Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Focus Point daily cap

(XBOX)Oussii

15 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Oussii said:

Is it possible to have an increase in the focus daily cap?

Not that i need points anymore, but 100k can be reached in 30 minutes, so maybe we can have the cap up to 150k

Just a suggestion

Nope, it was put there because when first resleased there was no cap and some insane people were maxing out entire focus lines in a day or so.

Focus isn't ment to be earned fast.

Just now, SilvaDreams said:

Nope, it was put there because when first resleased there was no cap and some insane people were maxing out entire focus lines in a day or so.

As i recall very well, when introduced, the cap was 75k.

I have no memory that it was unlimited with no cap.

where did you get that from?

6 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

Uhhh, I don't remember that happening.  IIRC, it was capped to below 100k and a lot of people were extremely upset about how quickly that cap was hit and hurt heir progression. 

1 minute ago, MagPrime said:

Uhhh, I don't remember that happening.  IIRC, it was capped to below 100k and a lot of people were extremely upset about how quickly that cap was hit and hurt heir progression. 

My point.. yes true. it was 75k.

these days you get to score 100k in Hydron in 30 minutes.

Within that, 24k syndicate points.

1 hour for 9 daily syndicate missions and simaris scanning.

Then what to play ? Nothing. you just log out

Edited by (XB1)Oussii

4 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Oussii said:

Nah, I have a clan to manage and new players to help.  

I did that already

My clan members are all 16+

And because i get bored, i buit a dojo within a dojo with full research

Have 2 research labs of everything (2 tenno labs, 2 biologie)....

Placed 16 trading post, all decoration, all research , so my only pass was the focus.

Now in 30 min i am done

Just now, (Xbox One)Oussii said:

I did that already

My clan members are all 16+

And because i get bored, i buit a dojo within a dojo with full research

Have 2 research labs of everything (2 tenno labs, 2 biologie)....

Placed 16 trading post, all decoration, all research , so my only pass was the focus.

Now in 30 min i am done

Try dropping the meta weapons and play with something else, I have virtually every weapon collected in game and still working on forma-ing them all and developing builds for them.

As for the focus cap maybe I was thinking of something else....  But could have sworn there was an issue at initial release that was letting people max out focus schools... Thus why there are some with millions of excess focus now days.

All weapons and frames (361 if my memory serves well), have a potato and been format at least 2 times including the lousy weapons.

Some were format 7 and 8 times.

as for focus, i have an excess of a minimum 1 mil on each one of 5. i am just still farming them hoping that DE one day will make an upgrade to that system.

(as i mentioned in my op.. not that i need some)

9 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Oussii said:

All weapons and frames (361 if my memory serves well), have a potato and been format at least 2 times including the lousy weapons.

Some were format 7 and 8 times.

as for focus, i have an excess of a minimum 1 mil on each one of 5. i am just still farming them hoping that DE one day will make an upgrade to that system.

(as i mentioned in my op.. not that i need some)

So... Maybe stop making the game less fun for yourself? I can't see anything stopping the game from being fun other than you just pushing towards a number.

Make a new goal.

Be like that guy who forma'd his loadout 200 times each. But do it for your entire arsenal.

5 minutes ago, Darkfeather21 said:

So... Maybe stop making the game less fun for yourself? I can't see anything stopping the game from being fun other than you just pushing towards a number.

Make a new goal.

Be like that guy who forma'd his loadout 200 times each. But do it for your entire arsenal.

I don't think they're "making the game less fun" but rather, Warframe isn't developed enough to suit OP's gaming needs.  

/shrug

Nothing wrong with out growing a game.  Sometimes the developers just can't keep up with some players. 

17 minutes ago, Darkfeather21 said:

Make a new goal.

How increasing the cap wouldn't be fun? it sure does and it sets a new dimension

Aren't you tired of waiting on DE (since they mentioned that it is a beta?)

It's time for an impovment

Just now, (Xbox One)Oussii said:

How increasing the cap wouldn't be fun? it sure does and it sets a new dimension

Aren't you tired of waiting on DE (since they mentioned that it is a beta?)

It's time for an impovment

Nope. I just hop in and play a few (dozen) missions each day because that's the fun part of the game for me. I enjoy running around doing stuff, not arbitrarily ticking a number up/down in the fastest method possible.

If I wanted to do that, I'd go play Cookie Clicker.

13 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

I don't think they're "making the game less fun" but rather, Warframe isn't developed enough to suit OP's gaming needs.  

/shrug

Nothing wrong with out growing a game.  Sometimes the developers just can't keep up with some players. 

True.

I understand that the Devs are so busy, but when you mention at the initial stage that the system will be improved, then it's time now to see that improvement

48 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Oussii said:

where did you get that from?

From when it was first released there was no cap. scG7bcX.jpg

Spawns in those sab missions were subsequentially changed so they didn't keep repsawning immediately after being killed and now have a 5-10sec timer before you can kill them as well. Then they also added the focus beacon you had to run around and collect to also limit any sort of camping focus farms like the mag crush 4x CP on draco meta.

Just now, Darkfeather21 said:

Nope. I just hop in and play a few (dozen) missions each day because that's the fun part of the game for me. I enjoy running around doing stuff, not arbitrarily ticking a number up/down in the fastest method possible.

If I wanted to do that, I'd go play Cookie Clicker.

Doing what?

And let's say i agree with you, that does not prevent to have more cap

Just now, Ghogiel said:

From when it was first released there was no cap. scG7bcX.jpg

Spawns in those sab missions were subsequentially changed so they didn't keep repsawning immediately after being killed and now have a 5-10sec timer before you can kill them as well. Then they also added the focus beacon you had to run around and collect to also limit any sort of camping focus farms like the mag crush 4x CP on draco meta.

Maybe on PC. never on XBOX

And i am not asking for unlimited, just a reasonable increase.

1 hour ago, SilvaDreams said:

Try dropping the meta weapons and play with something else, I have virtually every weapon collected in game and still working on forma-ing them all and developing builds for them.

As for the focus cap maybe I was thinking of something else....  But could have sworn there was an issue at initial release that was letting people max out focus schools... Thus why there are some with millions of excess focus now days.

I think you're thinking of syndicate rep. That was uncapped when it was first released and we were gaining pitiful rep for it.

For focus school, to what i can recall it was uncappes on initial release, but only for a few hours.

3 minutes ago, 321agemo said:

I think you're thinking of syndicate rep. That was uncapped when it was first released and we were gaining pitiful rep for it.

For focus school, to what i can recall it was uncappes on initial release, but only for a few hours.

Lol well people already confirmed what I remembered but it was a day or two not just a few hours as some confirmed.

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)Oussii said:

Welcome to every persistent progression online game ever.

At some point, you've done all of the 'content'. At that point, you evaluate: either you enjoy the core gameplay, or you do not. If you do not, you move on with your life. If you do, you keep playing, because the game is fun in and of itself.

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)Oussii said:

Doing what?

And let's say i agree with you, that does not prevent to have more cap

Sometimes I try to beat as many missions as possible in a row without getting detected as I can. Sometimes I challenge myself to only using the Lato on a high level mission. Sometimes I just go in and kill some @&#(&*@#$#s.

Point is, I just play the game and entertain myself, because that's what video games are: entertainment.

36 minutes ago, Darkfeather21 said:

Sometimes I try to beat as many missions as possible in a row without getting detected as I can. Sometimes I challenge myself to only using the Lato on a high level mission. Sometimes I just go in and kill some @&#(&*@#$#s.

Point is, I just play the game and entertain myself, because that's what video games are: entertainment.

ok. but this does not mean we need a higher  focus point cap