Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mesa Shooting Gallery

Cimbro94

Question

HI there,

i have a question about Mesa's Shooting Gallery;

It says that the skill gives you/ your teammates, a damage buff.

My question is about this damage buff: is additive to bonuses like serration/hornet strike or is it a total damage multiplier?

8 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, Cimbro94 said:

My question is about this damage buff: is additive to bonuses like serration/hornet strike or is it a total damage multiplier?

From the Wiki:

• Shooting Gallery grants an additive bonus that's applied to your weapon's base damage...

Though the Wiki doesn't address what you're asking specifically based on that wording the answer is yes.

19 minutes ago, Arcainyx said:

From the Wiki:

• Shooting Gallery grants an additive bonus that's applied to your weapon's base damage...

Though the Wiki doesn't address what you're asking specifically based on that wording the answer is yes.

It seems a bit pityful for a damage buff that is only for you and one teammate at a time, so i'm a bit confused and I'm wondering why is so low...

15 minutes ago, Cimbro94 said:

It seems a bit pityful for a damage buff that is only for you and one teammate at a time, so i'm a bit confused and I'm wondering why is so low...

The full definition for that section reads:

• Shooting Gallery grants an additive bonus that's applied to your weapon's base damage. For example, +30% power strength will increase the damage bonus to 0.25 × 1.3 = 32.5%. For an unmodified weapon that inflicts 250 base damage, Shooting Gallery will increase that value to 250 × (1 + 0.325) = 331.25.

If your weapon is modded the damage will be increased.  If the Mesa that activated the buff that is on you has more then 30% Power Strength the damage will be increased.  Also this buff adds a CC component jamming weapons/stunning enemies within range.  Finally, as you mentioned, the full buff is active on Mesa for the duration of the buff and switches to her allies for the duration of the buff bringing with it all of its benefits.  It may not be the best buff ever but it's not bad for what it does.  It's one of the reasons why some people say Mesa is tanky.

If you're just running map stuff the only thing you need to worry about it is the CC. Which is pretty insignificant compared to the CC other frames grant.

For that reason you're best bet is to ignore it mostly and use only Peacemaker and Shatter Shield.

On 9.3.2017 at 0:26 AM, Arcainyx said:

It's one of the reasons why some people say Mesa is tanky.

The other is shatter shield which adds up to 90% damage reduction.

Thing is that the jamming is rather potent stunlock Cc that last for a while and affects infested as well (for some reason).

It's the combination that makes her quite tanky. Both can be combined with rage to *get energy on reduced bullet damage and *avoid damage alltogether while shooting gallery is active. Her kit is not to be underrestimated.

The damage buff is lack luster compared to something like Roar but in the end it's still a damage buff and because of it's dual nature purpose it's still well worth using which is the most important part.

You can also "tune" the CC portion of the ability by deciding which range value to use depending on your interest. Less range will allow Lasso to prioritize nearby enemies while more range will function as an random ambient CC. The less range you give Lasso the more reliable the CC becomes as there's less targets to choose from.  It's a preference choice on your play style and needs.

Mesa's 95% Damage reduction doesn't hold out forever either. This is when her Shield augment and Lasso come in. She's very susceptible to Radial Damage. Not so much melee as what's commonly thought. Jamming the gun of a Hyeka Master or Napalm will save your life past lvl 80 as Mesa otherwise has 0 Defense against these types of attacks and they will easily one shot her.

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 6:08 PM, Cimbro94 said:

It's not the primary function of the ability. It's just a nicety. The main function of Shooting Gallery is a PBAoE CC. This is much more significant and why you actually keep the shield up at all times. It keeps AoE weapons from wrecking you at close range and it keeps melee enemies (like kavats) from hassling you (mostly).

The damage boost is just gravy. Very thin gravy, but gravy.