Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A better balanced Trinity?

DEATHLOK

Question

Here are two extremes I switch between:

Trin%20build%20A_zpsnh8jclr7.jpg

Trin%20build%20C_zpsxwdhkuwi.jpg

Build C isn't quite done, as Narrow Minded has a little to go.

I'm asking if there exists a compromise between the two, something with better survivability than A and better energy draining than C. I'd like to be able to take it out on Sorties without spending too much time on my back or being unable to keep the squad's energy reserves up.

Build B is the same as C, but with one rank higher on Fleeting Expertise. I don't know if the 5% difference is worth holding on to both, especially as I keep finding myself unable to play quite the way I'd like.

Thanks!

9 answers to this question

You could try swapping Intensify for Natural Talent in build A faster casting. Blind Rage offers more Power. Also Cunning Drift might be nice in Exilus Slot so you cover bigger area.

You could try swapping Fleeting Expertise with Stretch so your link has higher range. Remember you can still use Energy Vampire and it will give you energy (if you kill enemy with Energy Vampire on them you get all remaining ticks worth of energy at once). Even losing Streamline is ok.

This is just an idea/suggestion, but you could simply go for a duration build for Link and Bless.

Then whenever you EV something, KILL IT RIGHT away to have it instantly spread the love and energy, regardless of power duration.

Duration? Who cares? EV doesn't need it in this case. :3

For this, you might find it useful to use a weapon with high burst damage like Tigris Prime.

Then again, this is pretty much purely hypothetical.

The only Trin build that I actually play is an EV build that is almost exactly identical to your A build. 

The only difference would be that I use Cunning drift instead of Power drift. Spam 2, occasionally hit 4, when feeling really braindead just press 2, 4, 2, 4... 

Edited by NativeKiller

I guess I'm trying to find a point where damage reduction is at the maximum allowed and the energy drain for team mates is as effective as possible. A smart compromise between the two builds.

I like what my Energy Vampire build can do to Raptor and Kela De Thaym.

Is there a sweet spot for Power Duration between the needs of Energy Vampire and Bless/Link? Is it practical to have the Energy Vampire boss damage and yet keep the squads' energy reserves up?

Does Power Strength not need to be higher than 150%? What determines the damage reduction of Link? Apparently, no one yet knows the relationship between Power Strength and Damage Reflection.

Anyway, how does this look—again, as a compromise between Bless/Link and the energy needs of a typical squad:

Trin%20build%20B_zpsmmydzean.jpg

Thanks!

Edited by DEATHLOK

22 minutes ago, DEATHLOK said:

I guess I'm trying to find a point where damage reduction is at the maximum allowed and the energy drain for team mates is as effective as possible. A smart compromise between the two builds.

Is there a sweet spot for Power Duration between the needs of Energy Vampire and Bless/Link?

Does Power Strength not need to be higher than 150%? What determines the damage reduction of Link? Apparently, no one yet knows the relationship between Power Strength and Damage Reflection.

Anyway, how does this look—again, as a compromise between Bless/Link and the energy needs of a typical squad:

Trin%20build%20B_zpsmmydzean.jpg

Thanks!

I think that you could switch out Natural Talent for something else.

I mean, unless you value the slight casting-speed upgrade that much... :3

Edited by NativeKiller

This is my go-to Trin build:

a3Z3El6.jpg

I get the max Bless damage reduction from a 5/10 Blind Rage.  94% range is more than enough for Link, and makes EV doable.  Efficiency isn't that important because I can EV myself, but I do need to counteract the 5/10 Blind Rage with a Streamline.  Quick thinking and (Prime) Flow for extra survivability.  Everything else goes into Duration.

Edited by Buff00n

41 minutes ago, DEATHLOK said:

What determines the damage reduction of Link? Apparently, no one yet knows the relationship between Power Strength and Damage Reflection.

Damage *reduction* is a fixed 75% as long as at least one enemy is linked.  Damage reduction does not depend on power strength.  

Damage *reflection* is the amount of damage that is reflected to your linked target(s).  That may depend on power strength, but it's such a paltry amount of damage that no amount of power strength will make it actually kill something.

36 minutes ago, Buff00n said:

This is my go-to Trin build:

a3Z3El6.jpg

I get the max Bless damage reduction from a 5/10 Blind Rage.  94% range is more than enough for Link, and makes EV doable.  Efficiency isn't that important because I can EV myself, but I do need to counteract the 5/10 Blind Rage with a Streamline.  Quick thinking and (Prime) Flow for extra survivability.  Everything else goes into Duration.

I use a similar build. Just enough power strenght to cap damage reduction. Long duration for link and blessing. 

But how about long duration for EV? Well, EV an enemy you can kill quickly...  

But how about the negative range for EV? This is not a build to support a frame spamming his 4th. It has around 20 meter range for EV which is fine for a team that is planning to play together.