Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Limbo has me wondering why

DEATHLOK

Question

Online, I'm seeing more trolling with Limbo, especially with the new Stasis ability.

I've played a bit with the build. I realize I can't roll any more, which will affect my movement speed and is contrary to the way I fight with every other Warframe.

I've not managed to Banish anything; when I try, the targets just die.

I've seen other players create Rift bubbles that shrink over time. I can't—the most I manage is some sort of explosion killing enemies in an undetermined range.

Maybe the build I had no longer works.

I'm trying to understand: Players complain about trolls putting them into the Void to keep them out of combat, so DE adds another troll mechanic allowing for invulnerable enemies?

Who designed all this?

My wish is that to prevent the so frequent crashes for the number of projectile in stasis they freeze only the istance of damage while previewing the damage that you will deal to the enemy...so it would be actually more flexible for allies...

Sure you can't roll, but you should still be able to bullet jump (bring out them bullet jump mods). You could also focus on enhancing his sprint speed to make him faster.

On 3/31/2017 at 3:15 AM, (Xbox One)R3d P01nt said:

I think the complaint is that you can grab a focus token and then have the Limbo put everything in Stasis and make the enemies unkillable for the duration of your focus token, thus negating any positive effects of that token.  IOW, you won't get your focus.

Personally I didn't know that this was a thing. However, I would like to ask, are you saying the targets are actually invulnerable or that your just can't shoot them due to the bullet pause? Because I believe they can still take melee damage when they are in stasis. Also can't your projectiles also overheat the Limbo's stasis cutting it short?

21 hours ago, (Xbox One)RAG is NAROK said:

Personally I didn't know that this was a thing. However, I would like to ask, are you saying the targets are actually invulnerable or that your just can't shoot them due to the bullet pause? Because I believe they can still take melee damage when they are in stasis. Also can't your projectiles also overheat the Limbo's stasis cutting it short?

IDK.  I was trying to articulate what I thought the complaint was.  It would be very troubling if the Limbo can be even more troll-y than the old Limbo.

I hated Limbo for how his skills worked BEFORE rework...

Now, after his rework (is there anyone who can call it nerf?) I wanted to check him out and... I like it! I really do like it. I learned how his new skills works and I actually enjoyed playing him, forma him.

It wasn't just stupid "stay and wait for others to do the job for me"... I actually had fun with running between planes, helping others, reviving them etc. killing our enemies easily after I hit 4th than 2nd and 3th skill... It was FUN!

Yeah my limbo is still a paper frame, but i putted Quick Thinking on him so he could survive after some killing blow or something, I have no idea how to build him to be UNIVERSAL so i did something like that: My two forma build

Yeah he's "augmented" xD Maybe i did something wrong but this is my first build for him and I find it enjoyable.

On 3/29/2017 at 10:45 PM, InsanityKey said:

Well, no.  Like I said in the rest of my post.  You can still shoot them.  You'll just have to wait for the stasis to end or overload it yourself (Which is actually quite easy, one shot of the Zarr barrage will drop the stasis)  No offense, but these are the comments I don't get.  People seem to have the idea that your bullets outright don't count just because they don't hit instantly :/

r u saying nobody would complain if their bullets got frozen?

and limbo can use 4 combined with 3 to banish all enemies in range so nobody can hit anything.

yet, ppl are just asking to nerf 4's dmg. if limbo's 4 was nerfed. there's only 'troll' play style left. lets see how DE handle this.

11 hours ago, (Xbox One)R3d P01nt said:

IDK.  I was trying to articulate what I thought the complaint was.  It would be very troubling if the Limbo can be even more troll-y than the old Limbo.

Yeah, I don't know either.

Another thing that just dawned on me is that I don't think stasis stops Warframe powers (I'm on Xbone and we don't have the limbo update so I could be wrong) so in theory powers like Ember's World on Fire, Saryn's Spores/Miasma and Equinox's Maim should still work. If anyone can tests these and correct me that would be great.

On 4/3/2017 at 4:52 PM, djtotato said:

r u saying nobody would complain if their bullets got frozen?

and limbo can use 4 combined with 3 to banish all enemies in range so nobody can hit anything.

yet, ppl are just asking to nerf 4's dmg. if limbo's 4 was nerfed. there's only 'troll' play style left. lets see how DE handle this.

No, I was saying people were taking the bullet freezing way too seriously.  Sure it can be a little tedious in super low level 1-shot kind of content, but like I said, people act like the bullet freezing completely nullifies all your damage and you CAN'T kill anything, it's literally just a delay that gives the added benefit of not taking any damage at all from the frozen enemies.  And as far as Cataclysm goes, you can still hit things, both with bullets if you want to wait the little bit and melee to get an immediate return if you're really that impatient.

The only thing Limbo can really do to troll anymore is block activatable objectives with Cataclysm (Which I think is more just DE being $&*&*#(%& about what can and can't be pulled into the rift) or if he deliberately pulls enemies into the rift without pulling any allies in just to let them sit, which I don't know how you'd fix without trashing the frame as a whole.