The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I liked the old archwing better

XeRo_Xtreaks

I mean why was it even changed. I used to go play archwing missions sometimes. Now its just harder to control. Plus i used to make GMV with it. 
The best option it had before was to look around without your warframe locked on the point. I mean you can see look around 360 degrees without your frame or archwing rotating. Is there any option to disable locked on aim? like you can disable the melee locked on your crosshair when you fight. 

PS- I've came back to warframe after some months. 

Edited by XeRo_Xtreaks

Would be lovely to see the old AW controls come back.
Right now it just feels so slow...it's not fun to use it anymore.

If people just can't control it cause of how rarely they use it that doesn't mean that AW can't be controlled properly ; it's like sniping or dealing with the parkhour system, you have to learn how it works.

99.9% of the players liked the old archwing better. Because it was comfortable and playable. This now is just a mess and literal neckpain.

I don't want it to be even a percent of simulation. There is nothing sim about Warframe, so why would archwing be?! I don't want to drift, I don't want to have a free axis. I want gameplay, comfort, satisfaction, not "realism".

Edited by Acersecomic

Just now, Acersecomic said:

Yes. Common sense, neckpains, hitting walls, clumsy controls due to drifting, axis and lack of direction, no map adjustment....

So that's a no then.

You just pulled the 99.9% figure out of your <censored>, not that anyone will be surprised by that revelation.

6 hours ago, kyori said:

Never played the old archwing before... but the present one, although sometimes may spin until lost direction... but ain't that just natural, logical? 

Ya . Like jumping around 30 feet in the air is also logical in this game

I like Archwing quite a bit, but with the new one it's too easy to lose your orientation and it's a tad too easy to bump into a ton of walls or overshoot your location. In a sense, it's TOO fluid. Whether that's how zero-gravity physics works or not is not up to me, nor is it really within my knowledge, but I do know that it's not as fun to play as the old Archwing system. You can see examples of old Archwing movement with Titania and Sharkwing (Uranus Submersible), and although Sharkwing is very slow (cough cough, still hoping for a slight speed increase for that), they are fairly more controllable than current Archwing.

It's hard to please everyone. Some people prefer old archwing which is simple and not confusing at all. Some prefer realistic 6 DoF control.

I personally find 6 DoF unnecessary in Corpus maps, or inside a structure because I would always adjust my up and down to a specific direction, which is basically how old archwing works except I have to constantly rotate manually.

Edited by yles9056

7 minutes ago, NightBlitz said:

news flash "common sense" is not a valid statistical source.

and personally i prefer the new controls, they just need to be refined some more

Suit yourself. But don't get too comfortable, cuzz this version of archwing needs to be shot.

20 hours ago, Acersecomic said:

99.9% of the players liked the old archwing better. Because it was comfortable and playable. This now is just a mess and literal neckpain.

I don't want it to be even a percent of simulation. There is nothing sim about Warframe, so why would archwing be?! I don't want to drift, I don't want to have a free axis. I want gameplay, comfort, satisfaction, not "realism".

thats not true at all, you have no idea how many people asked for 6DoF, more people asked for it then people now ask for old movement, new thread asking for 6 DoF was showing on forums week.

There is a BIG reason why people wanted 6DoF, people want space dogfights and for that you need 6DoF, I know we still dont have space dogfights but 6DoF was important step in its direction and pursuit mission shows that DE can give us space dogfights if they put effort in to do that. Also reason why people want space dogfights is becasue combat in archwing game mode isnt very engaging, you either mash melee button or float while shooting enemies flying toward you, your teammates or mission target.

But I have "good"(and bad for everyone else) news for people who want old movement, in his recent stream steve said old movement is coming back, from reddit summary of stream:

"Old Archwing coming back. The question is when they get to it. The reason being is that 6DoF has to be improved a LOT or put in as an option. Steve's hope is to try to allow the better banking inside of it without the nauseating aspects to it."

I do agree new movement needs work but if they are going to focus on old movement I will give up on archwing since it means archwing combat wont become more engaging, we wont get space dogfights, and I am saying as someone who always defended archwing game mode, believing it had a LOT of potential, and as someone who was GOOD at both old and new archwing movement, and who had all archwing gear maxed out(I put a LOT of effort into getting good at archwing).