Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Credit-Only Alerts (Not What You Think)

Xylia

Okay, so just a bit ago, a 3,300 Credit alert popped on Eris.

Lv30-40 mobs.

So I'm looking at this going "Why would I want to go to Eris for 3,300 Credits when if I just wait a bit, a 5,000+ might appear on Mercury, Venus, Mars, etc?"

I have never really understood this. Higher-level areas should reward more credits. Plain and simple. Who wants to fight Lv30-40 mobs for a base 3300 when they can get a base 7100 on Venus like there was the other day?

IMO, base credits should be decided and then a + per planet should be added, maybe like this:

Mercury: +500

Venus/Saturn/Uranus: +1000

Earth/Jupiter/Europa: +2000

Sedna/Eris: +3000

Pluto: +5000

That way, if a 3300 credit alert is generated....

If it spawned on Mercury, the base reward would be 3800 and it would be advertised as 3800. If that same alert would have popped on Pluto, it would have been an 8,800 credit alert and advertised as such.

It just seems silly that some of these alerts reward nothing but credits and give such piddly amounts for the high level areas they're found in.

Edited by Xylia

hmmmmm. but if one of those 9.1k alerts found its way to pluto....

i really like this idea but as many people complain about the credit buildup and inability to spend them fast enough i don't think this is the best idea. if we keep it completely arbitrary then its fair all across the board. the only people this would really benefit are the newer players.

Until they add a great credit sink i think this idea should be put on hold.  

not saying its bad its just not the best time, sorry :/

Fun fact: that is exactly the way the current system works. A 2000 credit alert on Saturn is actually worth 5000 when you complete the mission, the same one on Eris would be worth 8k-10k. The problem was solved preemptively.

It seems that not many even sees the reason to run a 2k mission.

Me I just go on whatever alert is on when I want to play, be it 2k in Mercury or 6k in Pluto.

I'm not one of those who have 3mil creds in the bank and counting. Easy creds is easy creds, no reason to pass it up.

Fun fact: that is exactly the way the current system works. A 2000 credit alert on Saturn is actually worth 5000 when you complete the mission, the same one on Eris would be worth 8k-10k. The problem was solved preemptively.

ohohoho that would explain why the numbers always seemed off to me.

So why not advertise them like that then?

Why say "2000" if you really plan on rewarding them 8000 instead? That's just stupid. People will look at that and go "meh". They'll wait until they see 5000+ in the Alert Info Screen and then do That one. Esp if it is in a lower level area.

@Magicfingers: I never once said awarding credits to newbies was bad. I was saying "Why are we awarding MORE for LOWER level missions than we are for higher level missions?"

So why not advertise them like that then?

Why say "2000" if you really plan on rewarding them 8000 instead? That's just stupid. People will look at that and go "meh". They'll wait until they see 5000+ in the Alert Info Screen and then do That one. Esp if it is in a lower level area.

@Magicfingers: I never once said awarding credits to newbies was bad. I was saying "Why are we awarding MORE for LOWER level missions than we are for higher level missions?"

Well, that's fair enough, the misleading numbers is something they should fix but the actual reward is fine.

Need credits join one void run :/ T2 gets 12-22k easy, T3 requires you to go in smartly, but nets you 50-80k. And those are both without looting.

I've got half a mil and nothing to do with it lol

Well, my circle of friends is quite small... and we don't always have keys to go doing Void whenever we want. So I can't just log on and "I think I'll do Void today!" kinda deal.

Doesn't help that I'm kinda tired of Defense and they made it so that the only way you can get keys is through Defense....

Void runs giving 60-80k credits... can't be bothered with alerts for 3000...

Credit Alerts should give, A random Rare mod (random as in, not at all random, like alert 2.0)

You know what, having mod rewards tiered like defense rewards and assigned to all alerts isn't a bad idea. I think a lot of people would be happy with that change.

Well, my circle of friends is quite small... and we don't always have keys to go doing Void whenever we want. So I can't just log on and "I think I'll do Void today!" kinda deal.

Doesn't help that I'm kinda tired of Defense and they made it so that the only way you can get keys is through Defense....

I solo most of my keys (all T1, all T2 raids, about half my T3 and T2 exterms), and I grew tired of endless defense well before I got everything I needed from endless defense (damn Barrel Diffusion never drops until it does, then the floodgates open and you're swimming in them ._.). Did like 14 this week, burned through an additional 11 today, and I still have 19 more T2 raids. If you grew "tired of defense" before getting 5891729387059813 keys when every other run ends on one because some jaggoffs jump on the first key that drops and you don't feel like soloing 6-10 or 11-15 in a rank 4 unmodded frame, yet in a group that could easily go 15-20...

Also, people also often ask on Recruiting for people for tower runs, how about joining them?

That and 5 waves of Xini tends to get you a T2 Key. Like at least half the time. While being very easy to solo while distracted (equp orthos, mash e, ???, profit).

Void runs giving 60-80k credits... can't be bothered with alerts for 3000...

Credit Alerts should give, A random Rare mod (random as in, not at all random, like alert 2.0)

This. It'd give people a reason to actually run those damn things.

Edited by TheBlueJelly

Xini anyone?

This. The number in the credit alert is a bonus added on top of what you would normally get from completing a mission. So a 2k alert on pluto will get you about 7k (since you get about 5k for normally completing mission) while the same alert on mercury will only get you about 3k (since you get about 1k for normally completing a mission).