The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

World on Fire

DSkycroft

2 minutes ago, -MElHiOR- said:

Not so good, as i want. Get it?

Я использую translate, чтобы говорить по-русски, можно ли было бы вам сделать то же самое, чтобы говорить по-английски? Извините, если некоторые слова неправильны, Google Translate не самый лучший.

Just now, DSkycroft said:

Some missions are a bit to difficult to do solo.They could keep it's utility while still making it harder to steal kills from others.

You're on a team, and still gain affinity from the kill. It also progresses the waves faster, as your team mate is participating in the kill.

WoF is fine.  It clears maps low to mid and with her augment, is great cc for the higher level stuff.  Properly nodded for it, she's an amazing cc and damage buff machine.

Personally, if you want a specific kind of run, make a team.  Don't demand changes to an ability just because you didn't want to deal with recruiting, alliance, clan or friends list.

I run Ember on lowish missions for resources and focus.  WoF is great when you're opening containers, because it's still getting life support drops while you're looting. And with how affinity share works, you're getting more xp for her kills than you would if you got the final shot in.

Edited by MagPrime

Я использую translate, чтобы говорить по-русски, можно ли было бы вам сделать то же самое, чтобы говорить по-английски? Извините, если некоторые слова неправильны, Google Translate не самый лучший.

Ok. Amber is not as strong with their ability the World on Fire, because at the moment there is such a thing as level scaling. So instead of trying again to weaken this character, please, you cry about the fact that Banshee does more than all the murders with his fourth ability, or that Mirage+Simulor steals your kill. And Amber just left alone. This is a normal mid level character.

In the past, I made a topic about how I hate ember players because more often than not, the pop world on fire and then just run around. This is more of a hassle on console than on pc, so I was told. Does in need changed in my opinion, absolutely. People say: "I use her for speed running low levels." but what about the people with low level warframes trying to get those mission challenge done for that extra affinity? Those people get screwed out of it when the ember, prime or not, pops world on fire. Hey get 30 kills, nope, can't do it because lazy people with ember ruin it.

People also say that world on fire has good cc. Okay but if she has good cc wouldn't that mean for the player to run higher tiered levels instead of lower tier levels? Which the response is that "ember is not strong enough to survive" excuse which then I say mod differently. Which comes back with "she becomes squishy" excuse which I say again, mod her differently. It just becomes a vicious cycle, so now punish those ember players with my new favorite frame Nidus. Can't continue an exterminate mission if you can kill the last person for a good whole minute or so.

So in retrospect, yes, I support the idea for a rework on her world on fire. As for it being like the eximus fire wave, I don't think it would work because fire blast is pretty much that with a little added ring of fire to it. It could be changed to something like an eruption of fire from ember that starts at ember and expands outward in a wave up to a certain distance or she could form a mini sun and chuck it causing a huge explosion. I don't know, just throwing out ideas.

A good balance for it could be decreasing the range but increasing the damage. That way,people could just move away from her if they wanted to get kills. Also,if they increased the damage it would make her more viable for higher level missions.All I really want DE to do is make it harder for Ember players to steal kills.

Edited by DSkycroft

30 minutes ago, DSkycroft said:

. I was just in an Akkad

Would you please stop going to Akkad and expecting it to be something it's not.  Ember?  She literally makes it take longer if you're using one of the actually good ways to do Akkad.  There is an entire starmap for you to enjoy.  Please don't come to the laziest farm in the game when you don't wish to be lazy.

Just now, SlicerGT said:

Instead of asking to buff some useless weapons or frames like Oberon you came to forum to whine about Ember stealing your low lvl enemy kills

Again,if you can't make an intelligent argument then please don't comment,or at least try and word it to sound a little less rude.

1 minute ago, PatternistSlave said:

Would you please stop going to Akkad and expecting it to be something it's not.  Ember?  She literally makes it take longer if you're using one of the actually good ways to do Akkad.  There is an entire starmap for you to enjoy.  Please don't come to the laziest farm in the game when you don't wish to be lazy.

So you have never gone to Akkad to level a weapon or Warframe before?

3 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Requiem of One said:

In the past, I made a topic about how I hate ember players because more often than not, the pop world on fire and then just run around. This is more of a hassle on console than on pc, so I was told. Does in need changed in my opinion, absolutely. People say: "I use her for speed running low levels." but what about the people with low level warframes trying to get those mission challenge done for that extra affinity? Those people get screwed out of it when the ember, prime or not, pops world on fire. Hey get 30 kills, nope, can't do it because lazy people with ember ruin it.

Or, if new players are concerned about that extra xp, they could say "I need x kills, can I get those real quick?"

You can't say one person or group of people are lazy in defense of another person or group of people that can't be bothered to speak up.

And from personal experience, saying something does work.  When I started, I said something and 9/10 of the time, I was given enough time to get the extra xp.  When I take new players around, I tell the pugs that someone wants to do their challenge and again, 9/10 of the time, they're given the chance to complete it.

Have you ever tried saying "hey, I need 5 slide kills for extra xp, can I have a sec to get them?"  on PC is normally works.

1 minute ago, MagPrime said:

Or, if new players are concerned about that extra xp, they could say "I need x kills, can I get those real quick?"

You can't say one person or group of people are lazy in defense of another person or group of people that can't be bothered to speak up.

And from personal experience, saying something does work.  When I started, I said something and 9/10 of the time, I was given enough time to get the extra xp.  When I take new players around, I tell the pugs that someone wants to do their challenge and again, 9/10 of the time, they're given the chance to complete it.

Have you ever tried saying "hey, I need 5 slide kills for extra xp, can I have a sec to get them?"  on PC is normally works.

I have asked Ember players to give others a chance to get kills and more often than not they have ignored or insulted me.

1 minute ago, Bl4zko said:

I look at this then I think about Mirage with her Simulor and I just start laughing.

As I said earlier,I dislike that as well. The reason I didn't mention that here is because there are already so many threads about it that there is no POINT posting it here.

Edited by DSkycroft

Just now, PatternistSlave said:

When I want to sit around doing next to nothing and collect exp.  That's why everyone goes there.  If you want to play the game do literally any other mission.

When I do a mission,I always try to participate as much as possible. Don't just assume that I sit around and do nothing because other people do. I wouldn't be upset with ember players stealing kills in that mission if I didn't even want to participate in the first place.

3 minutes ago, DSkycroft said:

I have asked Ember players to give others a chance to get kills and more often than not they have ignored or insulted me.

Well, I dunno what to tell you.  My experiences have been polar opposit.  I ask, generally they comply, or if I'm asked, I comply.

When I do a mission,I always try to participate as much as possible. Don't just assume that I sit around and do nothing because other people do. I wouldn't be upset with ember players stealing kills in that mission if I didn't even want to participate in the first place.

You get more affinity for their kills.  If you're on Akkad, one of the hot spots for farming, why are you complaining when someone takes a semi efficient frame that brings you a lot more affinity than you would have by killing things on your own?

Again, if you're interested in a specific type if run. Make a team.  

Well that mission is just a loot cave and you actually get less exp if you're the one killing stuff.  I really like Titan on Saturn if you're looking for a somewhat popular mission that's good for exp and isn't all about just being lazy.  Or Heiracon on Pluto if you want relics and a challenge.

3 minutes ago, PatternistSlave said:

Well that mission is just a loot cave and you actually get less exp if you're the one killing stuff.  I really like Titan on Saturn if you're looking for a somewhat popular mission that's good for exp and isn't all about just being lazy.  Or Heiracon on Pluto if you want relics and a challenge.

Thank you for the advice,I will try that.Nobody ever told me that it worked that way,so I kind of assumed you got MORE exp for killing things yourself.I still think it takes the fun out of the game when Ember players take all the kills,though . I don't really see how it makes sense to get LESS exp for killing things yourself,though...

Edited by DSkycroft

2 minutes ago, DSkycroft said:

Thank you for the advice,I will try that. I don't really see how it makes sense to get LESS exp for killing things yourself,though...

Its how DE set up the affinity share system.  Makes no sense, but that's how they did it.

3 minutes ago, PatternistSlave said:

Np.  I think it's just to encourage people to play with each other as opposed to going solo.

Frankly,it doesn't seem like a very good idea to go solo on Akkad,since the difficulty seems to increase much more drastically every five waves there than it does on a lot of other missions.

Edited by DSkycroft