Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

World on Fire

DSkycroft

Have you seen Equinox on Jupiter Io with max range build ? No ? Saryn on Hydron ? Banshee on Berehynia ?

Ember cant do nothing there. So why do you want her to be nerfed ?

There is always someone who are stealing your kills. Mag, Nidus, Mirage, Ash, Mesa... Even Frost can deal a lot of damage. And i dont think it is a good idea to nerf them all.

1 hour ago, DSkycroft said:

So,who here thinks that World on Fire takes the fun out of the game for anyone but the people using it? A lot of people will just say that you just need to get better at the game,but most of them are the ones who use Ember and don't want their "Kill everything that moves ability" to be balanced. I was just in an Akkad mission and every time I was about to kill an enemy the kill was taken from me by an Ember player using WoF.

Yes and no, embers wof is kind of its main trick and it does fall off after a while for most players although obviously if you're on akkad it's going to take a while to top out due to the weakness to 'fire' of infested enemies... Take ember to a grineer, corpus, orokin level or put it against eximus and well it's damage falls off a lot quicker.   While I agree it can be annoying if you're not ember it does have it's purposes in allowing us to do less enjoyable things quickly such as levelling stuff after forma or to gain MR.  I'd also guess you went to akkad to level stuff which to be honest, the most logical frame to take to level weapons etc is either speed nova or ember.... and you usually get more xp from embers kills than doing it yourself so it's actually better for you...

Now the problem that the dev's have is that if they take away or change wof in any significant way they will upset a LOT of players, just look at how ash's rework upset a large number of people (not just due to the press 4 to win) and then think how much worse that could be for ember, a frame I see A LOT more often than ash. 

Also where do these 'reworks' stop, I can kill just as much with builds for volt, banshee, hydroid, mesa, saryn and vauban.  If anything some of these are actually stronger than ember....

Frankly,I think DE needs to change it to be more like Frost's fourth,where it is one burst and then it ends.

57 minutes ago, Kalvorax said:

I'd much rather see WoF get turned into the Eximus Fire wave, though at much higher strength so it can still kill things decently.

Isn't that basically embers 3.... minus the remaining flame ring. 

Edited by LSG501

40 minutes ago, Kalvorax said:

I'd much rather see WoF get turned into the Eximus Fire wave, though at much higher strength so it can still kill things decently.

be better if her 3rd did that its reflective of it anyway 

@OP overal im doubtful of these kind of threads ....

sure ember wof damage builds work on enemies up  to like .. 60 id say  .. to kill fast

past that they kinda flat out ignore it xD high armor is not heats friend, its the same drop off youd find on equinox maim or even banshee sound quake 

the drop off of the powers DPS to an enemy range of level is normal, many frames fall into the category,  and will change to a CC aoe frame type fast

youll start to forgo damage for CC power effects so you can stay alive 

even with her WOF augment enemies are NOT 100% CC and plenty flat out run through it and smack you down

youll start having to use 2  and 1 to cc targets and get out of reach , then using a good weapon take them down 

now i enjoy my ember but my builds not meta  ...many called it ...weird , but it works for me 

but 90% of these complaints threads ive come across are aimed at them doing DPS in low levels not high levels 100+ 

so it comes across as a bunch of young tenno being mad a AOE frame can out damage single take down type frame

the answer comes out as ..well yea why wouldnt it ? 

a aoe type power is by its very nature designed to attack enemies in a large saturation area , but is it great against a BIG heavy enemy? not normally .... 

thats were the single big damage types come into play, they can literally rip those apart like tissue

so it falls into a kind of tactics VS kill hording kind of play i guess

instead of complaining the ember is killing all the weak mobs, go after the BIG ones it cant kill, youll probably get the higher damage credit at the end 

stop trying to out play the ember were its strong, and play against its weak points to take advantage 

53 minutes ago, DSkycroft said:

I was just in an Akkad mission and every time I was about to kill an enemy the kill was taken from me by an Ember player

Oh, we have another stolen kills victim here. Very pity.

As i understood long ago - all those, who cry about nerf something are just 5 minute Mercury\Akkad heroes.

Nothing new, as usual.

9 minutes ago, SlicerGT said:

Have you seen Equinox on Jupiter Io with max range build ? No ? Saryn on Hydron ? Banshee on Berehynia ?

Ember cant do nothing there. So why do you want her to be nerfed ?

There is always someone who are stealing your kills. Mag, Nidus, Mirage, Ash, Mesa... Even Frost can deal a lot of damage. And i dont think it is a good idea to nerf them all.

A well played and modded Frost is worse at "kill steals" than any Ember.

Want boring?  Avalanche augment Frost on Defense.  You have nothing to do except pick up loot for 20 or 30 waves.

All the "press4&AFK" frames have to be reworked. That includes Ember, Equinox and Banshee. This is not gameplay, this is farming automation (which Ironically DE are forbidding and punishing with AFK-timer, yet they themselves add such automation to the game). Banshee wont even let you move - its not fun for anyone, the player or teammates. Need rework.

Edited by Monolake

"Ladies and gentlemen all 360 large area AOE must be nerfed because they're equal to aimbot and Mesa the first victim want to have words with you."

OP in a nutshell.

Good luck on your revolution OP but dissent is not welcomed here and there is a high chance that this thread will be silenced by mods who love dystopia.

Edited by Volinus7
Can someone count how many threads of this type were in the forum?

12 minutes ago, Volinus7 said:

"Ladies and gentlemen all 360 large area AOE must be nerfed because they're equal to aimbot and Mesa the first victim want to have words with you."

OP in a nutshell.

Good luck on your revolution OP but dissent is not welcomed here and there is a high chance that this thread will be silenced by mods who love dystopia.

Dissent is not welcome, you are correct, however, feedback that is informative, thought out, and respectful, is.  A lot of the threads you're alluding to failed to do any of the former, and as such, failed to adhere to forums rules and guidelines, resulting in their cleaning, locking or hiding.  

oohhh, big conspiracy solved. 

29 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Dissent is not welcome, you are correct, however, feedback that is informative, thought out, and respectful, is.  A lot of the threads you're alluding to failed to do any of the former, and as such, failed to adhere to forums rules and guidelines, resulting in their cleaning, locking or hiding.  

oohhh, big conspiracy solved. 

No matter how much you tried to be respectful there's always a prick who aims to attack and flame bait you to lock or delete the thread.

Those countless locked/deleted threads didn't pile up with no causes.

Edited by Volinus7
And if any of you who read this think mods can do no wrong you might want to watch fostinator drama as a study case.

10 minutes ago, Volinus7 said:

No matter how much you tried to be respectful there's always a prick who aims to attack and flame bait you to lock or delete the thread.

Those countless locked/deleted threads didn't pile up with no causes.

You're right, they piled up because they didn't meet the forums standards or broke the rules.

It's the man keeping us down, but I digress. Was my topic about my distain for ember in the past not nice, yeah I can admit to that. I'm human. However, is ember kind of a nuisance. Yeah, I think we can admit to that to. Most players just pop world on fire and run around. Only yesterday, did I see 1 player not pop ember's world on fire. I even thanked them for not doing so. Their response to it was, no problem and that it was overused along with being boring. That there is a real ember player and I respect that.

Edited by (XB1)Requiem of One

1 hour ago, DSkycroft said:

I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not,but your wording sounds kind of rude. Instead of telling me to get lost,give an intelligent argument as to why I should think differently.

They are trolling; Don't buy into it.

2 hours ago, DSkycroft said:

Frankly,I think DE needs to change it to be more like Frost's fourth,where it is one burst and then it ends.

Frost can justify this mechanic because he is a tank. Do that to ember and she's a sitting duck (similar to banshee with her ult). The eximus fire wave is  too similar to her 3rd ability (as already stated). I think WoF is fine as it is because it is only effective against weak armored enemies and falls off past level 30. After that, you should be using Ember's accelerant with a heat based weapon anyway as this is how ember functions as a damage frame in the endgame OR use WoF for CC with a max range build and with min damage. It is also worth noting that WoF is never necessarily bad with scaling as it does do constant chip damage and can land consistent heat procs with a high power strength build. 

If I can ask, do you also want Saryn, Banshee, and Equinox to be changed? They are harder to get (outside of banshee in Tenno lab), but they have an ability that functions similarly to WoF and unlike WoF, scales. If you played with a Resonating Quake Banshee on Akkad, would you complain that she is stealing all your kills as well? The game has these damage frames for a reason and players will use them either in actual game play or for cheese farming. My suggestion is to have you organize your own teams through recruiting chat if you don't want to play with certain players.

1 hour ago, --Dark_Rage-- said:

Oh, we have another stolen kills victim here. Very pity.

As i understood long ago - all those, who cry about nerf something are just 5 minute Mercury\Akkad heroes.

Nothing new, as usual.

If you have to resort to insulting me because you can't make an intelligent argument,please don't comment.

2 minutes ago, row49382 said:

They are trolling; Don't buy into it.

Frost can justify this mechanic because he is a tank. Do that to ember and she's a sitting duck (similar to banshee with her ult). The eximus fire wave is  too similar to her 3rd ability (as already stated). I think WoF is fine as it is because it is only effective against weak armored enemies and falls off past level 30. After that, you should be using Ember's accelerant with a heat based weapon anyway as this is how ember functions as a damage frame in the endgame OR use WoF for CC with a max range build and with min damage. It is also worth noting that WoF is never necessarily bad with scaling as it does do constant chip damage and can land consistent heat procs with a high power strength build. 

If I can ask, do you also want Saryn, Banshee, and Equinox to be changed? They are harder to get (outside of banshee in Tenno lab), but they have an ability that functions similarly to WoF and unlike WoF, scales. If you played with a Resonating Quake Banshee on Akkad, would you complain that she is stealing all your kills as well? The game has these damage frames for a reason and players will use them either in actual game play or for cheese farming. My suggestion is to have you organize your own teams through recruiting chat if you don't want to play with certain players.

It is not always possible to build a team because there aren't always people looking to do the same missions as you.

10 minutes ago, DSkycroft said:

It is not always possible to build a team because there aren't always people looking to do the same missions as you.

More likely, there aren't people willing to drudge through the relic lfg spam to find a tram, and wind up pug'ing it.

I think an over all improvement to the recruitment aspect of the game would resolve a lot of issues.

2 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

More likely, there aren't people willing to drudge through the relic lfg spam to find a tram, and wind up pug'ing it.

I think an over all improvement to the recruitment aspect of the game would resolve a lot of issues.

Yeah,there are a lot of aspects of the chat that need to be worked on.

When I started playing Ember she was the trash frame, nobody wanted an Ember on their squad, too little cc, too little scalable damage, overall uselessness. But I loved her, fire based powers, sinergy between abilities, fire procs, all the skills on her kit. 

So I set myself on a mission, 9 formas and a rework later I have a viable Ember. now, I don't play public, I have my clan and when my Ember doesn't fit the squad I still change it up. 

The point of this story is, Ember is not, by any measure, an OP Frame. 

27 minutes ago, DSkycroft said:

There is always someone willing to play Akkad. for other missions, play solo, or with clan members, or ask for help in recruiting chat. There are usually generous players who are willing to help out. 

EDIT: You also didn't answer my initial questions. Based on your reasoning of her ability, "Stealing your kills," you shouldn't like playing with any damage frame. Instead you pick Ember with WoF out of the crowd. Please present more reason for your argument other than the reason above as to why you dislike ember more than any other damage-dealing frame.

Edited by row49382

9 minutes ago, zzzNitro said:

Dude, yes she is! Did you not just read about how she stole that guys kill?! She STOLE IT! HIS KILL! Ember MUST be ner...reworked as soon as possible! Nothing could go wrong! STOP LOOKING AT ASH IN THE CORNER, I SAID NOTHING COULD GO WRONG!

15 minutes ago, zzzNitro said:

When I started playing Ember she was the trash frame, nobody wanted an Ember on their squad, too little cc, too little scalable damage, overall uselessness. But I loved her, fire based powers, sinergy between abilities, fire procs, all the skills on her kit. 

So I set myself on a mission, 9 formas and a rework later I have a viable Ember. now, I don't play public, I have my clan and when my Ember doesn't fit the squad I still change it up. 

The key word here is viable. She has her tradeoffs like all frames and is not OP. 

EDIT: I am agreeing with you if that wasn't clear :P

Edited by row49382

1 minute ago, Kierlak said:

Dude, yes she is! Did you not just read about how she stole that guys kill?! She STOLE IT! HIS KILL! Ember MUST be ner...reworked as soon as possible! Nothing could go wrong! STOP LOOKING AT ASH IN THE CORNER, I SAID NOTHING COULD GO WRONG!

xD +1

Edited by row49382

Just now, Kierlak said:

I ne'd

Just now, row49382 said:

The key word here is viable. She has her tradeoffs like all frames and is not OP. 

EDIT: I am agreeing with you if that wasn't clear :P

I got it *highfive*