said:

Yes I do know, which is why I said keep that stuff over there on PC if it's so hard to get to console! Do you read? And you want to talk about the cost when DE is out here giving free money to Youtubers just to say some good things about Warframe? A game they don't even play, nor have cared to play, but you want to talk about whats costly? Really? Anyways, I'm not going to sit here and argue with you people over my opinion.

Also, entitlement? Yo, how about you guys think up an "original" snarky remark! Nobody feels entitled to anything. If you're going to do something, don't half do it. Something that DE has been guilty of for the longest. Which is why the game is in the state its in, but thats a topic for another day. I'd rather be without tennogen on console or paying(because people do buy things on console), then have to deal with this.  

Edited by (XB1)Rey Za BurreI

3 hours ago, (Xbox One)Rey Za BurreI said:

Yes I do know, which is why I said keep that stuff over there on PC if it's so hard to get to console! Do you read? And you want to talk about the cost when DE is out here giving free money to Youtubers just to say some good things about Warframe? A game they don't even play, nor have cared to play, but you want to talk about whats costly? Really? Anyways, I'm not going to sit here and argue with you people over my opinion.

Also, entitlement? Yo, how about you guys think up an "original" snarky remark! Nobody feels entitled to anything. If you're going to do something, don't half do it. Something that DE has been guilty of for the longest. Which is why the game is in the state its in, but thats a topic for another day. I'd rather be without tennogen on console or paying(because people do buy things on console), then have to deal with this.  

I love how you assume DE pays youtubers to say good things about the game.

Where did you get the idea from? Because AngeryJoe gave it a second look after his fan base poked him enough? Psst, he also went to TennoCon last year too so obviously he has no interest in the game right?

On 3/3/2017 at 3:22 AM, SilvaDreams said:

I love how you assume DE pays youtubers to say good things about the game.

Where did you get the idea from? Because AngeryJoe gave it a second look after his fan base poked him enough? Psst, he also went to TennoCon last year too so obviously he has no interest in the game right?

I didn't assume anything, I know, and it wasn't just Angry Joe and on the topic of assumption, you somehow assume just because someone went to a convention, that they play the game, like really play it. Try again. lmao smh

49 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Rey Za BurreI said:

I didn't assume anything, I know, and it wasn't just Angry Joe and on the topic of assumption, you somehow assume just because someone went to a convention, that they play the game, like really play it. Try again. lmao smh

Right you magically know.

As far as AngeryJoe goes even if he did play the game he probably has a separate account and tells no one about it. He had virtually every item in the game thrown at him in mass by his viewers, not a single thing from DE.

38 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

Right you magically know.

As far as AngeryJoe goes even if he did play the game he probably has a separate account and tells no one about it. He had virtually every item in the game thrown at him in mass by his viewers, not a single thing from DE.

Magically? Right? Just like his neverland Warframe account you just thought up. I guess what they say about people on the forums is true. I'm starting to realize that.