Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Performance and the Future of PhysX Effects

Jengerer

36 minutes ago, Anubis.ft.Chacal said:

Like I said, Ive tested it on gameengine. This game sucks, its not warframe. Who write the game is free to improve everything with codes. FleX is more complex than PhysX (which just create some glowing beatles with a lit of physics) and a lot of knowledge is needed...so thats why Killing Floor sucks. Just look at other videos and ull see.

I didnt say Killing Floor sucks i said Flex sucks.Killing Floor is an awesome game and i love the series.The Devs from this game are fantastic and my favorite ones in the whole industry.Digital extreme is on my second place :P <3

There is a reason why quite no game uses Flex.So i think Warframe should stay by Physx as long as possible.

18 hours ago, Anubis.ft.Chacal said:

Like I said, Ive tested it on gameengine. This game sucks, its not warframe. Who write the game is free to improve everything with codes. FleX is more complex than PhysX (which just create some glowing beatles with a lit of physics) and a lot of knowledge is needed...so thats why Killing Floor sucks. Just look at other videos and ull see.

things tend to be awesome in an empty box testing room, and less so when in an actual game that has other things to handle as well.

With PhysX re-enabled are there any plans of meaningful improvement to the way physics are done within Warframe or is it going to be like I said where "it works, so why bother"?

Issues within PhysX were a good reason to look to something that worked across the board instead of just a portion of the playerbase.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Not exactly sure where to post this but here goes... (should there be a more appropriate area, please tell me)

In (around) 2008 i was playing a much bigger and more enhanced game (which still runs flawlessly today) which originally had similar issues with plains. This game was called Lineage II and the company was NCSoft. Im very much enjoying plains of eidolon, the grinding involved and the perks that have come with it, not so much the random dashboards and random critical errors. That company fixed their issues and may hav answers to the coding questions the developers are seeking.

Loving your continued work DE, both graphically and gameplay-wise, keep it up, i hope this helps in some way.

Archived