Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please give us more variety for high level relic gathering!

Omnimorph

Sick to death of Heiracon and Xini - sick of doing Infested to get my supply of Neo and Axi relics.  

It completely negates the whole point of mission variety that was one of the supposed reasons for blowing up the Void, if all we're doing is exchanging samey Infested missions for samey Void missions.  

We need the mission variety in relic gathering too please.  It's fine for the relic-gathering to be a be the longer more fiddly missions like Excavations and Interceptions, but please for the love of all that's holy can we have more than Infested to do them with?

Did I mention that I'm sick of doing the long Infested missions to get relics?

(Oh, and also, it would be nice if we could have more than just Infested to do the high-end relic gathering missions please.)

36 minutes ago, Starfreak911 said:

Looks like someone doesn't pay attention to the codex and the 15+ missions that it says can drop each selected relic....

I think the dropchance for a relic is of a huge influence there. Yes, for example capture missions can in fact drop you a relic, the chance is just less than 1%. Excavation and Interception are the fastest way to farm them, and Grineer and Corpus Excavations are just a pain in the butt because of Nullifiers and the insane armor scaling on Grineer.

14 minutes ago, SnipSnipSnipered said:

I think the dropchance for a relic is of a huge influence there. Yes, for example capture missions can in fact drop you a relic, the chance is just less than 1%. Excavation and Interception are the fastest way to farm them, and Grineer and Corpus Excavations are just a pain in the butt because of Nullifiers and the insane armor scaling on Grineer.

*Complains about no variation to farm relics, sees other way and complains about to hard and stays with the meta*

Makes sense to me.

i think the variety of I/II (whatever the stupid names for the Tiers are called they're all stupid and harder to remember than 1234) is much worse.... because all the Missions to play to get them are the same.... Lv -4 Enemies that trip and die before they even Spawn, making for the absolutely most enjoyable 'i literally have nothing to do but go AFK' situation.

Edited by taiiat

1 hour ago, Marine027 said:

*Complains about no variation to farm relics, sees other way and complains about to hard and stays with the meta*

Makes sense to me.

I did not complain, I gave you a logical reason as to why the Infested one is the most popular one. It's the easiest way. Why would you do something that is way harder for the same results? It's something that's deeply rooted in Warframe; harder things don't necessarily get you better loot. So why bother?

13 minutes ago, SnipSnipSnipered said:

I did not complain, I gave you a logical reason as to why the Infested one is the most popular one. It's the easiest way. Why would you do something that is way harder for the same results? It's something that's deeply rooted in Warframe; harder things don't necessarily get you better loot. So why bother?

Ironicly people screamed for challange and endgame all the tiem especialy with the old void, and this did not get them better loot also.

Besides Grineer and Corpus are not necessarly harder then Infested if you just equip yourself right, right mods, weapns and frames.

Besdies it can be easier to protect excavation longer against grineer and corpus then a mutalist suddenly oneshotting it.

And one more thing, you asked for varety and this is all we have for now, changing maps, 4 factions, if you count corrupted which are a mix anyway.

21 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

Ironicly people screamed for challange and endgame all the tiem especialy with the old void, and this did not get them better loot also.

Besides Grineer and Corpus are not necessarly harder then Infested if you just equip yourself right, right mods, weapns and frames.

Besdies it can be easier to protect excavation longer against grineer and corpus then a mutalist suddenly oneshotting it.

And one more thing, you asked for varety and this is all we have for now, changing maps, 4 factions, if you count corrupted which are a mix anyway.

"You asked for variety"

Sorry, I'm not the original poster if you thought so, I think you're mistaken. I just hopped in to say that people will take the easy route if all routes have the same outcome in terms of rewards.

1 hour ago, SnipSnipSnipered said:

"You asked for variety"

Sorry, I'm not the original poster if you thought so, I think you're mistaken. I just hopped in to say that people will take the easy route if all routes have the same outcome in terms of rewards.

You always get that sort of incomprehending knee-jerk response on the forums; sorry you had to be subjected to it for pointing out the point. :)  

Yes, you are right, and the others in this thread are right.  There are plenty of places to get Neo/Axi relics - but the problem is that Heiracon (and to a lesser extent Xini) are the places where you can get the most in the least time. so those are where the cool kids go (put it this way, you are absolutely guaranteed a public team within seconds with either of them).

It still takes a fairly long time to get a bunch of Neos and Axis to work on even in those two places, and it still takes a bit of effort, and I'm not complaining about having to do the work or put the time in. I'd just like to see other places that have the same drop rate but with different bloody mob types.  There's Bere ofc, and though I'm not familiar with it (I only did Draco a few times in the old days), but I gather that only drops Neos, and the focus of team efforts is different (specific things are required of you that aren't required in the more relaxed Heiracon/Xini relic farming).

I wonder though, if it's as simple as the fact that the Infested move around faster, so they spawn faster?  The Corpus and Grineer sort of amble around in comparison :)

It's swings and roundabouts though, isn't it?  I guess if they hear people complaining about this, they're as likely to bring those two places in line with the rest of them, rather than lift some of the others up.