Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Adding status to tonkor and penta

Korakian

With the nerf coming to tonkor and it losing 10% crit chance and gaining the ability to kill yourself, can we atleast help the gun a little bit by adding some status to lessen the hit, as tonkor and the penta are both launchers with the smallest status chance and can benefit from some status being added.

nope, the Tonkor doesn't need help, it's been nerfed as it should have been ages ago. people don't seem to understand that the Tonkor will still blow everything to smithereens as it has always done, it's just that now you'll have to stand a bit further back if you want to admire your handiwork and not become a part of it instead.

10 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

Honestly most of the launchers were better than the Tonkor it was just the lack of self damage that put it on top.

And that is exactly why i think DE should add some status to tonkor. Even a little bit more of status could help.

49 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

nope, the Tonkor doesn't need help, it's been nerfed as it should have been ages ago. people don't seem to understand that the Tonkor will still blow everything to smithereens as it has always done, it's just that now you'll have to stand a bit further back if you want to admire your handiwork and not become a part of it instead.

Tonkor actually needs some help, pure crit weapons are and probably will be completly useless agains anything with armor or shields, so basically 2 factions in this game (3 if you count sentients in aswell), that is why im asking that for the lost 10% of base crit chance tonkor could get like 5-15% more status chance.

Just now, Korakian said:

Tonkor actually needs some help, pure crit weapons are and probably will be completly useless agains anything with armor or shields, so basically 2 factions in this game (3 if you count sentients in aswell), that is why im asking that for the lost 10% of base crit chance tonkor could get like 5-15% more status chance.

Not really because they are burst damage, by the time they drop off in damage you are well above the normal play range for enemies and it is just a matter of CC spam keeping you going.

tbh i'd prefer if the Crit Chance wasn't touched on Tonkor. it's themed as a Crit reliant Explosive Weapon - no necessity to change this.
making the Grenades duds more of the time isn't going to be positive for the game in any way.

just like the Grenades being planned to be less bouncy - i don't see any improvement to the game that stems from making the unique features of Equipment less unique.
those features are the majority reason why the Equipment has a reason to exist... why would that be reduced? no good justification even of a unique feature causing major problematic things with balance, the two features in question aren't related to that but rather to the enjoyment of using the theme of the Weapon.

9 minutes ago, Korakian said:

Tonkor actually needs some help, pure crit weapons are and probably will be completly useless agains anything with armor or shields

plenty of Damage to suffice vs Armor in most cases but more importantly - uhhhhh.... we've been able to Crit on Shields for years now, did you miss the memo?
Crits don't suffer at all vs Shields. no difference.

1 minute ago, SilvaDreams said:

Not really because they are burst damage, by the time they drop off in damage you are well above the normal play range for enemies and it is just a matter of CC spam keeping you going.

Most of the crit weapons drop off around 100+ without the use of CP or other armor removing methods, that might not be the normal playing lvl but that's where the true fun in this game begins. Also most of the crit weapons are low status, but the firerate they have compensates for the low status and those with low firerate got high status chance, exept tonkor where 10% status does nothing because it only has 2 shots in a magazine and after that you got to reload for 2 sec everytime, you can see the effects of low status even in sorties, when facing against bombards or heavy gunners.

32 minutes ago, Korakian said:

Most of the crit weapons drop off around 100+ without the use of CP or other armor removing methods, that might not be the normal playing lvl but that's where the true fun in this game begins. 

Sorry if I sound harsh, but I can't understand how people can have fun fighting hordes of bullet sponges armed with doomsday peashooters.
This kind of difficulty is the most simple and most boring way to increase difficult in games, people complays about bullet sponges since ever in game history, meanwhile in warframe people is happy fighting lvl 150+, even 200+ bullet sponges that can one shot (or quicly dispatch) most frames and sometimes even doing an absurd ammount of damage that is overkill.
I'm not a fan of infinite scaling, in my opinion a better system would be a fixed difficulty scale like going from lvl 1 to 30, where instead of turning every single enemy into a bullet sponge with evergrowing resistance and damage, we could have foes that are still resistant and deal a good ammount of damage, but not a monstrosity that could clean the floor with our frames. I'm aware that a system like this would require the powers and weapons we got now to be adjusted to "weak" versions (or not depending of the scale and other factors), but tbh this would be a good thing, this would prevent stats/mechanical aberrations like Tonkor and S. Simulor to popup and generate this amount of outcry that the forum become with the balance thread announcement.
Basically, a smaller ambient (talking about the scaling system) could help a lot with balance in general, difficulty could be achive with mechanics, modifiers, new enemy tactics, enviroment and other ways.

2 hours ago, RuslixsLV said:

SO if tonkor gets the self kill nerf then zarr becomes better?

What is the point of nerfing it it cant deal a lot of dmg to endgame enemies.

Neither can any weapon in this game, for that matter. There comes a point in enemy level scaling where weapons are no longet able to kill anything unless you use cheesy frame powers. Therefore I really don't see the point of nerfing weapons.

6 hours ago, SilvaDreams said:

Honestly most of the launchers were better than the Tonkor it was just the lack of self damage that put it on top.

6 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

These fellow Tenno have the super power of common sense.  They both have managed to see the "Real" reason for all of the salt.  I happen to agree with them as I always considered the only reason for Tonkor's popularity to be the lack of self damage.  It doesn't really matter to me personally at all because the Tonkor has always been mastery fodder for me.  How others use and/or have used it hasn't ever been a problem for me. 

I have been laughing my arse off at the resent level of salty posts regarding the upcoming change.  That's just the A-hole side of me making an appearance.  :D