Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Best Defense - Melee Creation Contest!

[DE]Megan

KV7jKfB.jpg

Faction: Grinner

Grip Type: Heavy Blade

Description:  While the grineer possess more advanced tool, these shovels remain useful for mining smaller pockets of materials. The heated blade provides for quick excavation for the grineer work force. This tool also provides a small, yet futile amount hope in the waking fear of a Tenno attack.

vara__warframe_melee_weapon_contest_entr

"A branch imbued with deadly toxins"

Faction: Tenno

Grip type: Staff

Unique abilities-
The central orb can be thrown and will remain stationary, possessing an eerie glowing aura around it with similar size and shape to a Nullifier's bubble. The orb pulsates, inflicting toxic damage to enemies within this aura until its timer runs out and returns to the player or is recalled.
When channeling, a beam can be fired from within the central orb. The beam, like the orb, deals toxic damage.
If the central orb is deployed, the beam ability can not be activated.

Edited by TheShinyMagnet
Added a little bit of text about it being a branch because I had some room so why not :D

1 hour ago, (PS4)NRave said:

KV7jKfB.jpg

Faction: Grinner

Grip Type: Heavy Blade

Description:  While the grineer possess more advanced tool, these shovels remain useful for mining smaller pockets of materials. The heated blade provides for quick excavation for the grineer work force. This tool also provides a small, yet futile amount hope in the waking fear of a Tenno attack.

sorry man you are 26 days late 

Mutalist Incussus

Grip type: Gunblade

Faction: Infested/Corpus

Description:

The result of an Infestation breach inside a Corpus propulsion lab, this Infested gunblade can fire powerful, accurate shots for heavy foes and short bursts of flak for close-ranged opponents.

• Charge attack fires an accurate, powerful shot with a long charge time (~1.5 seconds)
  • Upon meeting a certain requirement (either a critical hit, a status proc, a headshot, or whatever else DE deems is appropriate), the weapon transforms for a few seconds.
  • Activated form fires quick burst of flak with a high spread and a very low charge time.

K3XERPT.png

BkmPDtr.png

Edited by ManiacalPotato

Name: Shokuzah

Faction: Infested

Grip: Dual Dagger

A writhing mass of infested tentacles with one extra thick one edged in two rows of sharp chitin type teeth. In Use: will act like daggers doing slash damage. Sheathed: curls into a spiral and clings to the arm it is attached to. Note* Ideally range would increase with damage/combo/ or channeling.

“While using this weapon you may believe that you are griping the oozing mass, but in reality the weapon may have better hold of you instead.”

shokuzah_technical_drawing_by_springingf

shokuzah_by_springingfree-db3wnwy.png

Edited by Zybeth

Hello everyone! here's my submission, hope you like it!

Name: Garm & Grendal

Faction: Infested

Grip: Sword and shield

Description: Garm is a brutal weapon, this sword made of bone and nano-spore growths tears flesh as it infects it with an extremely toxic poison.

Grendal is a nasty bio-shield. The back of the shield has a stomach where the acid is stored and a tentacle that wraps around the hand of the user when held. Grendal packs a nasty surprise, after blocking enough damage, this infested shield will vomit acid on the attacker.

So holding Grendal is like holding your very own Cacodemon while chopping things up with Garm :D

P.S: Edited the description to have less than a 100 words.

DHcrzxq.jpg

Edited by erebuscommando
clean image upload

KKSviMo.jpg

Name: Leetohk
Faction: Grineer
Grip Type: Nunchaku

Description: A Grinner-based nunchaku developed for the Tenno Space Program that sends involuntary Grineers and other hostiles into space. Originally a Grineer mining tool armed with explosive charges, the Leetohk has been appropriated by the Tenno for their cause.  This nunchaku's innate Blast damage and its relatively high base status make it ideal for crowd control. Handle with care--this is a blast to use.

zPoFDSo.jpg

Faction: Corpus

Brief description: Sword  and shield grip type. Blade can end right after the holding point (Was originally a short spear). Shield unlike other 2 sword and shield weapons does not transform when used, instead emits a small nullifier-esc energy shield that fades the further from the shield it goes.

tumblr_onkq1vD9XY1uw7i75o1_1280.png

Rex Hammer

Grip Type: Hammer (Shattering Storm)

Description: Though classified as a "hammer" it's main focus of damage is puncture with slash and impact being equal for the rest (70/15/15). Charged attacks light up the energy portions of the weapon brightly while in a normal state they're faint. A heavy attack forces the hammer forward, stabbing any directly infront, before savagely ripping it back for the teeth to tear apart the victims.

"Whatever this fossil/bone came from, I'd hate to see it still alive if it's not already dead. Or worse, infested..."

z8VpFNe.jpg

Faction: Tenno

Brief Description: The Phosphoryst is a hybrid tenno weapon that consists of design elements from both the morning star and flail in one. Its name derives from the greek word phosphorous, which means morning star. The weapon would use the hammer stance or the whip stance, depending on the stance the user applies and the stats would change accordingly. (suggested stats listed) The cord is wrapped around the bottom of the handle while in hammer mode but feeds through the bottom when extended into whip mode as the shaft breaks up into multiple pieces.

Whip Stance: Burning Wasp - D polarity

Hammer Stance: Shattering Storm - D polarity

Faction: Grineer

Name: Jat Puk

Grip: Fist

A one-punch, jet-powered, foe-blasting Grineer gauntlet set. Replaces Powerfists currently-equiped Ankyros.

Three protrusions on the front blast foes with residual energy with each connecting shot.

(if possible to script) Each punch in the air activates gauntlet jets, propelling the Warframe forward towards its target.

2IsKhlL.jpg

tFF6xgB.jpg

Edited by lexandritte

0329170548a_zpsdmgr7dew.jpg

(the blade is exaggerated in width and depth to show detail)

Schräde: the Void Rapier

Faction: Orokin

Grip: Rapier

Brief Description: Instead of dealing only any secondary status effect, this rapier might deal either of the primary statuses, or both, instead. For example: while possessing only its natural radiation damage, each status proc might inflict only radiation, only heat, only shock, or both heat and shock simultaneously. 

---------------------

Less Brief Description:

This rapier, forged from a single seamless piece of forma, is empowered by a reservoir of void traces which provide strange qualities to the bite of its blade. The hilt, resembling a void relic, houses a large amount of power, which sends arcs of electricity spiralling up the blade like a Jacob's Ladder. 

The power of the Void and the transformational nature of the forma from which it is forged leave the blade in a state of constant quantum fluctuation. The blade is radioactive, but may, at any time, flare with fire or crackle with electricity instead.

In untold histories, the Orokin forged Schräde to find truth in uncertainty.Today, let us take up this blade, and wield the power of the Void to pierce the veil that time and shadow have cast over our vision.

---------------------

Pleading:

We have only one rapier at this time, and it is terrible at status. This other would simultaneously be a fitting counterpart, and a unique addition to the game. With a working name meaning 'thin' or 'wretched', and semantically evoking Schrödinger's classic thought experiment, this blade would be a worthy addition to any arsenal.

---------------------

Nonsense:

They say the weapons in this contest are simultaneously this weapon, or this weapon, or this weapon, but also that weapon and certainly never just one weapon. That is, until April. And at that point all the possibilities collapse, each one falling away until the forum cracks open and exposes one, singular victor. 

---------------------

Well Wishes:

Thank you for your consideration.

Good luck, Tenno.

Edited by (PS4)Alyxandeyr
Spelling

Name: Khoraz
Faction: Infested
Grip Type: Dagger (Can be Sword and Greatsword, just need to adjust the proportions of grip/blade)

Description:  Living weapon with a gazing eye and pulsating heart. Blade itself is bone-like and shaped a bit like khopesh, with its blunt side covered in infested flesh. Several tubes span from these pieces to an eye. There most of them gather in fleshy grip, going down to the pulsating heart at the very bottom. Others are opened, having infested tendrils grow from the inside.

NmfystR.jpg

On 3/23/2017 at 5:30 PM, (Xbox One)BaysideKoala36 said:

I hope this works.  I am posting an entry for consideration in the melee weapon contest.  I hope you like.  A little different and hopefully fun to use. The coloring is kinda grab out of the box random, as I am completely colorblind, so if they are a bit weird.....sorry.

Reposting for a last look.  Would love some feedback.  A brutal up close weapon that does nasty slash damage and when thrown, shields follow a parallel path cutting down opponents.

14 hours ago, (Xbox One)NY PANTS said:

Crown "Blade of kings"

Weapon type: Heavy blade

-" The Tenno who wield it shall be known as kings... may the sword lead and the power follow..." -Unknown

The crown is a tenno blade with primary slash damage weapon with a devastating power. This sword can only be wielded by the Tenno that prove themselves worthy. The crown works with heavy blade stances and does the combos normally when pressing the melee button normally. Crowns special ability works like Nezha's Blazing Chakram. By pressing the charged melee button and releasing it your warframe will launch the crown in a straight line (leaving a trace of energy), and by pressing the melee button again you teleport to the swords location (Can be in front of an enemy, or after going trough it). If the sword hits an enemy while airborne it will go trough it dealing damage and grant status effect. When teleported, your warfare will grab the sword and if wanted (by pressing the melee button again) perform a deadly slash.

k9jKn9a.jpg

XZqdoAe.jpg

So far i think this is the best melee weapon design i have seen it is very descriptive and has many draws from which you can get a very good idea of how the weapon works, i would really like to see this one ingame

LOOMIS - "A salvaged frequency transmitter, repurposed"

FACTION TYPE: CORPUS
GRIP TYPE: MACHETE

DESCRIPTION:

This weapon can be used even while the pulse is ricocheting.

The weapon animation is pulses of energy rings moving along a baton growing larger and then smaller.

The charged attack is a mix of Zenistar and Glaive mechanics.

msPQhtD.jpg

Sadly I don't have a computer so I'm doing this from my phone and I hope it works. But this is my weapon, it's a spear and shield combo which I know boards for automatic disqualification because there isn't a proper grip for it. But there is a sword and shield grip so that why I say boarders that fine line. 

I call it the Spirta and akiles. The spear is just a simple twist on the spira attached to a polearm like the bo. But my pride and joy is the akiles my orkin themed shield that folds up when not being used.

My twist of lore for the weapon "the Spirta and akiles mostly seen during orkin ceremonies but still equally deadly in combat"

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7GvhQG8v0X1bVFEQkt2V3daVGM/view?usp=drivesdk