Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arcanes Limit Fashion Frame

Xion

I'd like to preface this by stating that I don't raid and that all of my Arcanes were purchased from other players.

So with the new Dex Syandana coming up and maybe Tennogen as well, I thought it would nice if each frame was able to equip 2 Arcane Enhancement sets without having it on their syandana or helmet. I mostly just use Arcane Energize and Arcane Grace sets that I've put on the Teplo and Misa syandanas. The reason I don't use more is because arcanes are expensive and since I don't have a "main," I don't want to buy more sets just to put it on a single frame's helmet. However, as much as I do like the Teplo, it doesn't look good on every frame, so I'm always considering if it's worth using another syandana just for fashion frame, even if I do lose out on that ever-so-useful Energize. Whenever a new frame comes out, I'll be facing a dilemma of whether or not I'm willing to sacrifice combat effectiveness just to use a syandana that matches the frame, and I usually end up leaning to the side of combat effectiveness.

PS: I know that distilling arcanes is more or less free.

What do you guys think?

Do you value combat effectiveness just as much as Fashion Frame? Or do you prioritize one over the other 100% of the time?

43 minutes ago, Xionyde134 said:

No it is completely free its unlimited uses now.

yes you could put a "set arcane tab" but honesty why does it even matter because it takes less than 30 seconds to change arcanes and 99.9999% of the game doesnt need arcanes nor do 95% of builds in game. if your so huffed and puffed about it just dont use arcanes. i would be doubtfull they will change them or if they do it will be like the old way of "fixing fashion frame vs arcane problem" ie removing it from the game so people stop moaning about trival things

Edited by Dextral

35 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Cash201293 said:

What we need is an "Set Active Arcane" option and give us to set up to 2 active arcanes without equipping on frame or syandanas. This would be so awesome to have.

^Agreed.

Helps to have this for sorties should u have a set that prevents u from being inflicted by radiation/magnetic statuses,                                                                                                      when the conditions are radiation storm/thermagnetic disturbances.

Too bad DE doesn't understand that when u are transiting from sortie 1 to 3, your other teammates may not be that inclined to wait for u to change arcanes.                             Plus, the start timer option is a pain when u take too long or don't realise that the timer has already started.

14 minutes ago, Seinerweisen said:

Because Arcane Distillers are now free, Fashionframe is no longer "limited"... You are just too lazy to remove your arcanes and re-equip them on other cosmetics....

Its not about being lazy. Its about removing and re-equipping every single time you wonna fashion your frame a specific way. Not lazy. Just a bit annoying

6 hours ago, Xionyde134 said:

I'd like to preface this by stating that I don't raid and that all of my Arcanes were purchased from other players.

So with the new Dex Syandana coming up and maybe Tennogen as well, I thought it would nice if each frame was able to equip 2 Arcane Enhancement sets without having it on their syandana or helmet. I mostly just use Arcane Energize and Arcane Grace sets that I've put on the Teplo and Misa syandanas. The reason I don't use more is because arcanes are expensive and since I don't have a "main," I don't want to buy more sets just to put it on a single frame's helmet. However, as much as I do like the Teplo, it doesn't look good on every frame, so I'm always considering if it's worth using another syandana just for fashion frame, even if I do lose out on that ever-so-useful Energize. Whenever a new frame comes out, I'll be facing a dilemma of whether or not I'm willing to sacrifice combat effectiveness just to use a syandana that matches the frame, and I usually end up leaning to the side of combat effectiveness.

What do you guys think?

Do you value combat effectiveness just as much as Fashion Frame? Or do you prioritize one over the other 100% of the time?

I really want something like a mod. Where when you choose the frame, you have some sort of arcane section. You have upgrade, style and equip buttons. We need an arcane button. You click it and you can select up to two arcane 'groups'. And since there's no 10 arcanes max per syandana or helm. You would basically have a 'mod' that you pour up to 10 arcanes into (with cool animations and everything). So you have for example: [Mod name] with 5 arcane graces in it. Meaning a rank 2 arcane grace mod. Then in your arcane selection menu. You have the option to equip that 'mod'.

Would be really nice and not OP at all. Tbh, I can't think of any reason why this is not a thing. Thoughts anyone?

Face it OP, they want you buying more Arcanes to mount on all your gear.   Just look at the numbers, there is a nice little graph showing how few players run Raid missions.   Yet Arcane Enhancements are in demand despite the unpopularity of the mission.   Its good business for them really if you think about it.    Hide a semi grindy reward behind a mission very few like.   DE see's the few that are willing to run it selling them for high profits, meaning players that are buying, at least a portion anyway, are buying plat.  Woah they think, so we get Nightmare version to increase their profits and lo and behold, the current Arcane Enhancement system.  

Tying Arcanes to a warframe at the least is really needed. It is too tedious to change arcanes to a different syandana after every game. In my opinion, arcane enhancements should be something you can put in your mods screen. I know [DE]Steve talked about not wanting this, but I feel that doing so is the best option. Tying stats to cosmetics is the reason Arcane Helmets no longer drop anywhere, and Arcane Enhancements do the same thing. They force you to use the same cosmetics unless you enjoy wasting 2 minutes after every mission to change around your arcanes.

This has been a major problem for while now, we're told that fashionframe is endgame, ok then, let me use the syandana I want to use, not the same one on every frame. Don't even get me started on arcanes on the helmets. 
This QOL change has been requested for far too long as this limits how we use arcanes massively. 

With the new Loadout changing options coming from Pablos's amazing QOL changes lately. (Praise da lord) This still will not fix the fact you would need to exit the starchart upon changing loudouts, just to change your arcanes. This problem has been brought up so many times but have never really been looked over, which is a shame. Please keep this thread up there.

Edited by EnterTheShikari

11 hours ago, (Xbox One)Cash201293 said:

Its not about being lazy. Its about removing and re-equipping every single time you wonna fashion your frame a specific way. Not lazy. Just a bit annoying

Soooo its a minor inconvenience and not a limitation. Got it. 

22 minutes ago, Seinerweisen said:

Soooo its a minor inconvenience and not a limitation. Got it. 

21 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ALG Minuscule36 said:

This.

It is a limition. Doesnt matter how many times u unequip it and re-equip. Your always limited to that specific syandana or helmet. By simply having up to 2 active arcanes Active as a option. Would be way better than what we have now just because of the simple fact we dont need to equip it on something to use it.

5 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Cash201293 said:

It is a limition. Doesnt matter how many times u unequip it and re-equip. Your always limited to that specific syandana or helmet. By simply having up to 2 active arcanes Active as a option. Would be way better than what we have now just because of the simple fact we dont need to equip it on something to use it.

I see it easier though, as some frames synergies with certain arcanes do not mix with other frames, and if I forget to keep CONSTANTLY moving the arcane around, I could be misusing it and not getting the best effect I could.

2 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ALG Minuscule36 said:

I see it easier though, as some frames synergies with certain arcanes do not mix with other frames, and if I forget to keep CONSTANTLY moving the arcane around, I could be misusing it and not getting the best effect I could.

Dont really see it as it being easier. I understand some frames synergize better with arcanes than others. But I dont think what we have now is easier than what im proposing. There is still the problem of staying locked to a specific syandana or helm to use an arcane until you relocate it. What im proposing would lock u to only 2 arcanes but you cant bring no more than 2 arcanes into a mission now anyway. Atleast what im proposing wont make u find another syandana that would look good on that the frames that benefit the arcane the most. Or make u upgrade it to max again. My idea is. "Set this arcane as active?" "Replace current arcane 1 or 2?" "Are you sure you want to replace arcane 1?" Done. 

Easy. Simple. Not locking you to a syandana. Not making you upgrade it again as well. No need for Arcane distillers from syndicates. Faster to change in between missions. Not locking FashionFrames

16 hours ago, (Xbox One)BlackcoatOne said:

Would be nice to have specific Arcanes assigned to a specific loadout as well as a similar feature for focus....as I often forget to switch focus schools when I switch loadouts

I 100% agree.

It seems we are lazy ****s in the eyes of the other people posting here :sadcry:

33 minutes ago, ThunderZsolt said:

I 100% agree.

It seems we are lazy ****s in the eyes of the other people posting here :sadcry:

I personally have multiple sets of arcanes so I don't have to swap out those but I do tend to bring the wrong focus whenever I switch loadouts simply cause I forget to, so it would be nice to have a setting to lock in a particular focus for each loadout 

Edited by (XB1)BlackcoatOne