The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Today's Kuva Defense Sortie is almost impossible to complete.

S3EK3R

Yet again we lost, because the operative just stood in a gas trap, unwilling to move away. Doesn't matter how good we are, how well we synergize. The only thing I hear is:

"HELP! THEY'VE GOT ME!" "HELP! I'M DOWN!" "TENNO, HELP!" "I'M DOWN!" "HELP! THEY'VE GOT ME!"

Can we fix AI moving in defense missions? Or at least let us tell them to GTFO from the gas trap?

1 minute ago, ChuckMaverick said:

Using Limbo to put them in the rift, or Loki to Switch Teleport them away doesn't work?

Based on the half a dozen other threads on this exact topic on this exact mission within the past 10 minutes.  Nope.

I guess I have been lucky: the operative almost always stood in the middle when I did it (he takes damage when electrified, but less than from the gas), plus we had a Trinity which helped a lot.

I found Kela's assassination with "bow only" modifier much more frustrating.

I think that the AI in the defense sortie should either be better, or we should be able to influence it in some way, while still keeping the spirit of the mission. It is supposed to feel a bit different from Defense, sort of a real "mobile" defense mission. The AI keeps moving and we have to keep following and protecting it because it has ADD and cannot settle on one position. 

However, that being said. The challenge is that making the AI smart enough to totally avoid traps may be very difficult, I am not sure what that would entail. However, the alternative is being able to give the AI commands, and if we could say, command the operative to hold position, it would become a regular defense mission and defeat the whole purpose. 

So what I propose is that they give us a single command we can give an operative (but we can only give the command on a fairly short to mid length cooldown), the command would be "move to a new position". So if instead of moving around a lot, this particular time the AI has chose to keep sticking around dangerous spots, you can at least tell them to go try to find a pathway to a new temporary safe spot. Rather than just sitting where they are forever. 

What do you guys think about that idea? 

@dstrawberrygirl I guess you could also toss a Vauban bounce pad under the operative and fling them somewhere else. That might work too haha. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

38 minutes ago, dstrawberrygirl said:

Switch teleport probably the best plan, if you can live long enough to escape yourself.

You could always throw out a Decoy first if you're using the Savior Decoy augment.

Has anyone tried Valkyr's Rip Line? That sounds like the safest option if it works.

You can also kill all enemies faster than that stupid lemming dies. Had 2x Saryn today, worked like a charm. No EV tho, so it cost me a bucnh of pizzas, so EV would make this trivial, even. Still, Mr. Lemming is annoying as hell.