Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ascension is not cool, bro, not cool.

MightyHatchet

Um.. Right before I leave to go on a family trip I get a prompt saying ascension is available. But it needs to be researched.

I come back and find out what that all meant. Not cool bro, not cool.

72 hours? Really? I play practically every day. Some of that research was done by me. Not the leeches who got the endo reward.

There are people in my clan with over 100 days without logging in, so I get what you are trying to do with the time limit.

But how is this fair to me? As I said I play almost everyday.

It was Spring break in my country for gods sake! I went on a reasonable vacation!

I don't expect anyone from DE to ever check the feedback threads and respond to this, but I had to get this out there.

I have already put up with some crap due to your experiments to improve the clan experience with researching the hema and during the pacifism defect, but this is the straw that has broke the camels back.

You have actually made me hate being in a clan so much that I am not sure what is the best course of action to improve my experience but I'm sure that this is some how all my fault and I need to take some kind of action to improve things on my own.

In summary:

1. Hema research

2. The Pacifism Defect

3. Ascension

4. The horrible future

Edited by MightyHatchet
spelling

1 minute ago, AdunSaveMe said:

I don't get it. You don't lose anything by having other people get the reward, and it's intended to benefit the clan as a whole. People who have been offline for 100 days probably won't get it anyway. You want to be the only one to get the reward?

How is it unfair to you? You lose literally nothing.

I think they missed out on the Endo from the ceremony.

3 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

I think they missed out on the Endo from the ceremony.

That's not what it sounds like.

Even then, I'm pretty sure it tells you that there's a limit. Is DE supposed to assume you're going on a vacation?

Edited by AdunSaveMe

19 minutes ago, MightyHatchet said:

1. Hema research

2. The Pacifism Defect

3. Ascension

Hema is bad because a long term goal? 

Pacifisim defect a unique event with a new game mode and a new weapon along with something that requires time and helping out your clan

Ascension that rewards you for playing the game researching stuff within the dojo for a max (rank 9) for 45k endo and special perks 

How are any of these bad features at all I don't understand any of this hate. All of the things you have listed are things that require time and participation which is the entire purpose of clans

Edited by SolaireTheSunWalker

They needed to make this time-sensitive in order to have meaning to the community as a real-time event. If they waited to make sure none of the 30 million registered losers users were on vacation at the time, they would never have rolled out the update. Sorry about your luck, Tenno, but for every change in a game there is someone who misses out. This time, it was you.

My sympathies.

I understand your pain.  One of my clanmate made an honest mistake the week before the update by kicking is own &#! out of our clan.  We invite him back the day before ascension.  Well, we didn't know the there was a 5-7 day time limit to be in a clan before being able to claim ascension reward.  So I had one of my top donor for 2 year not being able to claim his fair share of ascension ... Yup it suck.  I feel your pain.

14 minutes ago, SolaireTheSunWalker said:

Pacifisim defect a unique event with a new game mode and a new weapon along with something that requires time and helping out your clan

Ascension that rewards you for playing the game researching stuff within the dojo for a max (rank 9) for 45k endo and special perks 

How are any of these bad features at all I don't understand any of this hate. All of the things you have listed are things that require time and participation which is the entire purpose of clans

Dude, I don't think I've ever said this to you, but I absolutely love reading things you have to say on the forums. Kudos to you man.

+1

18 minutes ago, SolaireTheSunWalker said:

Are you just contrarian, or do you really believe what you write?

As I mentioned there are many guys in my clan with over 100 days offline. I took 5. During Spring Break.

1. I have put well over 20,000 mutagen samples into our research but we are still a long way off.

2. The pacifism event result was based on the best scores of all the members of your clan so our dead weight reduced my contribution and there is nothing that I could have possibly done about it.

3. Leeches who were timely got rewarded for my hard work thanks to the ascension mechanic. It wasn't a effort based reward at all.

Thanks for trying to shoot me down but your argument was really weak and poorly thought out.

26 minutes ago, MightyHatchet said:

Are you just contrarian, or do you really believe what you write?

As I mentioned there are many guys in my clan with over 100 days offline. I took 5. During Spring Break.

1. I have put well over 20,000 mutagen samples into our research but we are still a long way off.

2. The pacifism event result was based on the best scores of all the members of your clan so our dead weight reduced my contribution and there is nothing that I could have possibly done about it.

3. Leeches who were timely got rewarded for my hard work thanks to the ascension mechanic. It wasn't a effort based reward at all.

Thanks for trying to shoot me down but your argument was really weak and poorly thought out.

It's exactly what I believe

1- 20k and still far off 1 - make a smaller clan there's downsizing now 2- get players who'll help out with it instead of you doing everything yourself. 

2 -  same response get active players playing the event as I said the key to the event is participation. DE let you know a head of time to prepare for the clan and literally hinting (remove players or aren't active get active players) you could of accounted for it there was more than enough time. Or again make a smaller clan my clan the consists of two active players managed to get the ignis and easily could of got in the top 10% if I cared enough but I didn't so I never got it. The event's easy with active players. Also prior to the event DE said it was a clan event again, not a solo event these are how clans are meant to be something that takes the effort of other players. 

3 - Kick anyone who tries to leech off you.

I still don't understand any of this hate for these features or events or why you have decided to be rude to me for stating my opinion ? 

Edited by SolaireTheSunWalker

I might be wrong, but isn't endo unacquired by those who hadn't taken it in time supposed to remain within the altar until the next ascension?
Or is it going to be just endo given to OP for the next level-up of the clan as a reward (around 10K or something), and other 45K would dissappear?

There are also people in my clan who didn't make it to the ascension ceremony in time, and we'll have to wait for more researches to be added and done in order to see if they can take ALL the endo, not only a part of this lot.

Edited by AtheeA5

It's exactly the kind of thoughtless, half-assed solution to a simple problem I'd expect from DE.  Too busy polishing where it shows at first glance, leaving no time to deal with anything else, so it ends up under the carpet.

Why not have that endo available to every member, without any kind of time limit on being able to access it, and instead have a requirement that they log into the game a certain number of days, while members of the clan, to unlock access, like daily log-in reward milestones?  That would be a proper reward for being active in the clan, that would actually be an incentive for people to join, and not a one-off for a privileged few.  There could also be bonuses for taking part in events and submitting resources (although the game would have to start tracking those at the required level).

(Of course swapping clans wouldn't give you another chance at the same reward, because you could only claim each tier's reward once.  Also swapping clans would mean you'd have to accrue the full number of required days in the clan all over again, to be eligible for the next reward that you hadn't claimed, while it could have been just a couple more if you'd stayed put.  Also there's no reason not to count past time in a clan towards the total, if a player left briefly and then returned.)

Edited by polarity

23 minutes ago, AtheeA5 said:

I might be wrong, but isn't endo unacquired by those who hadn't taken it in time supposed to remain within the altar until the next ascension?

This would make sense. If not, then the whole thing should have been handled very differently. 72 hours of having logged in is IN NO WAY a measure of how much a player has contributed to the clan over months, even years of playing the game. 

I think we need clarification on this point from DE soon. I suspect a lot of people will be feeling this way and it is entirely justified. But i see the white knights are already all over this post, going so far as to defend the hema... "Bu-but it's a team effo-"HAHAHANO. Its only ridiculous. As is the excuse.

I'm not going to say DE flopped again with this ascension thing because it might turn out to be a minor inconvenience only... but i guess we'll see.  

1 hour ago, SolaireTheSunWalker said:

It's exactly what I believe

1- 20k and still far off 1 - make a smaller clan there's downsizing now 2- get players who'll help out with it instead of you doing everything yourself. 

2 -  same response get active players playing the event as I said the key to the event is participation. DE let you know a head of time to prepare for the clan and literally hinting (remove players or aren't active get active players) you could of accounted for it there was more than enough time. Or again make a smaller clan my clan the consists of two active players managed to get the ignis and easily could of got in the top 10% if I cared enough but I didn't so I never got it. The event's easy with active players. Also prior to the event DE said it was a clan event again, not a solo event these are how clans are meant to be something that takes the effort of other players. 

3 - Kick anyone who tries to leech off you.

I still don't understand any of this hate for these features or events or why you have decided to be rude to me for stating my opinion ? 

Umm..

I am not able to kick anyone or downsize because I am just a member not part of the leadership.

Seriously, are you trolling?

Maybe you lack some basic... skills.

41 minutes ago, MightyHatchet said:

Umm..

I am not able to kick anyone or downsize because I am just a member not part of the leadership.

Seriously, are you trolling?

Maybe you lack some basic... skills.

Completely ignored what I said and turned to insults noice.

1 ) If you don't like the fact your clan doesn't do anything join a different clan, as an example a small clan. You seem to have an issue with costs and x amount of points needed for events then join someone else. It's not hard there's many many small clans out there.  Or talk to your warlord just because YOU don't have the ability to downsize or kick inactive players doesn't mean others in your clan are the same. Most clan leaders will remove inactive players if you actually bring it up. Or again join a different clan. 

I'm not trolling nor do I lack "basic skills" there's many solutions other there instead of just turning to insults perhaps take what I said into account because I provided many solutions to whatever your problem may be. You can either ignore them or try to follow some of them. At this point all you've done is ignore the valid ones and just attempt to insult me which is rather pointless and gets us no where.

Again it's your choice on what you want to and it's a simple fix. 

To elaborate further you said at one point you put 20k mutagen samples but still very far from completing it. If you joined a ghost clan it only takes 5k mutagen samples and just like that you'd have the weapon and one of your problems are solved but you decided not to join a smaller clan then complained about the fact it takes so many people to complete it and it's a bad feature. Why join such a big clan then? it's not DE's fault or a bad feature it was your choice to join such a huge clan.

I'll just leave it at that, this conversation isn't really getting anywhere and it's just repeated insults for trying to provide help (not that I actually really care I just like having proper conversations)  

1 hour ago, SolaireTheSunWalker said:

Completely ignored what I said and turned to insults noice.

1 ) If you don't like the fact your clan doesn't do anything join a different clan, as an example a small clan. You seem to have an issue with costs and x amount of points needed for events then join someone else. It's not hard there's many many small clans out there.  Or talk to your warlord just because YOU don't have the ability to downsize or kick inactive players doesn't mean others in your clan are the same. Most clan leaders will remove inactive players if you actually bring it up. Or again join a different clan. 

I'm not trolling nor do I lack "basic skills" there's many solutions other there instead of just turning to insults perhaps take what I said into account because I provided many solutions to whatever your problem may be. You can either ignore them or try to follow some of them. At this point all you've done is ignore the valid ones and just attempt to insult me which is rather pointless and gets us no where.

Again it's your choice on what you want to and it's a simple fix. 

To elaborate further you said at one point you put 20k mutagen samples but still very far from completing it. If you joined a ghost clan it only takes 5k mutagen samples and just like that you'd have the weapon and one of your problems are solved but you decided not to join a smaller clan then complained about the fact it takes so many people to complete it and it's a bad feature. Why join such a big clan then? it's not DE's fault or a bad feature it was your choice to join such a huge clan.

I'll just leave it at that, this conversation isn't really getting anywhere and it's just repeated insults for trying to provide help (not that I actually really care I just like having proper conversations)  

You really don't know what you are talking about. Just look at the threads were people had switched before the ascension feature and were locked out of rewards.

Just like before the pacifism defect. This kind of thing could/will happen again. Especially, if no one points out the trouble it causes.

BTW this is the third clan I've joined. They are always active at first then the leadership gets bored and stops logging in.

If I left, then all my hard work would be for nothing and my next clan could be much worse. I'd rather improve my clan than abandon it.

Members have no way to protect our investments in our clans. Or even safe places to complain about clan grievances.

There is no asynchronous way to message players in game, so there is no way to "talk" to my clan lord unless I find him in game.

Seriously, if you white knights have nothing helpful to add, just go away. You won't be missed.

4 minutes ago, MightyHatchet said:

You really don't know what you are talking about. Just look at the threads were people had switched before the ascension feature and were locked out of rewards.

Just like before the pacifism defect. This kind of thing could/will happen again. Especially, if no one points out the trouble it causes.

BTW this is the third clan I've joined. They are always active at first then the leadership gets bored and stops logging in.

If I left, then all my hard work would be for nothing and my next clan could be much worse. I'd rather improve my clan than abandon it.

Members have no way to protect our investments in our clans. Or even safe places to complain about clan grievances.

There is no asynchronous way to message players in game, so there is no way to "talk" to my clan lord unless I find him in game.

Seriously, if you white knights have nothing helpful to add, just go away. You won't be missed.

As you didn't really explain anything with "switched" I'll assume you're talking about switched clans before ascension was a thing you're right I haven't seen enough threads but if you are talking about switching clans before it was a thing and got locked out. It sucks for them but it can clearly be abused.

For the pacifism defect this was put out before the event even started. Remember: When the Operation starts, your rosters are LOCKED. No new members can join to compete, and new clans formed won’t count for competition. Clear note put out before the event started.

You're right if you left your hard work would for sure be for nothing but you never considered the fact that it'd cost tons and tons of resources before hand and have to deal with inactive players. It was once again your choice to join a huge clan, don't blame DE for the Hema research because it costs too much. Of course it'd cost tons it's a huge clan that's a given. From the sounds of it your clan hasn't improved in a while otherwise you wouldn't really be complaining about it so you're left with choice. Either try to improve it more or leave it. 

If you're warlord has done anything right, there will be many ... many players with the ability to kick players so the odds of literally everyone that has those abilities are inactive players I highly doubt it, someone needs to run the clan. 

Not sure how I'm a white knight because I'm not "defending anyone who can't defend themselves" backing up your own points doesn't make you a white knight, at least the insults died down a bit. Not to mention I've actually provided a lot of helpful suggestions you could do but you choose to ignore it, and that's fine you're, you. I'm me if that's how you're are so be it, but this thread has derailed off it's actual purpose although it's original purpose was basically just flat out hate.

3 hours ago, MightyHatchet said:

Not really white knighting, actual advice and feedback, but ok.

Have you considered making your own clan then since you can't seem to find one that fits your standards?

A tip, cut the Leeches/inactive and lone Wolfs from your clan, is better to have a few trustful players than a bunch of no ones that anyone ever played with it ever saw on any chat or 3rd party program you use to communication...