Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quick thinking + P.Flow vs Vitality + Steel Fiber?

Rhinobane

Question

I've seen this debate a few times in places, and the answer I get is usually that Frames with Higher HP and armor will benefit from Viality and SF more, but frames with High energy will benefit from Quick thinking more. However, I just recently built Saryn prime, and suffice to say, She has pretty good vitality, armor, and energy pools. With my primed flow, I can get her to 800+ energy, and my own personal build only uses spore (and sometimes molt if I have particularly bad statuses), and thats how I've been using her atm. But most of the other builds I've seen for her always use Vitality. Am I okay with sticking with Quick thinking, or should I switch to vitality?

8 answers to this question

Hey, thanks for the reply starfreak. Yeah, I tried that at first too, but I noticed that in higher level content, particularly sorties, I would melt pretty quickly if I didn't have some form of extra protection. I think that's more my issue though, since I'm used to more stealthy/agile or tanky characters, like Nezha and Ivara.

use what u feel suits u most...on some frames i use only fleeting and QT no point .but if u use primed flow.. u will have good use QT...on ivara QT is much better same for loki

Edited by ashrah

I use QT + P. Flow.  The difference is mostly Recovery Vs Max HP.

There's some preference involved based on your build. Are you using Primed Flow anyways? Are you using Zenurik? Are you using Life Strike or Regenerative Molt? Answering question like these for yourself will help you decide. I can list the values and options available to each in order to help decide.

Vitality Recovery options = Life Strike, Regenerative Molt, Arcane Grace, Rejuvenation Aura.

QT Recovery options = Zenurik, Energy Siphon, Arcane Energize, Regenerative Molt (to a lesser extent)

Saryn No Vitality
375 / 1 - 0.42857) + 300 = 956.25 eHP
Saryn Vitality
925 / (1 - 0.42857) + 300 = 1,918.75 eHP
Saryn Vitality + SF
925 / (1 - 0.61165) + 300 = 2,681.87 eHP
Saryn QT + P.Flow
850 / 1 - 0.58333) = 2,040
2,040 / (1 - 0.42857) + 956.25 = 4,526.21 eHP

Thanks for the math Xzorn, at the moment my weapon was Blood Rush Santi Magistar to restore HP, and my main focus is Vazarin. For Energy recovery I typically hold 90+ energy pizzas at all times, and in more serious content I have a friend who enjoys playing Trin who usually keeps me topped up. If He isn't avaliable its mostly just using energy pods at the right times if my energy falls too low.

I'm not actually using any augment of Saryn's at the moment, but I have seen Regenerative molt being tossed around a bit, so I may use that. Zenurik I have considered, but I dont have any zenurik lenses at the moment so I never thought much of it, but it does sound good. Lastly, I was going to finally forma my aura slot into a bar for CP and Energy Siphon.

Also should mention I am using primed flow yes, one tick away from maxed.

Edited by Rhinobane

May just be me but i only use vitality and RM for stray bullets paired with naramon on example saryn.

Toxic Lash scales off totall weapon damage before the toxic is (or should be) shared trough the spores, what makes the innitial 8x stealth multiplier WAY too attractive to not use it for petty reasons. Especially with weapons that have a good range to begin with.

The side effect that you're staying invisible while playing her with melee makes anything else irrelevant really. Works with most frames. With some better then with others tho. That aside: depends on the frame i guess.

QT does come with a price..you're beein staggered 24/7 on your energy if you don't have tools to break free from this (Fast Cc, melee animations).

It also depends on your frames base armor and energy.

Doubt that there is a concrete answer to this debate as builds tend to be rather situationall.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108