Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help build Taxon and Artax?

DEATHLOK

Question

I understand that the shield boosting mod isn't quite as helpful as one might wish. Aside from that, I don't know much about this particular Sentinel. I imagine I can build it like any other.

The gun, however—I don't know what to do with a freeze ray. Make a Blast ray? A Viral ray? Really could use some pointers.

Thanks!

13 answers to this question

Not much you can do with the Artax, regardless of its element, it only procs cold~

Eagle Eye apparently increases the range it will fire and Sinister Reach will increase the beam's actual range

Don't bother with any damage mods, the Artax is deliberately designed to be basically useless for dealing damage~

21 minutes ago, DEATHLOK said:

Really could use some pointers.

That... really is what the Artax is, a laser pointer.

Damage is low.

its innate Cold proc happens all the time but elemental status chance is way low.

So basically it is a laser pointer that slows the target it is pointing at.

I just slapped a couple of spare mods I had laying around just because. But yeah, it's all about that laser f/x and that chill effect (cold proc) on that one target at a time.

Hek, normally I don't even run a weapon on my Sentinels but this one, eh just slap it on all of them, heh.

Yes, after a couple days I realize that the damage is so low as to be inconsequential. Artax isn't going to kill anything worth mentioning—that's not even it's purpose. It will slow enemies to a crawl, even at great range. With Blast damage, they won't just be slowed, but knocked down. Another bonus is that it works like a laser pointer, as someone described, above, and it can guide shots, provided crowds aren't thick. It can work through obstacles. It can add a bit of overshield.

After all this time, I'm still missing a second Rime Rounds mod, so I've not completed my build. Eventually.

It's odd not adding Serration and Split Chamber, but three fire rate mods, instead. It's never about increasing damage; it's about increasing the chance to proc, even slightly so.

Thanks for those replies!

This is kinda off-topic, but has anyone noticed the Artax proccing elements that it wasn't built for?

I have mine set up to deal Cold + Blast procs, but on rare occasion (i.e. maybe once every several missions), it'll suddenly do an Electric proc or a Radiation proc. I've got no bloody clue what could be causing this, since none of my weapons or frames are built for these procs either.

2 minutes ago, SortaRandom said:

This is kinda off-topic, but has anyone noticed the Artax proccing elements that it wasn't built for?

I have mine set up to deal Cold + Blast procs, but on rare occasion (i.e. maybe once every several missions), it'll suddenly do an Electric proc or a Radiation proc. I've got no bloody clue what could be causing this, since none of my weapons or frames are built for these procs either.

Any chance there was a Volt or Oberon in the Squad? Shock Trooper or Smite Infusion could be a possible source.

12 minutes ago, SPARTAN-187.Thanatos said:

Any chance there was a Volt or Oberon in the Squad? Shock Trooper or Smite Infusion could be a possible source.

I play solo almost exclusively, so nope, definitely wasn't another player.

The only source of electrical damage I had on me during those times was Lightning Dash-- but unless my memory's tricking me, it seemed like those procs were coming from the Artax beam and not from anything close to my character.
And the only Radiation source I had was my Tigris Prime-- but I tend to run in melee mode, so the gun stays strapped to my back for all but the first two seconds of the mission.

On 3/21/2017 at 0:37 PM, SPARTAN-187.Thanatos said:

Interesting, I guess I need to try it out more often then to see what the Artax procs. Wonder if it might be a side effect of how its made to proc in the first place?

Necroing the thread for reasons unrelated to the actual topic-- but I figured out what was causing the Radiation procs.

Turns out Taxon's Molecular Conversion has a small chance to radproc. And it was on the wiki this whole time, so I feel like an idiot for not realizing it earlier. :sad: