Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Taken usernames..inactive players..etc will they forever be unusable?

ShadowStalker

Nope! How do you think I got this name? Took from an inactive user! They need to be inactive for a minimum of 2 years, but sometimes DE allows you to take if it was "name sniped" which basically means people only took the name for the sake of no one else getting to have it. Just contact support and if they allow it, pay 200p

Edited by FashionFrame

18 minutes ago, FashionFrame said:

Nope! How do you think I got this name? Took from an inactive user! They need to be inactive for a minimum of 2 years, but sometimes DE allows you to take if it was "name sniped" which basically means people only took the name for the sake of no one else getting to have it. Just contact support and if they allow it, pay 200p

Huh well that's cool DE allows that...I figured once a name was taken thats it. But it don't matter to me because I have always liked my profile name. Have had it for fifteen or so years now hehe.

1 hour ago, RoninJed said:

Huh well that's cool DE allows that...I figured once a name was taken thats it. But it don't matter to me because I have always liked my profile name. Have had it for fifteen or so years now hehe.

Yeah I've seen it done with many friends, including many who got actual warframe names like "Mesa" "Chroma" and more! 

40 minutes ago, Freezing-Dragon said:

Friend were once called "Chroma" or so took the name prior.

We both are confused on the name of "Chroma" because the name of it wasn't existed or known until the actual Chroma dragon frame out.

haha thats sick :P your friend must have been so surprised :P

18 hours ago, FormulaXP said:

fair amounts of usernames i would like to use but already taken when i check their profile  (i think) feels like they are inactive so is they anyway to sort this out

Screenshot the profile in question and send it to support.

Its what I had to do to get this name.  Someone made an alt 28th the name but failed to maintain any activity on it.  So, I screencapped the stats that showed no exp on any items and no play time recorded, sent it to support and asked for the name.

I get the frustration with a name being taken, but do like that they give you a fair amount of time before you lose it. I just came back from a 6 month or so break and it would have completely bummed me out to see my name gone. I've stopped playing games just for this reason (looking at you Old Rep!).

12 minutes ago, koldmiser said:

I get the frustration with a name being taken, but do like that they give you a fair amount of time before you lose it. I just came back from a 6 month or so break and it would have completely bummed me out to see my name gone. I've stopped playing games just for this reason (looking at you Old Rep!).

A simple way to avoid that would be that any accounts above a certain MR should be immune to having their names taken.

I can't say that I fully agree with DE being able to take player names and give them to someone else. I am sure it has a very certain type of circumstance though because honestly as a personality I cannot imagine if I went in active for a while and eventually came back to find someone using my name that things would go well!

On 4/2/2017 at 2:48 PM, MagPrime said:

Screenshot the profile in question and send it to support.

Its what I had to do to get this name.  Someone made an alt 28th the name but failed to maintain any activity on it.  So, I screencapped the stats that showed no exp on any items and no play time recorded, sent it to support and asked for the name.

ahaha thanks that what i did and now i got this name XD

On 4/2/2017 at 8:26 AM, DogManDan said:

I can't say that I fully agree with DE being able to take player names and give them to someone else. I am sure it has a very certain type of circumstance though because honestly as a personality I cannot imagine if I went in active for a while and eventually came back to find someone using my name that things would go well!

Agreed.

Even though I took this name from someone else, in my defense it was a name hold account, they didnt even bother getting xp on anything, I wouldn't handle someone taking my day to day alias very well.

12 minutes ago, LazerSkink said:

That really pisses me off, but at least Support understands that things like it exist.

I was tempted to let it be but then I saw that they were name holding Mag Prime but picked Excal as a starter.

Was a matter of principle after that.