The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tigris Prime Status Build - Last mod slot

(PSN)HSomDevil

Question

23 answers to this question

Btw, Radiation and Viral are very underwhelming for a 100% status build, since there is no benefit for more than 1 proc at a time of either Radiation or Viral. 100% status builds are mainly useful with Corrosive for super fast armor stripping and with the base Slash damage that won't change regardless of element.

For your question, go with Seeking Fury. What Tigris lacks the most is the capability to kill many opponents at once, so punch trough (+reload) is very important.

Edited by -BM-Leonhart

11 minutes ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

Btw, Radiation and Viral are very underwhelming for a 100% status build, since there is no benefit for more than 1 proc at a time of either Radiation or Viral. 100% status builds are mainly useful with Corrosive for super fast armor stripping and with the base Slash damage that won't change regardless of element.

For your question, go with Seeking Fury. What Tigris lacks the most is the capability to kill many opponents at once, so punch trough (+reload) is very important.

9 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

I think he didn't look for the damage types, he only wanted to show the mods.

True, I haven't yet fiddled around with damage types... So Corrosive+Blast is the way to go?

And Seeking Fury it is then.

-Thank you, much appreciated.

I would test out all the mods in the aforementioned free slot you have with that build.

Personally i would use Blaze for the added 60% flat damage ramp it gives, but would suggest trying that for build A and Seeking fury in load out B as you may find the Punchthrough effective for Radiating multiple targets. Test in missions and run with the one you find most effective for your playstyle. This is half the reason i think we get 3 weapon configs to be set up on the fly for easy mission load out switching. 

In addition i run a slightly different set up to you focusing on Blast and Corrosive and a small amount of  Punchthrough  although not as good in the outright DPS as the Viral Rad build i find it works for me, you could always use set up C for different status procs incase Viral and Radiation proves troublesome for certain mobs.

My current build

Warframe0872_zpshpzd9hjl.jpg

14 minutes ago, Ixxolos said:

My current build

You should play with 100% status chance. Status chance on shotguns is divided per pellet... until you get 100%. Tigris Prime shoots 10 pellets per shot so you only have a 9.8% status chance per pellet. However when you have 100% status chance all pellets have 100%.

• 50% status chance = 5% chance per pellet
  • 70% status chance = 7% chance per pellet
  • 99% status chance = 9,9% chance per pellet
  • 100% status chance = 100% chance per pellet (all of them procs)

Ask DE why this works like that.

13 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

I whould strongly advise to avoid this build. Not using the 100%Status on the Tigris is a HUUUUUGE wasted opportunity.

So switch out Blaze for Scattering Inferno sacrifice some dps an boom back to 100% all builds are subjective to ones personal play style after all.

Edited by Ixxolos
nob move on my part

Just now, Ixxolos said:

So switch out Frigid Blast for Scattering Inferno sacrifice the Blast proc for a Heat one an boom back to 100% all builds are subjective to ones personal play style after all.

Sure, but you are basically using a Screwdriver to hammer in a Nail. It works, yo just don't make the MOST of your tool.

Sahrith explained why status is such a great asset of the Tigris Prime.

37 minutes ago, (PS4)auwsomestgamer said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Radiation + Viral is much more effective on the tigris at higher levels. Search it on youtube

There seems to be some debate about this but from what I searched it seems Viral coupled with the insane slash procs from Tigris might slightly edge out the corrosive+blast build.

Then again, you can stack corrosive so it might be better against bosses, I dunno.

what Bluepheonix said go with blaze as the boss killer and Seeking fury for mobs, i use the 100% proc with blast and corrosive and use seeking fury since its kills most thing in one go and otherwise the procs will do it and its a great thing for mowing down bigger packs

31 minutes ago, bluepheonix13 said:

For a Tigris Prime as boss killer, definitely go with Blaze.

As a bosskiller i'd take an utterly different weapon. Since quite a few bosses are Status immune the Tigris entirely looses it's biggest advantage.

No that we're here I wanna ask something else about the status proc.

Wiki reads as follows:

When both physical and elemental damage types are present on a weapon (such as a base physical damage weapon with elemental mods equipped), physical damage types are weighted four times as much as elemental types are in the proc calculation, making elemental procs relatively rarer

But it doesn't say anything about the amount of procs per shot.

If my build yields this chance distribution:

PUNCTURE 1170 3,7% (x4)

IMPACT       1170 3,7% (x4)

SLASH         20597 64,9% (x4)

CORROSIVE 14044 11,1%

BLAST 21066 16,6%

Does this mean each pellet (100% status) has 64,9% chance to proc slash and only slash, 11,1% chance for only corrosive and so on...

It's all confusing as hell.

Edited by (PS4)HSomDevil

35 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

As a bosskiller i'd take an utterly different weapon. Since quite a few bosses are Status immune the Tigris entirely looses it's biggest advantage.

The biggest four "meatshield boss threads" for me are Kela, Tyl Regor, Lephantis and Raptor and those are all not immune to slash procs if I recall correctly. I have to say though, I am not a big Tigris Prime fan, I use it basically only for these bosses in sorties and Sancti Tigris for everything else.

Edited by bluepheonix13

1 hour ago, (PS4)HSomDevil said:

No that we're here I wanna ask something else about the status proc.

Wiki reads as follows:

But it doesn't say anything about the amount of procs per shot.

If my build yields this chance distribution:

PUNCTURE 1170 3,7% (x4)

IMPACT       1170 3,7% (x4)

SLASH         20597 64,9% (x4)

CORROSIVE 14044 11,1%

BLAST 21066 16,6%

Does this mean each pellet (100% status) has 64,9% chance to proc slash and only slash, 11,1% chance for only corrosive and so on...

It's all confusing as hell.

Yes, that's what it means.

Although, I have to ask, are you only getting 20k damage after the x4?

42 minutes ago, (Xbox One)R3d P01nt said:

Yes, that's what it means.

Although, I have to ask, are you only getting 20k damage after the x4?

No, the numbers are direct damage of the build. Percentages after them are calculated with x4. I should have just left the numbers out.

And thanks. I'm a bit wiser now how the status procs work.

Edited by (PS4)HSomDevil

The BIG difference Tigris Prime has is the ability to reach 100% status, with a HUGE base damage and base slash damage. 

These factors together make the best build to use 4 60/60s AND sweeping serration to skew proc chances to the slash procs. 

Adding Blaze will produce less slash procs which is not good on a weapon with the characteristics mentioned . Blaze is almost mandatory in all shotguns IMO but  what you DONT want to do is to reduce slash procs in this gun. 

This is the same reason why adding viral/radiation is a good alternative ( slash will be cutting thru half of enemies HP due to viral)

Just go Seeking fury, it is almost as if this mod was done to Tigris. 

Edited by (PS4)lhbuch

Uh...

My first two answers for Tigris Prime's last slot there would be

Blaze, for that damage. But people are saying it's not good. :(

Chilling Reload, a bit of extra damage with 40% faster reloads, reload speed is nice for Tigris Prime.

Then you have these three.

Tainted Shell, when you just really want to kill that guy at 80m.

Vicious Spread, meh, I tried it out and it's not that good but it's an option. Might help you hit some outlier enemies are medium/close ranges that you normally wouldn't. Might work against you in that regard as well. Up to you and your playstyle.

Kill Switch, I would relaly prefer Chilling Reload over this but sometimes you just need that extra reload speed. And really, on the map, there aren't much that Tigris Prime won't kill in 3 seconds so this will practically always be up for when you need it.

Edited by uAir