Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Concept Suggestion] Creating Incentive for Kuva Fortress and the Void, Turning them into Endgame Contents

FoxFX

THE ISSUES ADDRESSED

rtNbTG2.jpg

In Devstream #85, [DE] went over a question concerning the appeal the Kuva Fortress tileset has in the game. They have gone over the issue concluding that there is no incentive for players to go and replay the area. Many posts and players have requested to have the Kuva Fortress reward Kuva or have Kuva Caches in them.

In personal opinion, having Kuva Fortress reward Kuva will need to have some special requirement than just caches. But more importantly, I would like to go down one key perspective:

THE IMPORTANCE THE KUVA FORTRESS HAS IN WARFRAME BASED ON LORE AND HOW IT COULD REFLECT THAT IN GAME

It was hinted many times how the Queens are the true leaders of the Grineer; the head honchos that control and run everything that goes down with them. Moreover, we have learned how they are Orokin by blood. These key factors places the Grineer Queens as a very important figure in the Warframe Lore. This idea bothers me since right now, the Kuva Fortress becomes just another ordinary part of the Star Map. So overall, the core idea is this:

Turn the Kuva Fortress into and endgame content with rewards that would create incentive for players to go back to.

By creating the Kuva Fortress into an endgame feature, you can create a more appealing content for veteran players as well as create a challenge for players to go through if they want that extra Kuva and possible more. The Kuva Siphon Events will remain as is, but you would have a special invitation for players to get that engaging test for their hard-worked gear.

IN CONCERNS TO SOME LOSS OF INCENTIVE TO RE-ENTER THE VOID

As much as I wish not to go overboard with my opinion, but I believe that the Void Tileset lost most of its incentive the moment the Void "collapsed" and the Relic System was introduced. Before, the Void Keys were the one thing that gave some new life into the Void Tileset. With the keys gone and this Relic System replacing it, we can now obtain the Prime Equipment from tilesets outside of the Void.

This sort of system cheapens the importance the Void had in Warframe.

Just like the Kuva Fortress doesn't have much appeal due to its lack of incentive, the Void falls into the same category. Aside from having to fight Vor and the Alert Missions that reward Void Traces, there can be more that we can do for the Void Tileset.

This is why in the near future, I will create a Fan Concept much like the Kuva Fortress one which would create a new incentive for revisiting the Void which will reward not onl Void Traces, but a new special item that will have a unique effect on Relics and more.

EXAMPLE OF AN ENDGAME VERSION OF KUVA FORTRESS

In the Fan Concept Section, I've made a thread of turning the Kuva Fortress into something of a "resetting random dungeon" in Warframe. The players would have an opportunity to enter the Kuva Fortress and progress into the area passing through map nodes that are randomly generated after certain time intervals. Each node becomes more difficult, but completing each node offers Kuva and more Kuva as players progress.

CONCLUSION

This here is just one considerable option for creating both an incentive for the Kuva Fortress as well as creating a challenging content for veteran players to enjoy. While there may be some hiccups to this idea, I feel this could reveal a clue as to how some features in the game could go down as. I hope that the concept link I've posted appeals to you and the viewers, and I hope that this idea could help you out.

Edited by FoxFX

2 hours ago, letir said:

Grineers are worst end-game fraction by now. Without acess to Nulifiers and Ancients they are easy prey to any Warframe.

We also need to consider that we are talking about turning the Kuva Fortress into an endgame feature in Warframe. There are traps ad many obstacles in the Kuva Fortress that create the feel of a great fight. In addition, there are the Kuva Guardians that as we all know are resilient to all attack unless with the power of the Operator Mode to make them vulnerable.

While discussing this idea and the fan concept I've made for this, there has been some players that have felt that The Void is currently in the same position as the Kuva Fortress. Personally, I could see the Void be transformed into another endgame content where it would reward Void Traces.

As to how such an idea would be implemented is something I will be brainstorming into. For now, I would like to rename this thread for both the Kuva Fortress and the Void.

On 4/7/2017 at 9:58 AM, Urlan said:

Would make sense to give incentive to revisit these tile-sets.

This was mentioned in the Devstream #85. If I recall correctly, a player asked the team on creating a better incentive to make players return to the Kuva Fortress.

In this thread and the Fan Concept i the link, I have made an idea of turning the Kuva Fortress into an endgame content which would reward Kuva. Details of that content and how it would play out is in the Fan Concepts as we speak.

IN CONCERNS TO SOME LOSS OF INCENTIVE TO RE-ENTER THE VOID

As much as I wish not to go overboard with my opinion, but I believe that the Void Tileset lost most of its incentive the moment the Void "collapsed" and the Relic System was introduced. Before, the Void Keys were the one thing that gave some new life into the Void Tileset. With the keys gone and this Relic System replacing it, we can now obtain the Prime Equipment from tilesets outside of the Void.

This sort of system cheapens the importance the Void had in Warframe.

Just like the Kuva Fortress doesn't have much appeal due to its lack of incentive, the Void falls into the same category. Aside from having to fight Vor and the Alert Missions that reward Void Traces, there can be more that we can do for the Void Tileset.

This is why in the near future, I will create a Fan Concept much like the Kuva Fortress one which would create a new incentive for revisiting the Void which will reward not onl Void Traces, but a new special item that will have a unique effect on Relics and more.

The void isn't as bad because there's at least Argon Crystal that's required a lot when crafting, there's Vor and also Bullet Dance.

Just to be clear "not as bad" is by no means good. I just thing that the kuva fortress needs much more attention because right now all it's good for is simaris rep and that dumb tonfa stance.

4 hours ago, Rage_Inducer said:

The void isn't as bad because there's at least Argon Crystal that's required a lot when crafting, there's Vor and also Bullet Dance.

Just to be clear "not as bad" is by no means good. I just thing that the kuva fortress needs much more attention because right now all it's good for is simaris rep and that dumb tonfa stance.

You are correct on the Argon Crystal and Bullet Dance being key incentives now for revisiting the Void. In addition, I also support that the Kuva Fortress should have more attention at this point.

A lot of players find Corrupted Vor annoying due to his dialogues. However, I personally feel that Corrupted Vor should also have a place for some good lore or Quest that would lead new players to learn more about the Relic System. An introductory/tutorial for a Relic System played as a Quest would show some smooth transition for the game.

To be clear, I like this idea, and I think getting KUVA in the KUVA fortress makes sense (riven cores also sound cool), but it also sounds pretty complicated to implement. I've posted on this issue a few times, so I'll just copy what I said in one of my past posts:

Yes! Kuva should drop in the Kuva fortress!

However, it shouldn't be just a normal drop on that tileset because then people would make it into a loot cave for kuva with the appropriate spamming of nekros and hydroid. Instead, make it like Lua where instead of sentients, kuva guardians come every rotation, and they drop, say, 75 kuva a piece. Alternatively, kuva could drop as rewards from spy vaults or from caches in assault missions for non-endless players.

Your concept makes the kuva fortress into the true endgame fortress that it ought to be, but I think that this might be a simpler, yet still somewhat interesting, solution to problem of the kuva fortress being a worthless place to go to.

9 hours ago, Somb3rBivalve said:

To be clear, I like this idea, and I think getting KUVA in the KUVA fortress makes sense (riven cores also sound cool), but it also sounds pretty complicated to implement. I've posted on this issue a few times, so I'll just copy what I said in one of my past posts:

Yes! Kuva should drop in the Kuva fortress!

However, it shouldn't be just a normal drop on that tileset because then people would make it into a loot cave for kuva with the appropriate spamming of nekros and hydroid. Instead, make it like Lua where instead of sentients, kuva guardians come every rotation, and they drop, say, 75 kuva a piece. Alternatively, kuva could drop as rewards from spy vaults or from caches in assault missions for non-endless players.

Your concept makes the kuva fortress into the true endgame fortress that it ought to be, but I think that this might be a simpler, yet still somewhat interesting, solution to problem of the kuva fortress being a worthless place to go to.

Your suggestions is indeed a much simpler solution and would be a lot easier to implement. I also would like to compliment you on the idea of having Kuva Guardians take a similar role the Sentients have in Lua (disregarding how many players despise the Kuva Guardians and their mechanic). It would be an easier implementation than what I have concocted.

I made the suggestion to turn the Kuva Fortress into an endgame content to not only tackle the incentive problem but to also tackle another problem in this game: Veteran-level players and others are concerned about having nothing interesting to do or any endgame content to challenge themselves to. Even now, I have been skimming through forum posts and threads of them complaining that they want something fresh and something more engaging and rewarding for that challenge.

I could see this might be to skew of an answer and that there might be other alternatives that could solve such a problem, but lore-wise the Twin Queens and the Kuva Fortress represent the highest hierarchy in the Grineer. However, it just not only feels like another portion of the Star Chart, it also has a lower level rang compared to Sedna. I firmly believe that an event/story that has endgame potential should also be treated as such. For now, we still have the Kuva Siphons as an almost endless way to obtain Kuva. Let there be a new but engaging/challenging way to exist also.

I did a similar post a long while ago. Here was my idea.

A daily mission that takes place in Kuva Fortress that rewards a large amount of Kuva with an interesting Boss fight.

The Mission is called Kuva Delivery

Each day the mission node on the fortress changes. 

The players work to destroy the Kuva transport, and its defenses, before it reaches the goal.

When the players damage the container to a certain point, a unique boss will show up. They are known as the Kuva Wardens and each node has a different one.

Even if the players destory the delivery cart it is a good idea to kill the Warden anyway because they drop high quality mods.

Quick Idea for the void: 
To make farming for Prime parts more fun.
Why not; Create unique boss raids in the Void for Prime parts?

Edited by Iccotak

On 4/11/2017 at 3:55 AM, Iccotak said:

I did a similar post a long while ago. Here was my idea.

A daily mission that takes place in Kuva Fortress that rewards a large amount of Kuva with an interesting Boss fight.

The Mission is called Kuva Delivery

Each day the mission node on the fortress changes. 

The players work to destroy the Kuva transport, and its defenses, before it reaches the goal.

When the players damage the container to a certain point, a unique boss will show up. They are known as the Kuva Wardens and each node has a different one.

Even if the players destory the delivery cart it is a good idea to kill the Warden anyway because they drop high quality mods.

Quick Idea for the void: 
To make farming for Prime parts more fun.
Why not; Create unique boss raids in the Void for Prime parts?

I have an idea for a special "Faction" that could be made for the Void Endgame Concept. Just to forewarn you, it heavily involves the Corrupted Vor.

I also want to work in a Questline that could explain more about the Void to new players as well as the Relic System.

I'll be looking again heavily in threads discussing about the Kuva Fortress and the Void for a while. I believe there to be additional issues we can explain here to support an Endgame Content or Endgame Version of the Kuva Fortress and Void.

IN RESPONSE TO AN IDEA OF ADDING KUVA AS A REWARD FOR SORTIE

As much as I agree on the current idea of adding Kuva as an endgame reward, I highly disagree on adding Kuva as a Sortie reward.

In Devstream, [DE] has mentioned of wanting to add incentive to the Kuva Fortress in which I responded to the issue with this idea. If Kuva is added to Sorties, it would be a bit of a missed opportunity for creating an incentive to return to the tileset.

While this depends on how much Kuva would be rewarded if Sorties would provide them, we also miss out on creating options for veteran players and other players to find a variety of challenging content to play around.

I firmly believe if [DE] could make a more engaging feature in Warframe, they should do so with creating a special event first with the Kuva Fortress as an endgame feature then see how things would turn out.

On 4/15/2017 at 8:58 AM, SnipSnipSnipered said:

You get an upvote from me. Intersting tileset, 0 reason to go there. Makes stuff unreasonably as opposed to other missions rewarding the exact same stuff. More rewards = more reason for me to go there, that's for sure.

New Cover Image for the Thread

rtNbTG2.jpg

Thanks for reading up on this and I am happy this caught your attention. I am currently working on a concept for the Void to possible have an Endgame content as well with Void Traces being added to the reward. For now, I hope this would clue in as to keep veteran players more occupied with other engaging  things to do.

New posts are being posted in concerns of veteran players lacking things to do. I can understand the amount of work [DE] has placed themselves into and the demand for new content and new Warframes is overwhelming. However, if there is a time to discuss the content we currently have and how things could go from there, I feel it would clear out many concerns for the game's future.

A new Reddit post requesting that Kuva should be rewarded in Kuva Fortress. However, I feel that just adding Kuva into the Fortress would be a missed opportunity to include new veteran player interest in content worth the challenge.