Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will the forgotten ASH ever Be "rereworked"

ShadowStalker

22 minutes ago, Shad0wWatcher said:

That my friend is because Ash has no real CC, that and people just get very butthurt about not being able to target enemies being attacked by Ash during bladestorm, i personally love Ash the way he is, but it can always be better, people just want him to get the attention he deserves. So do i, the changes he got just felt lazy and like they didn't really give those changes a lot of thought, Ash is by no means broken, he's still the biggest badass in the game imo, hell he's been my main bad boy for about 4 years now. And i don't see that changing. But the thing is, DE really just could've taken their time with Ash, i don't think anybody would've objected to that, i know we're a bunch of impatient little children some times and DE wants to deliver n what they promised, but Ash bladestorm felt rushed in so many ways.

And the fact that Rebecca (no offence to her in the slightest) but it would've been better to ask the players who actually main Ash to test the ability instead of Rebecca who doesn't really play Ash much from what i've seen. So when she said that the tweaks were really cool and felt great didn't feel believable, they tested it in a solo play but what about in teams? Did they account for that? Bladestorm before was basically just a kill switch, but now it's still a kill switch that just requires you to do more, which is great, but it feels like they didn't really check for many options, from what i've heard about it was that Scott had first tried a concept of BS working the same way WoF works, which actually sounded very interesting, especially considering what we got in the end.

Or maybe it was our own fault for being so freaking annoying about this topic, some players wanted an exalted bladestorm for Ash, others wanted it to be the same but more interactive, etc. So maybe they decided to play it safe with Ash cause he's a fan-favorite frame.

I get what your saying, but have you ever considered the fact that frames like Oberon, hydroid and zephyr who actually needs a revisit more than ash. I mean I see an ash time to time. Yet I never see any of those frames I have listed. My point is that you and nezrithim have all the reason to be upset about the "ash revisit" but just remember that there are frames out their who gets literally no love or attention from DE. Also they could have pulled a mag on ash, like changing his bladestorm damage from finisher damage to straight up slash damage, or change him to a melee frame to a summoner or worst, a damage frame to a CC  frame *gasp*

Edited by (XB1)CFE Angry

4 minutes ago, Shad0wWatcher said:

Hahahahaha nice, such is the story of life, Ash was too ninja for them to realize he was there?

MEANWHILE! AT DE'S HQ!

"Okay, for shuriken we will-"

"Hey guys, pizza or pasta?"

"I would like some chinese food"

"I'm on a diet"

"Okay, what do we eat?"

"Pizza!"

"Okay, be right back"

"okay, what were we doing?"

"I... don't know.."

"Uh... wasn't it... the realistic grass on earth?"

"Yeah.. I think so"

"Okay, let's work"

Edited by Nazrethim

5 minutes ago, (Xbox One)CFE Angry said:

I get what your saying, but have you ever considered the fact that frames like Oberon, hydroid and zephyr who actually needs a revisit more than ash. I mean I see an ash time to time. Yet I never see any of those frames I have listed. My point is that you and nezrithim have all the reason to be upset about the "ash revisit" but just remember that there are frames out their who gets literally no love or attention from DE. Also they could have pulled a mag on ash, like changing his bladestorm damage from finisher damage to straight up slash damage.

Oh you're absolutely right about that, tho i only just recently got Zephyr so idk about her, i still play Oberon cause i actually like him and the idea behind him, i think he's interesting and Hydroid, while i think he's fun to play as, he just doesn't do enough damage to survive against high level enemies, maybe that's just my build on him, i haven't really looked into how to actually play with him, i just slapped some mods on him to increase his damage and hp and shield, basic mods. But really, i'd say Hydroid needs it the most at the moment.

10 minutes ago, Nazrethim said:

MEANWHILE! AT DE'S HQ!

"Okay, for shuriken we will-"

"Hey guys, pizza or pasta?"

"I would like some chinese food"

"I'm on a diet"

"Okay, what do we eat?"

"Pizza!"

"Okay, be right back"

"okay, what were we doing?"

"I... don't know.."

"Uh... wasn't it... the realistic grass on earth?"

"Yeah.. I think so"

"Okay, let's work"

Hey to be fair....earth grass did look beautiful as frick, so i welcome that one. But Ash...pff...time will tell.

1 minute ago, Shad0wWatcher said:

Hey to be fair....earth grass did look beautiful as frick, so i welcome that one. But Ash...pff...time will tell.

We still have two solid chances for a second revisit:

Ash Prime retroactive trailer: because spinning the camera like a maniac to apply chevrons and telebugging inside a rampart and getting stuck, or aiming a shuriken then seeing it fly offscreen into a random don't really make for a compelling trailer.

Possible Ash Umbra future release: We know Excalibur hasn't released yet, but that doesn't stop DE to give more frames their Umbra versions eventually.

They could also take 1 year (after revisit) of Ash feedback to go and re-revisit him too.

Edited by Nazrethim

1 minute ago, Nazrethim said:

We still have two solid chances for a second revisit:

Ash Prime retroactive trailer: because spinning the camera like a maniac to apply chevrons and telebugging inside a rampart and getting stuck, or aiming a shuriken then seeing it fly offscreen into a random don't really make for a compelling trailer.

Possible Ash Umbra future release: We know Excalibur hasn't released yet, but that doesn't stop DE to give more frames their Umbra versions.

They could also take 1 year (after revisit) of Ash feedback to go and re-revisit him too.

Oh yeah the prime trailers, is Ash getting one as well? I haven't heard about that, also i think Umbra is gonna be like the primes in the sense that every frame will get one. Again bro, time will tell....or DE will tell.

2 minutes ago, Shad0wWatcher said:

Oh yeah the prime trailers, is Ash getting one as well? I haven't heard about that, also i think Umbra is gonna be like the primes in the sense that every frame will get one. Again bro, time will tell....or DE will tell.

DE stated that Primes released previous to Saryn (who got the first Ballas-narrated one) will eventually get one, possibly when they get vaulted/unvaulted whatdayaknow.. Ash is probably the next in Vault line iirc the release order.

Edited by Nazrethim

Just tossing in an opinion here, yeah the current implementation of Blade Storm is rather boring, what would be more interesting is if his shurikens added marks instead and were consumed when he hits 4 and if only his shadow copies were the ones teleporting around and killing everything so Ash could just walk off and let Blade Storm do its work.

If you mean the change to his 4. Now is safer, you can have it ready to go BS when you are in danger rather than looking for an enemy when you need to. All his other abilities got a buff. Also, remember when you pressed 4 but there was an Ancient disruptor there and you got stuck for the whole duration? Well now you can choose what you want dead and take care of whatever screws it.

Ash is dead not because of him being bad but rather part of his playerbase refusing to learn a new way to play him.

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)CFE Angry said:

I get what your saying, but have you ever considered the fact that frames like Oberon, hydroid and zephyr who actually needs a revisit more than ash. I mean I see an ash time to time. Yet I never see any of those frames I have listed. My point is that you and nezrithim have all the reason to be upset about the "ash revisit" but just remember that there are frames out their who gets literally no love or attention from DE. Also they could have pulled a mag on ash, like changing his bladestorm damage from finisher damage to straight up slash damage, or change him to a melee frame to a summoner or worst, a damage frame to a CC  frame *gasp*

yes oberon and hydroid and ash(after them ofcourse) if this 3 get revisited/reworked ill enjoy this game SO MUCH MORE 

11 minutes ago, (PS4)lhbuch said:

His best build now is for a duration based fatal teleport or seeking shuriken. 

Bladestorm can still be used but in groups, while you are happily marking your dear enemies, your team mates already killed them. 

yup i was in a 60 wave def on Jupitor an Equinox left with 2.7k kills while i left with  300 :p BS only no weapons since i was lvling them up on the side

Good thing was (lenny face) astral twilight droped 

Edited by FormulaXP

On 3/29/2017 at 3:02 PM, (PS4)kingbrown2012 said:

I seen some of this from other rework ideas but here is My rework for ash bladestorm 

bladestorm becomes an exalted ability with his arm blades out and has a sparring stance using arm blades for finishers 

energy drain - 5 energy per sec when unmodded 

damage - it's an exalted weapon so it does damage according to the mods on your melee 

passive - while in bladestorm all movements becomes short to medium distance smoke dashes/teleports similar to grinner manic ( this is a bladestorm only passive )

shurkien - bleed procs last longer and does more damage 

smoke screen - throws down a bomb that causes a lot of smoke any enemy caught in it gets the old bladestorm treatment 

teleport - no cost during bladestorm mode and on activation causes a quick bladestorm strike to a group of foes opening them up for finishers 

Bladestorm should make ash show more smoke when he is in it much like it does now and while blade strike animations are happening he is invulnerable 

3 minutes ago, FormulaXP said:

explain in detail how would you want it to be

Here you go 

Maybe it's because I'm on PS4 but I have no problems with Ash. I use Ash Prime but that doesn't make much of a difference. 

I use his 1, 2 and 4. I really don't use 3 much at all.

The animation of his 4 seems OK and the damage is crazy. I have no problems bringing down some ninja wrath!

Hydroid... There is a frame that could use some Jesus!

Just now, (PS4)MastrCruu said:

Maybe it's because I'm on PS4 but I have no problems with Ash. I use Ash Prime but that doesn't make much of a difference. 

I use his 1, 2 and 4. I really don't use 3 much at all.

The animation of his 4 seems OK and the damage is crazy. I have no problems bringing down some ninja wrath!

Hydroid... There is a frame that could use some Jesus!

Ashs bladestorm sucks can't even kill sentients or anything with good health it's power and dps was nerfed that is why it needs to be an exalted ability 

7 minutes ago, (PS4)kingbrown2012 said:

Ashs bladestorm sucks can't even kill sentients or anything with good health it's power and dps was nerfed that is why it needs to be an exalted ability 

I just can't take you seriously at this point. And as an FYI: your suggestion to "fix" bladestorm does nothing to address the dps issue you seem to be having since his passive is already:

Any Slash b Slash Procs inflicted by Ash (from both weapons and abilities) deal 25% more damage and last 50% longer.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

I just can't take you seriously at this point. And as an FYI: your suggestion to "fix" bladestorm does nothing to address the dps issue you seem to be having since his passive is already:

Whatever you say I just want a better ability for his fourth not a half effort rework nerfed his fourth and not address any of its flaws to begin with

21 minutes ago, (PS4)kingbrown2012 said:

Whatever you say I just want a better ability for his fourth not a half effort rework nerfed his fourth and not address any of its flaws to begin with

First, assemble your thoughts into an orderly comprensive manner.

Second, remember that Ash isn't just Blade Storm, his other abilities should synergize, not receive straight buffs from it (which would make them dependant on it)

Third, consider the posible ramifications of your idea. Predict power builds and actual gameplay details.

Last, consider how it would be translated to Conclave without being broken nor useless, even if you don't like Conclave, after all, a half work is bad, right?