Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nullifier Drones can be crit, but are still awful

RedDirtTrooper

The drones should really be attatched to the globe, at the very top, as if they were actually projecting it down around underneath themselves. This would single handedly fix all the remaining issues with them. As it is right now, they float around like shield osprey, often lagging behind the Nullifier if he is headed directly towards you, so you can't shoot them. Then, when they actually are on the same side of the bubble as you, for some terrible, terrible reason, you'll still hit the globe when firing directly at them. I'm not talking about "oh I missed and hit the globe" type situations either. I'm talking you were dead on target, with a very high accuracy weapon, watched it fly directly towards them, and then the shot gets there and they take no damage but the bubble gets smaller. Even with hitscan weapons I got the same bizarre results when trying to shoot these things. Every once in a while, the hit box problems are avoided, the shot goes in to the drone, and it goes down taking it's little piece of hell with it. ABSOLUTELY GLORIOUS. Now, can we please, please, please get it to actually work? It's so unreliable that it's just not even a viable tactic to aim for it instead of just shooting the bubble until it pops.

29 minutes ago, Nezha_Rose said:

I ended up ignoring the drones completely, just pop the bubble the old way instead. The globe scale does work and I appreciate that a ton.

yep, still quicker to just jump in and slice them up (level allowing).  

I can confirm having the same grievances as the op has. Even with a sniper I haven't been able to hit the bubble drone, even if 100% on target. The thing might have a tad too small of a hitbox, if it even has one currently. As things stand now I for sure cannot hit it, and have to resort to old nullifier clearing methods.

its just hilarious that they were like : ok lets make these bubble drone things, but lets make sure they move around all erratic and laggy and that their hitbox is super small and INSIDE THE BUBBLE, oh boy that'll get'em all riled up! XD buncha losers those tenno haha!

sigh.... SMDH... FFS DE =/ 1 step forward and 2 steps back for 4+ years now XD dont wanna break that streak =P

Edited by CY13ERPUNK

With my sniper and bow loadouts, I still carry around my magnetic Hikou for clearing bubbles with how unreliable hitting the microscopic hitbox is. 

I've gotten it to work ONCE out of the dozens of bubbles I've attempted this on. This is preceding dozens of deaths where standing there like a moron trying to shoot the damn thing got me killed instead, and time is of the essence.